Remove/recreate purple caves

JayboH

Perhaps I've missed this elsewhere, surely I am not alone in my dislike of these things. 

Unlike some, I don't mind other cave maps.  It's those terribly cramped blue/purple caves especially with the cake room.  Please, at least remove them from possible radio missions.

• Like 3

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

If you're arguing for the removal/rework of the blue caves, then you should be advocating for the same thing to be done for the brown caves and the Council base maps, too -- the brown caves are just a recolor of the blue caves, and the Council bases are redressed versions of the blue caves. This is a huge rework of the maps.

8 hours ago, JayboH said:

Perhaps I've missed this elsewhere, surely I am not alone in my dislike of these things. 

Unlike some, I don't mind other cave maps.  It's those terribly cramped blue/purple caves especially with the cake room.  Please, at least remove them from possible radio missions.

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

If you're arguing for the removal/rework of the blue caves, then you should be advocating for the same thing to be done for the brown caves and the Council base maps, too -- the brown caves are just a recolor of the blue caves, and the Council bases are redressed versions of the blue caves. This is a huge rework of the maps.

I've never seen the 7 layer burrito room on any other map but blurple caves. Maybe a red side thing? I don't get over there much.

• Haha 1

Yes the blue caves can be a pain to navigate but I think they look great and variety is the spice of life. My biggest complaint with them is how diffuse the spawns are. You end up with one group of enemies scattered over most of a room with los blocking terrain in the middle so getting them all together is a pain. That coupled with the ranged preference of the kind of enemy that tends to spawn cave maps creates significant frustration. If the mobs could be tightened up then I think much of the hate for blue caves might go away.

It is true that the code that governs when enemies show up on the map could help out a lot more than it does. There are a million and one little nooks and crannies for enemies to hide in and the restriction that means you have to have only members of a single spawn left to see them is needlessly strict. Blue caves would benefit enormously from the enemies being easier to find but many other map types would too.

I find the brown caves on the villain side to be wider & not as twisty as the blue ones heroside.

My gripe with the blue caves isn't how narrow or twisty-windy they are, it's the holes in the floor of the 5 tier pancake room.

I always forget to alter my camera angle so I can spot the holes in the floor until after I've fallen through onto some CoT's head (usually the boss).

36 minutes ago, Replacement said:

I've never seen the 7 layer burrito room on any other map but blurple caves. Maybe a red side thing? I don't get over there much.

The Council redress of the layer-cake room is the pool room. For a little bit of extra annoyance, I discovered on Homecoming, having never found it back on Live, that there's an accessible area under  the lower level of the pool room, where the -- of course -- last mob in that room was hiding.

7 hours ago, srmalloy said:

There are some caves I don't mind, namely the really wide huge ones that aren't so claustrophobic

17 hours ago, JayboH said:

Sorry, I cannot support this.

No vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought back in the day there was discussion of redoing all the cave missions to look like the newer sewers or the caves used in the underground  Trial.  
I recall the complaints of masterminds and cramp quarters.. ETC.. 

6 minutes ago, plainguy said:

I thought back in the day there was discussion of redoing all the cave missions to look like the newer sewers or the caves used in the underground  Trial.  
I recall the complaints of masterminds and cramp quarters.. ETC.. 

Yeah I do not understand how there is people here that really want things to not improve.

7 hours ago, Six Six said:

I like caves

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

I like turtles too.

I'm a no vote for turtles.  But a yes vote for tortoises...

Unless they are snapping turtles...No one says no to a snapping turtle.

• Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting