I wish I had found this topic a long time ago! While a lot of these powersets would likely need mechanic tweaking before implementation, I do like to see an array of what's possible using stuff already in the game. I think my favorite is Utility Grenade, followed shortly by throwing blades.  Though, I think more earth sets are most likely to get into the game.

• Like 2

Urban Assault (Dominator Secondary)

Dual Wield (ST Lethal Ranged Attack)

Heavy Blow (ST Smashing Melee Attack)

Empty Clips (Cone Lethal Ranged Attack)

Spinning Strike (Melee Targeted Smashing AOE Attack)

Focused Accuracy (Toggle: +ToHit/+ACC/+Perception/Resist ToHit Debuff)

Physical Perfection (Passive Regen/Rec)

Executioner Shot (ST Lethal Range Attack)

Hail of Bullets (PBAOE Lethal Attack - Same animation as Blaster version, but smaller range and less damage)

Crushing Uppercut (ST Smashing Melee Attack)

No Build Up for more damage UNLESS Focused Accuracy is altered for a bit of +DMG as well.  Maybe call it something else and get rid of the ToHit Debuff Resist, or just make it so the numbers work with a bit of +DMG.

I went with the Passive Physical Perfection as the set's utility power, as I just felt it worked well with the theme of the set.

Hail of Bullets for the PBAOE of course!  Damage and recharge can easily be adjusted so it's not a nuke and just another PBAOE attack.

Edited by BrandX
  • Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 7:46 PM, Tyrannical said:

Funnily enough I was digging through material to see what else could be made and happened by the Talons of Vengeance 'Sirens' and their amazing Sonic abilities. They have access to about 7 unique power effects (two of which can be reused I'm sure) which will form the bulk of the animation/FX for use in a new powerset. Though, since we already have a sonic support set, I think it would serve well to be tweaked into a Control Set (oh boy another one).

Sonic Control

Your ability to control soundwaves and frequencies has allowed you to shape your voice into hypnotic songs and chants. When using your Sonic Control powers on a sleeping target, you create a 'Melody', causing your target to suffer additional psionic damage.

MentalControl Hypnotize.png Entrance - Single target Sleep, Moderate Energy/Psi damage, -Res

MentalControl Command.png Fascinate - Single target Hold, Moderate Energy/Psi damage, -Res

MentalControl MindControl.png Serenade - Single target Confuse

FireTrap Smoke.png Distraction - Location AoE -perception, -tohit

FireTrap Flashfire.png Wail - Targeted AoE stun, Minor Smashing/Energy damage, -Res

ElectricControl StaticField.png Lullaby - Targeted AoE Sleep, -Res

MentalControl Terrify.png Dirge - Cone AoE Fear, Minor Smashing/Psionic damage, -Res

MentalControl Freeze.png Harmony - Targeted AoE Hold

MentalControl Confuse.png Cacophony - Targeted AoE Confuse

I wonder if this could be sold as "power of suggestion."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BrandX said:

Urban Assault (Dominator Secondary)

Dual Wield (ST Lethal Ranged Attack)

Heavy Blow (ST Smashing Melee Attack)

Empty Clips (Cone Lethal Ranged Attack)

Spinning Strike (Melee Targeted Smashing AOE Attack)

Focused Accuracy (Toggle: +ToHit/+ACC/+Perception/Resist ToHit Debuff)

Physical Perfection (Passive Regen/Rec)

Executioner Shot (ST Lethal Range Attack)

Hail of Bullets (PBAOE Lethal Attack - Same animation as Blaster version, but smaller range and less damage)

Crushing Uppercut (ST Smashing Melee Attack)

No Build Up for more damage UNLESS Focused Accuracy is altered for a bit of +DMG as well.  Maybe call it something else and get rid of the ToHit Debuff Resist, or just make it so the numbers work with a bit of +DMG.

I went with the Passive Physical Perfection as the set's utility power, as I just felt it worked well with the theme of the set.

Hail of Bullets for the PBAOE of course!  Damage and recharge can easily be adjusted so it's not a nuke and just another PBAOE attack.

Funnily enough I think this set was already in the works when Guardian/Striker was in development, though it used Martial Arts instead of Street Justice and was called 'Gun Fu' or something

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Why not something like a shotgun power set or a single pistol one? Hell I would even love to be able to use things like the Bat, Knife, Firemans Axe, etc if I'm in the mood if we want to reuse powers taken from NPCS. We already have the animations and stuff for it. I mean for a full shotgun powerset we can use slug, beanbag (though its heavily underused at how bloody useless it is), aim, pummel, and a few others. There are a few 5th Column Lieutenants or Bosses that fire a grenade of sorts from their shotgun. It would be nice to have more power sets to allow more creativity. We could also have SMGs since those are basically a weaker version of the AR in a sense but the upside would the powers for them would be better recharge and endurance usage.

2 hours ago, Narfu12 said:

Why not something like a shotgun power set or a single pistol one? Hell I would even love to be able to use things like the Bat, Knife, Firemans Axe, etc if I'm in the mood if we want to reuse powers taken from NPCS. We already have the animations and stuff for it. I mean for a full shotgun powerset we can use slug, beanbag (though its heavily underused at how bloody useless it is), aim, pummel, and a few others. There are a few 5th Column Lieutenants or Bosses that fire a grenade of sorts from their shotgun. It would be nice to have more power sets to allow more creativity. We could also have SMGs since those are basically a weaker version of the AR in a sense but the upside would the powers for them would be better recharge and endurance usage.

I have quite a few powersets aimed at this sorta theme already (Urban Assault, Urban Warfare, Munitions and Tactical Rifle), but I was also planning to do some sort of 'Espionage' blast set down the line that would use a single pistol and a few devices, something with a 007 vibe to it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

I have quite a few powersets aimed at this sorta theme already (Urban Assault, Urban Warfare, Munitions and Tactical Rifle), but I was also planning to do some sort of 'Espionage' blast set down the line that would use a single pistol and a few devices, something with a 007 vibe to it.

Alright and aside from the gang member stuff. I had also brought up the shotgun thing cause well. I'm never gonna let the dream of being able to use a shotgun die as it can open up a good bit of toon ideas.

• 2 months later

Telekinesis Epic (for Scrappers/Stalkers)

Shield Other (+Def All: Other)

Propel (Blast) 

Lift & Crush (KU and Hold) Same Animation as Lift with target being KU, but they end in a hold, possibly spinning around like Soul Storm, then being slammed back down.  Or just lifted like Soul Storm and spun around.

Psionic Tornado (Targeted AOE)

Dispersion Bubble (PBAOE Defense Bubble) Same level of defense as Maneuvers, may or may not have the status protection with it, either .39 - .52 End/Sec cost.

Some might see the Dispersion Bubble as adding to much defense to Scrappers, but seeing as it would be same level as Leadership toggle and would need 2 power grabs from the Epic first, it wouldn't seem to far other there for me and it works with the theme.

• Like 2

Time Control

spacer.png - Time Wall: a copy of the blaster secondary Temporal Manipulation power, minus the "Delayed" effect. Adds moderate DoT (Energy/Cold)

22?cb=20051013132030  - Shocking Revelation: a ranged copy of the Energy Melee > Stun power.

22?cb=20051013125021 - Temporal Barrier: an AoE version of Time Wall.

spacer.png - Ageless Insight: an adapted copy of Soul Drain. Still PBAoE, no damage, adds fear, +to hit to player per target.

spacer.png - Reaction Time: a copy of the blaster secondary Martial Combat power.

22?cb=20080510020341 - Visions of Tomorrow: highly modified copy of the Arachnos Soldier > Omega Maneuver. Strong taunt aura, then detonates causing moderate smashing/psionic damage and leaves some enemies confused.

22?cb=20051013125054 - Time Dilation: ranged AoE version of Time Manipulation > Time Stop.

spacer.png - Release Potential: a modified copy of the Warshade power Unchain Essence. Slightly lower damage in the form of Energy damage and an increased stun duration more in line with other controller stuns. Can use the "nuke" effect from the costume change emote.

spacer.png - Paramount: you summon a version of yourself from the future where you have achieved your greatest potential. Uses a single "Mirror Image" version of the Phantom Army power. Melee pet with copies of Time Wall, as well as the Aging Touch, End of Time, and Future Pain powers from the blaster secondary Temporal Manipulation set.

• Like 5

Just now, GenesisMan said:

Time Control

spacer.png - Time Wall: a copy of the blaster secondary Temporal Manipulation power, minus the "Delayed" effect. Adds moderate DoT (Energy/Cold)

22?cb=20051013132030  - Shocking Revelation: a ranged copy of the Energy Melee > Stun power.

22?cb=20051013125021 - Temporal Barrier: an AoE version of Time Wall.

spacer.png - Ageless Insight: an adapted copy of Soul Drain. Still PBAoE, no damage, adds fear, +to hit to player per target.

spacer.png - Reaction Time: a copy of the blaster secondary Martial Combat power.

22?cb=20080510020341 - Visions of Tomorrow: highly modified copy of the Arachnos Soldier > Omega Maneuver. Strong taunt aura, then detonates causing moderate smashing/psionic damage and leaves some enemies confused.

