Page 6 guesses

0th Power

Do we want real guesses or silly guesses?

Real guess: TW redesign (we can call it a nerf, but i bet we'llsee damage replaced with differentbuffs or debuffs), one of the remaining Origin pools (utility belt probably), Dark Melee re-introducing AoE tweaks with Dark Consumption, Power Boost/Up getting flagged to ignore buffs, and a sweep of power cleanups (like Tanker melee attacks still having a radius when Gauntlet was changed).

Edit (follow on):

I expect a bunch of simple bug fixes. Things like Scrapper's Savage Melee not having a critical hit effect attached to Shred, and how Stalker's Savage Melee has silly dumb effects on Hemorrhage (resulting in tons of unintended damage).

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

If they're working on melee sets as seems to be hinted, I'm still kinda hoping that they'll try making Rage not suck again (and/or just port the set to Scrappers in a way that doesn't balance the set around a power that kills the fun factor).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

If they're working on melee sets as seems to be hinted, I'm still kinda hoping that they'll try making Rage not suck again (and/or just port the set to Scrappers in a way that doesn't balance the set around a power that kills the fun factor).

I've never understood why Rage is considered to suck. 

My Inv/SS tanker is only lvl 32, and it's got upwards of 90% uptime for him.  Not too shabby for a constant +80% damage power. 

And it's got a 10 second window where I should conserve my power and not attack.  10 seconds is over pretty quick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MTeague said:

My Inv/SS tanker is only lvl 32, and it's got upwards of 90% uptime for him.  Not too shabby for a constant +80% damage power. 

And it's got a 10 second window where I should conserve my power and not attack.  10 seconds is over pretty quick. 

Yeah I'm with ya, but I see how first perception that rage sucks, it requires strategy to work around, but in the end its powerful if you mitigate the crash correctly.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Because it's not fun to just stand around.  There's nothing really strategic about Rage.  You play the game for a couple minutes, then alt-tab to do something else until the crash wears off.

If it were on a support AT or something where there could actually be some benefit to changing from "offensive" to "defensive" play? Sure.  But on ATs where attacking is all they do, it just encourages going afk.

It also doesn't help that the reason they pulled the buff was because people just were whining it wasn't OP enough, essentially.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Regen will be  getting buffed. No changes to the powers but all sound effects now done by Michael Winslow.

• Like 7

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Mastermind customization, hopefully. I'd like to see something similar to what the Thunderspy server has but more properly implemented.

Or hopefully some content in Kallisti Wharf. That'd be fun, too. These are more hopes than guesses, I suppose.

Edited by Blaze Moon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would settle for a lot of bug fixes rather than new powersets. For instance, the sonic blast alternative animations taking much longer to animate than their original versions; means they're pretty much unusable. 

I would love to see some feedback on some balance changes on less powerful sets, which are universally considered to need help. For example we had a massive thread in the Controller forums about changes to Mind Control to give it a bit more AoE control early on. 

Assault Rifle which I personally enjoy very much could maybe do with a few tweaks.

Some of these sets wouldn't need massive changes to make them more balanced. Even the infamous regen, if it just a little bit more resistance as well as healing (which I think goes nicely with the concept of shrugging of damage) then it wouldn't be so bad. 

To be honest anything the devs could do I would be immensively grateful. Theres a few easy wins out there when it comes to balancing sets which I think would be greatly received and less work than an entire new set. 

• Like 2

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

16 hours ago, MTeague said:

Whatever they add, I'd like it to be balanced.  It should have a distinct flavor and feel, but please no more "Bigger Better Faster" syndrome.

Yeah..."Bigger, Better, Faster" is not really a thing on Homecoming.  Here, things are rolled live after extensive testing, and if that testing reveals that there is much more to implementing a new feature right than they thought, they don't roll it out.  The content might not come out as quickly, or often as some might prefer.  But, typically it's done right, and if there is an issue with it, it's fixed ASAP.  That is just the way it works here.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 2

What was no more, is REBORN!

16 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Because it's not fun to just stand around.  There's nothing really strategic about Rage.  You play the game for a couple minutes, then alt-tab to do something else until the crash wears off.

If it were on a support AT or something where there could actually be some benefit to changing from "offensive" to "defensive" play? Sure.  But on ATs where attacking is all they do, it just encourages going afk.

It also doesn't help that the reason they pulled the buff was because people just were whining it wasn't OP enough, essentially.

Never felt the need to go afk (especially for 10 seconds). I don't even pay attention to the crash. I just keep doing what I'm doing, and it seems to work out all right. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1