Focused Feedback: New IO Sets (Build 1)

Jimmy

8 hours ago, Vooded said:

Please do not change ranged defense to aoe defense in this set. AoE defense is the least useful defense. Ranged, on the other hand, is extremely useful for dominators, blasters, defenders and corruptors.

It should also be noted there is already a targeted aoe set giving aoe defense at six pieces. Annihilation does this, plus of course there's the attuned winter set. Giving this new one ranged defense allows for more options in building a character which is always nice.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

1 minute ago, Vanden said:

I think Panacea has a higher PPM because it's a PvP set proc, not because it's unique.

That's fair. On the flip side, Theft of Essence offers a 3.5 PPM for +10% endurance proc while Performance Shifter does a 1.5 PPM. Neither are unique. If Call of Sandman isn't unique (2PPM), nor is Entropic Chaos (3PPM), perhaps this one shouldn't be unique either. It's all the same heal buff.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Please do not make these unique procs.  There are no sets to use for these attributes otherwise.  Endurance / Damage is a valuable trait for sapping which is already one of the weakest mitigations in game.  Letting us actually slot blast attacks to both drain/damage/bonus would be huge.  I'd love to have this in more than one set.  Just like Posi/Deci go in most AOE/Ranged attacks.  Give us the option to 6 slot if we want.

On 2/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, Jimmy said:

Please use this topic to discuss the new IO sets.

Extract from the patch notes:

New IO Sets

• Power_Transfer.png.388c155a5c6018f984e46a69823a6268.png Power Transfer (Endurance Modification, Rare, 21-50)
    • The second damage-focused Endurance Modification set.
    • Enhancements: 
      • Endurance Modification
      • Damage / Recharge
      • Endurance Modification / Damage
      • Damage / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • Damage / Recharge / Accuracy / Endurance Reduction
      • UNIQUE: Chance to Heal Self (2 PPM)
    • Set Bonuses: 
      • 2: 6% Regeneration
      • 3: 1.35% Max Endurance
      • 4: 1.875% Max Health
      • 5: 9% Accuracy
      • 6: 7.5% Recharge
  •  

Half of Elec Control is not taking power transfer IO's I do believe this is a bug. Static Field, Paralyzing blast, Gremlins and synaptic overload are not excepting Power Transfer IO set.  Also Lightning field looks like it double procs every 3 min nothing major heals are so small it doesn't matter imo did not test it long.

Have not tested other IO's besides Power Transfer so might be other new IO end mods aswell.

Heal is very potent on long recharge aoe heals recommend trying out  regeneration between 50-100% per target for 5-10 sec. To play around with that and comparing balance.

Edited by Ironscarlet

I don't see any reason for the Power Transfer proc to be unique, as-is. However, the Synapse's Shock proc is the only proc outside of MTX sets that has both a proc and enhancement values on it, and that's something special. Now, they could make the Power Transfer proc non-unique, and I think that would be fine. But they could also put an enhancement value on it in addition to the proc, to help shore up one of Power Transfer's weaker numbers, and make it worthy of being unique.

31 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I don't see any reason for the Power Transfer proc to be unique, as-is. However, the Synapse's Shock proc is the only proc outside of MTX sets that has both a proc and enhancement values on it, and that's something special. Now, they could make the Power Transfer proc non-unique, and I think that would be fine. But they could also put an enhancement value on it in addition to the proc, to help shore up one of Power Transfer's weaker numbers, and make it worthy of being unique.

I believe Synapse Shock is not a proc. It's like Gift of the Ancients:+Run Speed. It is a half enhancement (26.5% end mod), and half 1 piece set bonus (+15% to movement speed).

Edit: others like that are the LotG +Recharge, and Steadfast Protection:+Def

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

26 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Were you thinking of EndMod or Recharge? Because really, if I slotted the proc it would be to get the 7.5% recharge set bonus, which is likely only that high because the proc is unique.

12 hours ago, Vooded said:

Does 100% slow resistance negate the movement and recharge penalty of Granite armor?

If so, electric melee + 5x this set solves most of Granite's downsides. Still can't jump though. And as stated, the damage enhancement value is not that good.

Granite's movement and recharge penalties are flagged as unresisted so slow resistance will have no effect on them. You need to counteract them directly with movement/recharge buffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 hours ago, Bopper said:

I believe Synapse Shock is not a proc. It's like Gift of the Ancients:+Run Speed. It is a half enhancement (26.5% end mod), and half 1 piece set bonus (+15% to movement speed).

