Scrapperlock

Troo

Anyone have any art like this? Doesn't have to be about scrappers.

This was always one of my favs.

Scrapperlock.png

• Like 12

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just this morning a friend and I duoing, me a healing 'troller and him on a brute.  Suddenly we found ourselves face to face with Valkyrie (only 'elite boss' Val, but still).  Besides an expletive of shock, did we run?  No.  What's even more reinforcing about this behavior is we took her and the rest of the Vindicators in that base down with only one death (mine of course).  Scrapperlock is a real thing.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, MetaVileTerror said:

If it's a Brute, then surely it's Furylock.

Scrapper did it first, Brutes were just designed later with that goal in mind a bit more.  That's why it's call scrapperlock.  🙂

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Confused 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Scrapperlock is when the rest of your team wipes, everyone respawns back at the hospital, and comes back to regroup at the mission entrance, and not only are you still alive and fighting... but you didn't notice they were gone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

57 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

Scrapperlock is when the rest of your team wipes, everyone respawns back at the hospital, and comes back to regroup at the mission entrance, and not only are you still alive and fighting... but you didn't notice they were gone.

So true.  I took my tw/bio on an ITF, and found myself fighting Romulus/Nictus.  I assumed everyone else was cleaning up the other minotaurs and letting me hold the AV's attention, but when I beat him so bad he turned into a fart cloud, I found I was still alone.  Yeah, everyone behind me had died.  There were whole conversations in chat about it and everything.

Edited by roleki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I love this feeling.  My absolute favorite toon on live was my Fire/SR scrapper, who I've recreated here as fire/shield (which didn't exist when I made the original, and just flat-out performs better).  My favorite moment with him was running missions with a team a couple weeks ago when we accidentally aggroed three or four spawns at once.  A good chunk of the team wiped, but I was still going strong.  Once most everything was dead, there was one stubborn enemy who refused to die, and eventually I realized "Oh, there's an AV in there".  I'd gotten him down to about 1/4 health without even noticing it was an AV.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, molten_dragon said:

I love this feeling.  My absolute favorite toon on live was my Fire/SR scrapper, who I've recreated here as fire/shield (which didn't exist when I made the original, and just flat-out performs better).  My favorite moment with him was running missions with a team a couple weeks ago when we accidentally aggroed three or four spawns at once.  A good chunk of the team wiped, but I was still going strong.  Once most everything was dead, there was one stubborn enemy who refused to die, and eventually I realized "Oh, there's an AV in there".  I'd gotten him down to about 1/4 health without even noticing it was an AV.

I love that combo. Back on live it was absolutely my strongest character.

Scrapperlock is something that transcends AT.  I've been guilty of it on Scrappers, Brutes, Stalkers, Tankers, Blasters, Defenders... once you build some good defenses a Blaster can keep right on trucking through a fair number of mob types just like a Scrapper.  A Scrapper is just less likely to bite off more than he can chew; LESS likely of course doesn't mean "it won't happen".

• Haha 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Scrapperlock is something that transcends AT.

Yeah, I once had a controller come out the last toon standing as more mobs closed in on us, with one of my dead teammates was cheering me on.  I survived too!

Go have fun!

9 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

'Was about to say...

Yeah. It can happen to anyone.

I've been prone to that with my Sentinels a few times. Not to mention the Brute. Or the Stalkers. XD

difference is the highlighted word needs to be replaced with ALWAYS for a scrapper

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 11/7/2019 at 1:32 PM, Shred Monkey said:

Y'all are making me miss my MA/regen scrapper from the old days *tear* she is now MA/WP but it aint the same!  I miss the tanks returning from the hospital.

Don't forget the "Six Second Rule" either. A Scrapper staple that so many people don't remember, or are new and have no idea.

"When a Scrapper is invited onto a team, after entrance into the first mission the Team Lead has six seconds to declare a definitive expectation or guidance/gameplan--if not already previously declared beforehand--for the team, or explicitly for the Scrapper. If no ground rules are given, than the Scrapper is permitted to engage with any enemy there within at peril of their own demise. The team is not required, nor expected to offer any form of assistance, and should the Scrapper fall, it is on them. If any member of the team follows the Scrapper into combat upon enactment of the Six Second Rule, and any (or all) team member(s) fall, the Scrapper is not held liable for their defeat. It is furthermore the responsibility of the Scrapper to ensure that their actions do not result in backlash that impacts the team should the team choose not to follow the Scrapper into combat, and that if the Scrapper's actions result in any team member's death when they choose to refrain supporting the Scrapper, than it is at the Team Leader's discretion to remove the Scrapper from the team for inflicting undue harm."

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 11/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, Solarverse said:

I would have Scrapperlock if they would just give Scrappers EM.

Whirling Pink Pom Poms of doom..

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Not very "Doooomy" since the nerf to ET, frankly it's the very last set I'd play now.  I had a Stone/EM tanker in issue 6 that was borderline adequate until the nerf... afterwards she became the only level 50 I've ever deleted.

IMO it was a mediocre set that was redeemed only by the fast animating ET; when it got the 2 week animation all it became good at was corpse blasting after the team had already killed the mob in question.  Yes, I do have quite a bit of dislike for the set as it stands now... it's just not very good at anything anymore.  It at least used to be good on single target damage.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On a recent Ice Mistral Strike Force, I was cautioned by a scrapper-canny team leader to  "Watch out for Archus agro" while I was engaging a group of mobs nearby.

I responded with "pfft, Archus had better watch out for Aracknight aggro."

After some lols and predictions that I'd die first, Archus did not in fact watch out for Aracknight agro.  He also died first :)

I also think Scrapperlock transcends the game, and is a player power.

• Like 2

Had a classic and memorable Scrapperlock moment last night doing an ITF. Someone pulled down Rommy and Requiem and I instantly engaged the first AV I saw (Requiem). I sort of acknowledged that there was another player on him for a brief moment but then Req started running and I chased him down without any thought. Eventually the screen shifted and I saw someone fly over and then fly away and then Req died and I went to look for Rommy and realized the rest of the team had been engaging him cause the mission completed right in that moment.

I hadn’t intended on basically soloing one of them, but what can you do? 😅

I gotta say I really miss those moments.

• Like 2