I just realised that Scrappers/Stalkers already get Targeting Drone as part of the Weapon Mastery Ancillary.

So perhaps instead of Targetting Drone, they could instead gain this;

image.png.cca8d9b1d952b55efac1c88b3a5a2be9.png  - Optical Scanner: A new toggle power that increases perception and accuracy, and resistance to confuse and placate. Also provides resistance to perception debuffs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Could give Scrappers and Stalkers Surveillance instead.

That's a possibility too! Though I wasn't sure it would be as rewarding since it's single target.

Then again, it can be activated without drawing aggro or breaking stealth, which is pretty powerful I guess!

Edited by Tyrannical

What about some kind of Storm Armor for melee types, using the Storm Summoning set for animations and visual effects.

T1:  High Pain Tolerance  (Auto - same as Willpower)

T2:  Heavy Fog  (Toggle - similar to Steamy Mist, but affects self only)

T3:  Downpour  (Click - similar to Freezing Rain but is a PBAoE with a -DMG effect to enemies instead of DoT... slowing and and Knockdowns remain the same)

T4:  O2 Infusion  (Click - similar to O2 Boost but affects self, and is a clicky mez protection like Practiced Brawler but with a healing secondary effect)

T5:  Whirlwind  (Toggle - similar to Hurricane but with strong -ACC debuff and minimal to no KB... maybe Knockdown instead)

T6:  Thunderclap  (Click - same as Storm Summoning version, damage mitigation via stunning enemies)

T7:  Violent Gust  (Click - similar to Gale but as a PBAoE with high magnitude KB)

T8:  Blizzard  (similar to snowstorm but as a PBAoE toggle; affected targets are slowed and more fragile with a -RES effect)

T9:  Lightning Storm  (same as Storm Summoning but with shorter duration and longer recharge)

The set offers a baseline resistance to all damage with High Pain Tolerance, and increases it for Fire, Cold, and Energy with Heavy Fog.  It also gives defense to everything with Heavy Fog, but instead of increasing defense with other powers reduces enemies accuracy and damage with Downpour and Whirlwind.  Additional mitigation effects with PBAoE stuns and knockbacks when you need breathing room with Thunderclap and Violent Gust, and actively reducing your foes resistance at T8 with Blizzard, which also adds further mitigation with additional slowing effects.  The Lightning Storm isn't armor, per se, but "protects" you by helping to kill enemies faster like Shield Defense's Shield Charge.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

What about some kind of Storm Armor for melee types, using the Storm Summoning set for animations and visual effects.

T3:  Downpour  (Click - similar to Freezing Rain but is a PBAoE with a -DMG effect to enemies instead of DoT... slowing and and Knockdowns remain the same)

T4:  O2 Infusion  (Click - similar to O2 Boost but affects self, and is a clicky mez protection like Practiced Brawler but with a healing secondary effect)

T5:  Whirlwind  (Toggle - similar to Hurricane but with strong -ACC debuff and minimal to no KB... maybe Knockdown instead)

T6:  Thunderclap  (Click - same as Storm Summoning version, damage mitigation via stunning enemies)

T7:  Violent Gust  (Click - similar to Gale but as a PBAoE with high magnitude KB)

T8:  Blizzard  (similar to snowstorm but as a PBAoE toggle; affected targets are slowed and more fragile with a -RES effect)

T9:  Lightning Storm  (same as Storm Summoning but with shorter duration and longer recharge)

The set offers a baseline resistance to all damage with High Pain Tolerance, and increases it for Fire, Cold, and Energy with Heavy Fog.  It also gives defense to everything with Heavy Fog, but instead of increasing defense with other powers reduces enemies accuracy and damage with Downpour and Whirlwind.  Additional mitigation effects with PBAoE stuns and knockbacks when you need breathing room with Thunderclap and Violent Gust, and actively reducing your foes resistance at T8 with Blizzard, which also adds further mitigation with additional slowing effects.  The Lightning Storm isn't armor, per se, but "protects" you by helping to kill enemies faster like Shield Defense's Shield Charge.

For stalkers, replace High Pain Tolerance with Hide that can stack with the stealth effect of Heavy Fog.

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

I can see a lot of Storm Summoning's assets being reused for a defense powerset, I sometimes poke at Support powersets like this for ideas (Such as Sonic Armor).

However, the set does look a little too focused on debuffs and knockback rather than personal protection, so it would need to have quite a few powers modified to fit into the defense powerset format.

Storm Shield - Toggle power with Defense to Melee, and resistance to Energy, Negative and Cold

Wind Shield - Toggle power with Defense to AoE, Ranged and resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Fire

O2 Infusion - Self Heal power

Rainfall - Mez Protection click power

Snow Globe - PBAoE toggle power that works as a smaller version of Snow Storm

Mist Shroud - Personal Stealth toggle (replaced with hide on stalkers)

Thunderclap - Unchanged from its Storm Summoning form

Lightning Storm - Unchanged from its Storm Summoning form

Eye of the Storm - Click power that grants defense to all damage types.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrannical said:

I can see a lot of Storm Summoning's assets being reused for a defense powerset, I sometimes poke at Support powersets like this for ideas (Such as Sonic Armor).

However, the set does look a little too focused on debuffs and knockback rather than personal protection, so it would need to have quite a few powers modified to fit into the defense powerset format.

Storm Shield - Toggle power with Defense to Melee, and resistance to Energy, Negative and Cold

Wind Shield - Toggle power with Defense to AoE, Ranged and resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Fire

O2 Infusion - Self Heal power

Rainfall - Mez Protection click power

Snow Globe - PBAoE toggle power that works as a smaller version of Snow Storm

Mist Shroud - Personal Stealth toggle (replaced with hide on stalkers)

Thunderclap - Unchanged from its Storm Summoning form

Lightning Storm - Unchanged from its Storm Summoning form

Eye of the Storm - Click power that grants defense to all damage types.

Just throwing ideas out there.  I'm open to other ideas.

• Like 2

@Tyrannical
Suggestion for the tactical gear powerset's Emergency teleporter: It's a bit elaborate, but what if it was a two-stag power. In the first stage to 'designate a location' which becomes where you'll teleport to, good for about maybe 120-180 seconds and you receive a pop-up power bar. When you click that, you teleport to your designated location and restores HP, endurance to 100% (one time) and gives you 10 seconds of +5000% recharge. You're basically falling back to refresh your options in otherwords. And if we want to get really crazy, we could make it so that if you're targetting an ally when you hit the pop-up button, they're the ones who get sent back to the designated location. Also optional: it could be a res power.

Now, there's a lot of annoying griefing potential here, I admit. But there's also a lot of cool tactical potential as well.

• Like 2

Here's an idea:  What if we added a variant of dual pistols, but with a more "mystical" bent.  Use the swap ammo mechanic, but with a twist;  Dark ammo, Lightning ammo, and Psi ammo.  These different types would have effects similar to their related blast sets, (tohit debuff for darkness, end drain for lightning, -recharge/sleeps/disorients for psi).  You could use the exact same animations, only varying the visual effect on the enemy to reflect the ammo/damage type...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, biostem said:

Here's an idea:  What if we added a variant of dual pistols, but with a more "mystical" bent.  Use the swap ammo mechanic, but with a twist;  Dark ammo, Lightning ammo, and Psi ammo.  These different types would have effects similar to their related blast sets, (tohit debuff for darkness, end drain for lightning, -recharge/sleeps/disorients for psi).  You could use the exact same animations, only varying the visual effect on the enemy to reflect the ammo/damage type...

I believe @Aberrant had something like that in the discussion a couple of weeks ago, and I was very intrigued by the idea!

I was considering making something similar, though instead using staff fighting as a good base to work from, since there are some later NPCs with a few 'Staff Blast' powers that look interesting... perhaps paired with animations from Bane Spider/Mace Mastery, there may be enough to work with for formulating a similar concept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Skip the pistols and make it a magic wand using a color customizable version of the Blackwand (and add other rod/wand options, like the Lost Curing Wand).

Let's all go to wizard school.  😎

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Skip the pistols and make it a magic wand using a color customizable version of the Blackwand (and add other rod/wand options, like the Lost Curing Wand).

Let's all go to wizard school.  😎

Well, my only concern is that there's only the 1 animation for the black wand...

10 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Also, how many animations does one need for wand attacks?

Wand wielder points and releases wand energy at target(s).  Let the effects that are released be what makes it stand out.

I'd get hella bored with a power set that has only one attack animation.

57 minutes ago, biostem said:

Well, my only concern is that there's only the 1 animation for the black wand...

There's the standard wand animation, then there's the Arachnos Mace animation, then the Mace's sniper Animation, then both of those with a variant animation for use with shields. There's also an animation for Mace Mastery's pet summons.

So there's at least 6 animations to work with that would be plausible. Two more if you want to re-use the Crowd Control/Whirling mace animations for a Cone and PBAoE attack.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vanden said:

I'd get hella bored with a power set that has only one attack animation.

I guess I don't need everything to look like an anime attack, full of motion and "excitement" for the sake of having a visual impact.  Sometimes what comes out is more important than the visual effect produced to get the end result.  I mean, I like Assault Rifle for it's two handed gun pose shooting animations...  I absolutely despise some of the absolutely ridiculous attack animations of dual pistols.  Some are fine, but others are over the top and just plain silly.

• Like 1

Some of the animations are good.  Some are not.

Pistols, Dual Wield, and even Empty Clips are just fine as animated attacks.  Bullet Rain is where things go stupid, as you shoot upward into the air while swinging your arms with each shot as if to push the bullets out of the guns a little harder and then they arc through the air to curve downward again toward the enemy...  defies physics.  It's plain stupid and the developers were stupid for allowing the animator to do that... or worse, REALLY stupid for asking for that.  Then back to okay with Suppressive Fire and Executioner's Shot, and returning to stupid-town once more with Piercing Rounds.  Even Hail of Bullets is tolerable because the character is supposed to be shooting in all directions and needs to move around to get that effect...  But I want to slap the stupid out of whoever thought Bullet Rain's and Piercing Rounds' animations were a good idea.

But while there are people like you who feel it would be boring to just stand there and shoot, others find it equally a turn off for being over-animated.  And if everything were over-animated to not be "boring," then the game would be catering to people specifically who want one thing while ignoring people who want something else.  Sometimes you have to give the other side what they want, too.  Balance.

After the amount of stupid that went into the animations of Dual Pistols, I'd be perfectly happy for a "just stand still and shoot" blast set... something that would look a little more calm and zen-like rather than an over-caffeinated idiot spazzing out.

Edited by Player2

53 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Bullet Rain is where things go stupid, as you shoot upward into the air while swinging your arms with each shot as if to push the bullets out of the guns a little harder and then they arc through the air to curve downward again toward the enemy...  defies physics.

Really heavy bullets.

And now you've lost me.

I don't like those animations either, but it wasn't stupidity that lead them to those decisions.  That was calculated design, with an intent to appeal to a particular demographic.  You, I, and other players might not -like- that decision, but it doesn't mean that it was made out of some lack of intelligence.