Edit: others like that are the LotG +Recharge, and Steadfast Protection:+Def

You're right, those two are not MTX IOs. Technically they also aren't procs.

Look at the two of us, we can't keep procs and globals straight

Edited by Vanden

On 2/25/2020 at 4:34 PM, The Curator said:

The lack of Endurance Reduction is an intentional downside to balance the set bonuses being all pretty good. If that hole is filled, the set bonuses need to come down a little; 6.25% recharge > 5% recharge for sure. The 9% accuracy can be changed to 2.5% damage or 2.5% endurance discount.

If this is the case, then don't touch Bombardment, please. It's pretty amazing as is, would be a shame to lose that. I suspected the stats were supposed to offset the bonuses, and that's fine. Some builds will be perfectly fine with it, and others won't be, either way, it won't be a dead set, and that ranged defense is going to be amazing for a lot of people.

Edited by ScarySai

Regarding bombardment, I started thinking it might be preferable to have the recharge bonus at 5%, and increase the enhancement values somewhat.

My rationale is that most ranged and ranged AoE sets generally have 6.25% as a recharge bonus. This would increase variety and facilitate recharge stacking on ranged characters.

Then again, maybe 6.25% was chosen by design to prevent excessive, easy recharge stacking. Or to prevent conflict with melee and PBAoE sets, which generally have 5% recharge.

Either way, I think it will be a great set.

25 minutes ago, Vooded said:

Regarding bombardment, I started thinking it might be preferable to have the recharge bonus at 5%, and increase the enhancement values somewhat.

My rationale is that most ranged and ranged AoE sets generally have 6.25% as a recharge bonus. This would increase variety and facilitate recharge stacking on ranged characters.

Then again, maybe 6.25% was chosen by design to prevent excessive, easy recharge stacking. Or to prevent conflict with melee and PBAoE sets, which generally have 5% recharge.

Either way, I think it will be a great set.

That's pretty much exactly what is in The Curator's post at the bottom of the first page, which I gave my wholehearted approval to.

8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

That's pretty much exactly what is in The Curator's post at the bottom of the first page, which I gave my wholehearted approval to.

You're right. Must have missed it. I like that version better.

I think we we're coming at it from different angles: you for the enhancement values, and me for the recharge stacking. 

But either would be great!

On 2/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, Vea said:

RE: UNIQUE: Chance to Heal Self (2 PPM) Power Transfer

This looks to be similar to that of the Call of the Sandman proc which feels underwhelming. I have it in Frozen Aura on a scrapper and even when saturated around mobs it still isn't a sufficient heal. A +absorb proc similar to that in the Tanker ATO would be my preferred option, as this would allow for the proc to be more useful on an initial attack or at full health.  A respite inspiration restores 25% of HP where as the Call of the Sandman proc is 5% of base hp, feels like a disparity here. (Note i've not tested this in the Beta yet, some initial thoughts and will update this if proven otherwise).

Generally procs in AoE toggles tend to be a little underwhelming because of the 10 second tick rate. Once you factor the radius into the PPM calculations what you get is generally somewhere in the neighbourhood of a 5-10% chance to proc every 10 seconds on each mob.

In any case, there's a possible bug not sure if it is intended or not but the Power Transfer heal seems to scale based on the enemy' conning, so it heals more when they are below yourself and heal less when you're deep in the purple patch. Was noticing this when I had it slotted in Consume at least.

Edited by 10kVolts

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

5 hours ago, 10kVolts said:

Generally procs in AoE toggles tend to be a little underwhelming because of the 10 second tick rate. Once you factor the radius into the PPM calculations what you get is generally somewhere in the neighbourhood of a 5-10% chance to proc every 10 seconds on each mob.

In any case, there's a possible bug not sure if it is intended or not but the Power Transfer heal seems to scale based on the enemy' conning, so it heals more when they are below yourself and heal less when you're deep in the purple patch. Was noticing this when I had it slotted in Consume at least.

Frozen aura is effectively footstomp for ice melee not a toggle (20 sec recharge time so should proc pretty frequently. 