22?cb=20051013125054 - Time Dilation: ranged AoE version of Time Manipulation > Time Stop.

spacer.png - Release Potential: a modified copy of the Warshade power Unchain Essence. Slightly lower damage in the form of Energy damage and an increased stun duration more in line with other controller stuns. Can use the "nuke" effect from the costume change emote.

spacer.png - Paramount: you summon a version of yourself from the future where you have achieved your greatest potential. Uses a single "Mirror Image" version of the Phantom Army power. Melee pet with copies of Time Wall, as well as the Aging Touch, End of Time, and Future Pain powers from the blaster secondary Temporal Manipulation set.

Nice work! Added to the list!

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2020 at 3:44 PM, GenesisMan said:

Time Control

No offense, but this kind of seems like a bit of a mess. For one thing, it's only hold is an AoE one which will probably be painfully long cooldown, and every single Control set always has at least one ST hold. The next is that the AoE stun requires a corpse, which limits your options for controls that actually mitigate damage. (Immobilize is honestly worthless in many respects). A time control set sounds interesting, sure, but with what you presented it's honestly going to be frustrating and lackluster.

So since the idea of elemental masterminds came up, I figured I'd try my hand at it. I didn't want too much overlap with @Naraka's Arcanist since the Animus Arcana do have elemental themes present in their layout. Now, the problem I was running into is that there are 4 elements, but 6 pets, so... I did something a little controversial for it's 18th level ability.

Elementals

You can summon the power of the elements and give them living form. Elementals encompass a variety of forces, from the powers of wind, earth, fire and water, providing a mixture of different damage types and effects.

WaterBlast AquaBolt.png - Aqua Bolt: (Taken from Water Blast)

DemonSummoning SummonDemonlings.png - Summon Sprites: (Summons 3 random sprites from a list of 4)

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Fire Blast: (Taken from Fire Blast)

DemonSummoning EnchantDemon.png - Imbue Elementals: (Upgrade power)

EarthAssault Fissure.png - Fissure: (Taken from Earth Assault)

DemonSummoning SummonDemons.png - Summon Elementals: (Summons 2 strong elementals)

DemonSummoning HellonEarth.png - Elemental Equilibrium: (Autopower, adds a 4th sprite to the Summon Sprites ability)

DemonSummoning SummonDemonPrince.png - Summon Avatar: (Summons a single powerful avatar)

DemonSummoning AbyssalEmpowerment.png - Empower Elementals: (Upgrade power)

DemonSummoning SummonDemonlings.png - Sprites

Water Sprite: (inspired by Water Blast, appears as a hovering globe of water akin to Hydro Blast's projectile)

Standard: WaterBlast AquaBolt.png - Aqua Bolt

Imbued: WaterBlast HydroBlast.png - Hydro Blast

Upgraded: WaterBlast WaterBurst.png - Water Burst

Fire Sprite: (inspired by Fire Blast, appears as a ball of fire much like the Animus Arcana Fireball)

Standard: FireBlast Flare.png - Flares

Imbued: FireBlast FireBlast.png - Fire Blast

Upgraded: FireBlast FireBall.png - Fire Ball

Earth Sprite: (inspired by Legacy Chain Earth mobs, appears as a levitating stone boulder)

Standard: GravityControl Propel.png - Propel Rocks

Imbued: EarthAssault HurlBoulder.png - Propel Boulder

Upgraded: EarthAssault Fissure.png - Fissure

Wind Sprite: (inspired by Sonic Blast, appears as vortex of wind)

Standard: SonicBlast Quick.png - Air Bolt

Imbued: SonicBlast Medium.png - Wind Blast

Upgraded: TrickArrow DebuffDamRes.png - Pressure Blast

DemonSummoning SummonDemons.png - Elementals

Storm Elemental: (inspired by storm summoning, as well as water, ice, and lightning powers, appears as a storm cloud with snow, lightning and wind)

Standard: WaterBlast AquaBolt.png - Aqua Bolt, , ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png - Lightning Bolt

Imbued:  StormSummoning ThunderClap.png - Thunder Clap, ElectricityManipulation LightningField.png - Lightning Field,  IceFormation Shiver.png - Shiver

Upgraded: ColdDomination SnowStorm.png - Snow Storm,  StormSummoning FreezingRain.png - Freezing Rain

Primal Elemental: (inspired by minions of ignius, as well as stone and fire powers, appears as a ball of magma with dripping lava and plumes of fire and ash)

Standard: FireBlast FireBlast.png - Lava Blast, FireBlast Flare.png - Flares

Imbued: FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite, EarthAssault MudPots.png - Mud Pots,  ThermalRadiation HeatExhaustion.png - Heat Exhaustion

