General Feedback: Issue 26, Page 5 - Release Candidates

• City Council
Just now, Derek Icelord said:

Minor note: Artillery is still listed as Shrapnel in the built-in freebies menu (and thus doesn't work). You can still enter the commands manually.

@r0y any chance you can update this?

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• Lead Game Master
2 minutes ago, r0y said:

It's Artillery in the latest (and one prior) version.  Not sure what @Derek Icelord is referring to.  Also, what is the "built-in" freebies menu?  Is that the one I'm editing or something else?

BETA ONLY: Freebies Menu

• @GM NobleKangaroo's freebies menu is now built into the beta client and can be easily accessed from the quickchat menu:

image.png.a862436a38e2ed21896f6c7d3a9c229b.png

• Thanks 1

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

I just hopped on the Beta server to check the version. It says it is the version from March 9th. The badge / accolade stuff is definitely in there but I didn't check the versions of the new enhancements.

And the freebie version of Artillery worked fine for me just now.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Ah that explains why mine is up to date then.

Edit: I moved the latest version of the freebies menu out of the menu folder and I see the correct built-in version now. I don't see any of the new enhancements sets in the list, though.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

22 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

If you have a manually downloaded version it will overwrite the built in one. You’ll need to delete it.

My bad for not giving it a different internal name 🙂

Yeah, I didn't see an old (Shrapnel) version when I looked just now.  I still like the compact version (and I can move it to the upper-left of my screen/interface for better cascading).  Still, the included one seems to be all there (of course, mine might be over-writing it, as @Jimmy mentioned).

OK, so I renamed my latest to remove it (temporarily), restarted the beta client and see there's a 20200323.01 version from GM NobleKangaroo...  it doesn't have any of the new sets, I don't see either Shrapnel nor Artillery.  I like the idea of adding Mission Complete and creating the macro's (which is good if it's included in the chat-pop menu).

OK, the "AUTO ENHANCE" thing is interesting.  Great for people who want just IO's/SO's (the sets are too basic for me, but great that you can do this!).

Want to replace the Set sections with the ones I did, please have at it, and take it back @GM NobleKangaroo.  The only addition I was going to try to do is remove the "Get 10" option, instead of 1-3-5-10, I'd do 1-2-3-5 for sets, as I usually use 2-3 sets, and the 5 is the max one can have anyway, so 10 is useless for set IO's.  Keep it as is for the regular IO's, though.

Edited by r0y
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyx Nought Nothing said:

The Leadership Pool powers have had their activation times reduced, but the patch notes make no mention of the VEAT equivalents unless i somehow missed it. Does this mean that VEAT leadership powers still have the old activation times or were they already using the shorter times?

91% sure they already used far superior activation times.

• Jimmy changed the title to General Feedback: Issue 26, Page 5 - Release Candidates
  • Jimmy unpinned this topic

I'm guessing this is an artifact of copying from Live to Staging, but I'll put this here for @Jimmy just in case there's a bigger issue.  Steps taken:

1) Character copied from Indomitable to Staging (Shadow)

2) Character server transferred to Reflection without even logging in.

3) Logged in and this happened to my radio mission.

image.png.0dc73e26968d7aee29c3a9dd185ab50e.png

Mission was completely empty.  When I flew into the final room I got the victory fanfare and this:

image.png.4b60139fbb61435d4aa1234be1540252.png

No lasting ill effects.  This seems like a non-issue/instant-defer kind of deal.  If anyone at HC disagrees, let me know and I'll try to repro and file a proper bug report.

• City Council
2 hours ago, Replacement said:

I'm guessing this is an artifact of copying from Live to Staging, but I'll put this here for @Jimmy just in case there's a bigger issue.  Steps taken:

Mission was completely empty.  When I flew into the final room I got the victory fanfare and this:

No lasting ill effects.  This seems like a non-issue/instant-defer kind of deal.  If anyone at HC disagrees, let me know and I'll try to repro and file a proper bug report.

Was it a radio mission?

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

4 hours ago, Replacement said:

I decided to test to see if I could replicate this.  I logged in on live servers, picked a Talos radio mission, copied the character to Shadow, transferred to Reflection and then logged in to run the mission.  I suspected it was possible that only a specific group might have the problem, so I stuck to Talos and chose different factions for each of the characters I copied.

A level 24 "Defeat Bronze and Guards" Warrior's mission had no issues.

A level 29 "Defeat Officer Bell" Sky Raiders mission had no issues.

A level 28 "Defeat Operative Lecter and Guards" Arachnos mission HAD THE ISSUE.

I repeated another copy of the same character to Shadow and tried the mission there and also had the issue.  So it's not the transfer that causes the problem, it's the copy or the server.

I'll try paper missions, different level ranges and an Arachnos non-paper/radio in the level 25-29 range and see what happens.

Edited by csr
  • Thanks 1

A level 24 "Defeat Operative Sark and Guards" Arachnos radio in Talos HAD THE ISSUE.

A level 28 "Defeat Operative Iago and Guards" Arachnos radio in Independence Port also HAD THE ISSUE.

A level 33 "Defeat Operative Greench and Guards" Arachnos radio in Founder's Falls HAD THE ISSUE.

I had trouble finding red-side Arachnos missions in the level 25-29 range without extensive play, so I tried the "Zag Breakout!" arc Flashabck , did the mail run to get the "Steal Ultra Jammer from Aeon lab" Arachnos mission and then transferred the toon.  The transfer kicked the toon out of his Flashback arc, so I couldn't learn anything here.  I'll give some thought to other things to test related to Arachnos red-side and non-radio, and check other factions, when I get a chance.

[Edit:]

I did two more tests.

I started the Mender Silos TF with an Incarnate hero then transferred him and the first mission was properly populated with Arachnos.

The 2nd test was with a level 25 Villain having a level 20 "Defeat all Arachnos personnel" mission set at +4 from Willy Wheeler.  After transfer this mission was also properly populated.

[Edit 2:]

Oh, I also tested getting a new Arachnos "Get the OTTO MCRC-E" radio on Shadow in Talos using a level 28 toon.  It was properly populated with Arachnos.  And then I took a "Defeat Operative Whorfin and Guards" radio and it was also properly populated.

Edited by csr

• City Council

@csr That bug has existed as long as radio missions; the villlaingroup that populates them is stored as an index into the villaingroups list, and whenever a villaingroup is added, it is highly likely to end up pointing to the wrong one. So it's not a new bug introduced by Page 5, but rather a very old one that resurfaces every time there's a patch that defines a new villaingroup.

1 hour ago, Faultline said:

@csr That bug has existed as long as radio missions; the villlaingroup that populates them is stored as an index into the villaingroups list, and whenever a villaingroup is added, it is highly likely to end up pointing to the wrong one. So it's not a new bug introduced by Page 5, but rather a very old one that resurfaces every time there's a patch that defines a new villaingroup.

It's interesting that it only seems to affect radio/paper missions.  It also makes me wonder what new villain group is in Page 5.  Whatever it is seems to possess no members, as the missions aren't populated with the wrong group, but with nothing at all.

11 hours ago, csr said:

It's interesting that it only seems to affect radio/paper missions.  It also makes me wonder what new villain group is in Page 5.  Whatever it is seems to possess no members, as the missions aren't populated with the wrong group, but with nothing at all.

I'm gonna go with the new pseudopets?

• Jimmy locked this topic