I can confirm that you correct with the heal, it does scale based on enemy level. My results of the testing are below:

60.91 against +4 (effectively +3 with level shift) - 3.25% of base tanker health

74.96 against +3 (effectively +2 with level shift)  - 4% of base tanker health

84.33 against +2 (effectively +1 with level shift) - 4.5% of base tanker health

93.7 against +1 (effectively even level with level shift) - 5% of base tanker health

104.01 against even level (effectively -1 with level shift) -  5.5% of base tanker health

In comparison to call of the sandman proc, which always healed 66.93 on a level 50+1 scrapper (which is 5% of base).

As for overall usefulness, I feel like this proc would only be useful in long recharge AoE attacks or +end powers such as Consume, Dark Consumption and Energy Absorption. It worked really well on a tankers dark consumption, with a proc build it managed to heal me >10 times per mob.

If we compare this proc to the superior absorb proc, which I believe is 15% of max hp (not max hp of the AT). I would feel that this would benefit from those who have slotted for +hp, it would also benefit from ST end attacks such as Transference and most ST elec attacks. 

Overall i'm a little on the fence from this proc. I can see me using it as is only providing I have a long recharge +end power. I would like the scaling be fixed because 3.25% vs 5% seems drastic, especially because I think you are more likely going to need against +4 mobs.

EDIT: Can't seem to get it to fire off in heat loss either, not sure why. 

Edited by Vea

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

5 hours ago, Vea said:

EDIT: Can't seem to get it to fire off in heat loss either, not sure why. 

Heat Loss's direct power used by the character is not an End Drain power, it's a Pet Summons power. It summons a pseudo pet at the target mob's location. This pet then throws out AoE -End/+Recovery debuffs and buffs, so it's probably benefitting itself from the proc that you thought would help you 😛

I do wonder, though, because I thought that Heat Loss fired once directly on the target and the caster, which makes it usable at range, and the pet is used just for the "near the target" AoE effects. So I would think that the proc should fire once at 90% chance when Heat Loss is used, though not more than once since the initial cast is treated as a single-target power rather than an AoE.

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

So I would think that the proc should fire once at 90% chance when Heat Loss is used, though not more than once since the initial cast is treated as a single-target power rather than an AoE.

I knew the power was a bit funky with the pseudo pet, but thought the 90% chance in the single-target power element would at least fire off. Disappointed either way!

@Vea/@Vae/@Vew - You can call me V.

Ah, I see....

image.png.09bb1e8edc864d4493f05439d3d67702.png

This all that it does. So the +Recovery AoE effect around the caster is not true AoE effect, but it's created by summoning a pet at the caster's location. Since neither the effect at the user (Self) or at the target (Target) do anything to Endurance or Recovery, the proc has no reason to be called. It's only the summoned "Heat_Loss" entities who actually do the endurance work who might affect themselves with the proc, but that doesn't help the character who is activating the power.

Can I please just ask to NOT change the Ranged defense on Bombardment (as in keep it the way it is)? 

Ranged defense already is harder to come by, I really would not appreciate any changes to Bombardment other than maybe the Endurance one suggested earlier (not an endurance bonus, just an endurance enhancement). Bombardment is a fairly needed set for Blasters, Sentinels, Corruptors, Dominators and Defenders for its ranged defense. I would not appreciate someone slighting the bonus off easily. There are not many ways to raise AOE defense (besides Winter-O's), nor is it that beneficial to them...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 33053222 said:

Can I please just ask to NOT change the Ranged defense on Bombardment (as in keep it the way it is)? 

Ranged defense already is harder to come by, I really would not appreciate any changes to Bombardment other than maybe the Endurance one suggested earlier (not an endurance bonus, just an endurance enhancement). Bombardment is a fairly needed set for Blasters, Sentinels, Corruptors, Dominators and Defenders for its ranged defense. I would not appreciate someone slighting the bonus off easily. There are not many ways to raise AOE defense (besides Winter-O's), nor is it that beneficial to them...

Agreed! Please keep the ranged def as is.

Is Bombardment unique? If not I think you may want to rethink the bonuses. That specific combination of bonuses is quite extreme. I think the Recharge needs to go, personally, altho it hurts me to say it. There are very few sets outside of Purples that have both a lot of Recharge and also a lot of Defense. 

The way this set is currently, it is actually better than the Purple Armageddon set. I can't get Ranged defense from Armageddon. With this set I lose a little Recharge and Accuracy vs Arma but gain +Range (very hard to get elsewhere), S/L Resist, decent +Recharge, and the best Ranged defense offered outside of a Purple (and most Purples don't offer Ranged defense, just a few oddball ones like Coercive Persuasion).