Upgraded: ThermalRadiation MeltArmor.png - Melt Armor,  FireBlast FireBall.png - Basalt Bomb

DemonSummoning SummonDemonPrince.png - Avatar

Avatar: (a collection of different elemental powers, with some borrowed from sirocco, appears as a rainbow emitting water, fire, debris and wind)

Standard: FireBlast FireBlast.png - Lava Blast,  WaterBlast SteamSpray.png - Steam Spray, StormSummoning ThunderClap.png - Thunder Clap

Imbued: EarthAssault Fissure.png - Fissure, ColdDomination Sleet.png - Sleet, EarthAssault MudPots.png - Mud Pots

Upgraded: FireTrap Cinders.png - Cinders, WaterBlast Geyser.png - Geyser, StormSummoning Tornado.png - Dust Devils

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 6

On 8/1/2020 at 11:55 PM, Sakura Tenshi said:

No offense, but this kind of seems like a bit of a mess. For one thing, it's only hold is an AoE one which will probably be painfully long cooldown, and every single Control set always has at least one ST hold. The next is that the AoE stun requires a corpse, which limits your options for controls that actually mitigate damage. (Immobilize is honestly worthless in many respects). A time control set sounds interesting, sure, but with what you presented it's honestly going to be frustrating and lackluster.

I can totally see your critiques. My concern with a st-hold in this context is there is only one power that fits that description, which controllers already have access to in their secondary. I figured a st-stun would fit a similar role without direct duplication being an issue. <shrug>

I figured that a stun that requires a corpse wouldn't be a great opener, but that's why I figured the "taunt bomb" power would be the opener more often than not. I would love to give time control a more nuanced design, but didn't see many other options to recycle from. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, GenesisMan said:

I can totally see your critiques. My concern with a st-hold in this context is there is only one power that fits that description, which controllers already have access to in their secondary. I figured a st-stun would fit a similar role without direct duplication being an issue. <shrug>

I figured that a stun that requires a corpse wouldn't be a great opener, but that's why I figured the "taunt bomb" power would be the opener more often than not. I would love to give time control a more nuanced design, but didn't see many other options to recycle from. Any suggestions?

Honestly, might have to bite the bullet and make a 'Temporal Stasis' hold lock power. Admittedly, in the scheme of things, it was a little odd they changed Dark Miasma so much for Controllers but left Time Manipulation unchanged.

9 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Honestly, might have to bite the bullet and make a 'Temporal Stasis' hold lock power. Admittedly, in the scheme of things, it was a little odd they changed Dark Miasma so much for Controllers but left Time Manipulation unchanged.

I think that may be because Dark Control and Dark Miasma were given to Controllers at the same time, so they could adjust the secondary accordingly. Though it's still strange how sets like Time, Poison, Trick Arrow and Traps retain a lot of their Mez potential.

Edited by Tyrannical

• 2 weeks later

Since it's come up again in the forums, I figured I may do my own take on Illusion Control for Dominators in this thread as a bit of a play around

Illusion Control (Dominator)

MentalControl Hypnotize.png - Dream: New single target sleep power, uses Spectral Wounds animations/FX, deals psionic damage.

Illusions Blind.png - Blind: Taken from Controller version, no longer applies sleep to nearby targets.

Illusions Decieve.png - Deceive: Taken from Controller version

MentalControl MassHypnosis.png - Trance: New AoE sleep power, uses Group Invisibility animations/FX, also reduces enemy Perception and ToHit.

Illusions Invisibility.png - Superior Invisibility: Taken from Controller version

Illusions PhantomArmy.png - Phantom Copies: Reworked version of Phantom Army. Deals no damage and has slightly lower taunt magnitude/threat rating, but now inflicts -ACC debuffs. 

Illusions Flash.png - Flash: Taken from Controller version

Illusions spectralTerror.png - Spectral Terror: Taken from Controller version

Illusions Phantasm.png - Phantasm: Taken from Controller version

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 3

Actually, have a few ideas myself on how to do a Dominator illusions power would involve removing spectral terror and replacing it with a cone fear, standard phantom army but make it the level 32 power, and replace phantasm with 'Phantasmagoria' a PBAoE stun (from a swirl of dazzling, seizuriffic colors). Possibly bump up Invisibility, make a group PBAoE click buff.

Edit: as an alternative to the cone fear, make it a 'contagious fear' effect, possibly with an increased fear duration if the target is asleep. Call it 'Mass Hysteria'.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Why get rid of Phantom Copies (in this case) damage? 😕  

Mostly because a Dominator's secondary is based around damage already, so doubling up may hurt on balancing.

however, if it impacts on building domination, I would say a simple nerf to damage output would be fine too.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1