Can someone explain this?

Zalkenai

Is this just market manipulation that I don't understand?  I was trying to figure out what was going on, because I kept seeing numbers in these ranges.

So I threw up a few at 4,111,111 and they sold for 4.2  Is someone picking them up for those prices and relisting to get 11-15M?

image.png.7301a972b1997b4a4078262b8a4b4181.png

Sorry, that was not very useful, and I see you have a low post count so I'll go into more detail.  The AH has a long outstanding bug with some (but far from all) items where the "Last 5" trades is completely false.  I'm not sure if it is erroneously listing a different item, or if there is just some strange bleed through, but some items have a particularly buggy listing.  Miracle procs are probably the most visible of them.

What makes it worse is that the bug isn't there all the time, at least not for Miracles at least.  The devs are aware of it, but I've never seen a statement about the reason why it occurs or what, if anything, they are planning to do about it.

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

13 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Sorry, that was not very useful, and I see you have a low post count so I'll go into more detail.  The AH has a long outstanding bug with some (but far from all) items where the "Last 5" trades is completely false.  I'm not sure if it is erroneously listing a different item, or if there is just some strange bleed through, but some items have a particularly buggy listing.  Miracle procs are probably the most visible of them.

What makes it worse is that the bug isn't there all the time, at least not for Miracles at least.  The devs are aware of it, but I've never seen a statement about the reason why it occurs or what, if anything, they are planning to do about it.

Thanks, I had heard of it, and simply don't see it that often.

There's a thread about it in the Bug Reports if you are interested. It documents some other examples and possible explanations.

this just got me to give some very lucky person 9m for a 1m performance shifter chance end recipe, which was basically all i had

so it'd be nice if the ui didn't completely lie to you, i guess (presumably something to do with ghosting of set io's + attunement, but a -really- horrendous bug)

at the time ye, it's also @Nayru

and now that i've been paying a lot more attention, the market really does seem crazy glitchy with prices on last 5, on virtually everything set io related

edit in retrospect: if pay attention to say miracle +recovery, you can see when it randomly has a 12m buy on it as if someone was tricked into paying panacea proc price for it

v-- poster below (and above) is karmic justice 10fold ;-;

Edited by Nayru
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nayru said:

at the time ye, it's also @Nayru

and now that i've been paying a lot more attention, the market really does seem crazy glitchy with prices on last 5, on virtually everything set io related

v-- poster below (and above) is karmic justice 10fold ;-;

Nayru took me up on my 20mm giveaway!

• Thanks 1

Who run Bartertown?

certainly never how i expected things to go, thought i was down two days' worth of bombing the market with IO25s and that was that

i barely even use any of this inf on myself, mostly got into crafting and whatnot to be able to spam 25's (and 15's since we just flop about from mission to mission rather than do xp farms) for the bunch of friends i brought with me, so i certainly appreciate the surprisingly widespread generosity from bigmoney friends here very much

• Like 1

Most of us were around when Influence was very tough to come by on Live and we remember what it was like.  It is nice to help out folks who are just getting started.  

Side story:

My daughter was dating this guy that she was very serious about.  He was still in college and struggling financially.  He needed a book for a class and he had used all of his funds on his other books.  He freaked out when we bought it for him.  Fast forward a few months and he needed a decent suit to go job hunting.  We helped him out with that as well.  You would have thought we gave him a few million dollars.  I'm not rich by any means, but I like to help out where I can, it's called being a decent person.  They have been married for four years now and I have my first grandson.  🙂

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

He needed a book for a class and he had used all of his funds on his other books.  He freaked out when we bought it for him.  Fast forward a few months and he needed a decent suit to go job hunting.  We helped him out with that as well.  

Ur a Hero!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This bug is why when buying IOs I always start a bid at 500,000 and then go up 500,000 until I purchase it.  I've seen this more and more recently and it can be annoying especially when trying to gauge how much to list an IO for.  I've started listing most enh for 5 mil and then if it doesn't sell by the next time I log in I start lowering the price until it does.  Obviously I've gotten to know a few of them that I know won't sell ever for more than 1 or 2 mil.  Those I usually just sell the recipe and don't bother crafting.  Here's to hoping at some point one of the code warriors will find and fix this annoyance.

Either I missed the down cycle, or the display bug on this has been in effect for a particularly long period, at least longer than average.

For reference:

False reading:

image.png.3d8939e3bccc4748ba763d3359c0c69e.png

True reading:

image.png.6508b18ba70fa4fe14de72f75effc8e7.png

I find it SUPER ironic that the high trades on the real deal are people trying to lowball where they see the false prices.

Who run Bartertown?

• 1 month later

I've noticed this effect.  Didn't know it was a bug (COH has bugs?  Whoda thunk!)

Being less than savvy on the market and AH, I thought it was listings where someone was storing their items in the market and attaching outrageous prices to prevent purchase (If they want to pay THAT much for it, then they can have it!)

Now I know.

• 1 month later
On 10/28/2020 at 3:19 PM, AsbestosBill said:

I wonder if the bug is simply that it shows the 5 highest list prices rather than the 5 most recent successful bids.

I believe it has been conclusively demonstrated that the 'bug' is that the AH query to the database of objects (stored in the AH) is hitting another object that is also stored in the same database. You are seeing real data, just for a different object.

14 minutes ago, tidge said:

I believe it has been conclusively demonstrated that the 'bug' is that the AH query to the database of objects (stored in the AH) is hitting another object that is also stored in the same database. You are seeing real data, just for a different object.

I'm not sure that is conclusive, or at least I'm not convinced that it is hitting another object in the CoH AH database.  For example, I've occasionally tried to find the object that replicates the Miracle+ when it is bugging, and I've not been successful.  And I *think* I've looked at every item in the AH.

Maybe there is bleed through to another task that the AH server hosted in Canada is performing?

Who run Bartertown?

• 1 month later

My guess is that it may be related to the adjustments that were made to the Auction House to allow for it to work with such a small population. For instance, if you put a non-attuned Luck of the Gambler in the market, it may sell as it is, or it may sell as attuned. Rare Salvage can sell as any other piece of equally rare salvage. I think this may be contributing to the systems glitched display of pricing and transactions since things can be sold as something other than what they are. I haven't got a clue how you would fix that, other than remove the adjustments, which would be very, very bad for the community at large.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

My guess is that it may be related to the adjustments that were made to the Auction House to allow for it to work with such a small population. For instance, if you put a non-attuned Luck of the Gambler in the market, it may sell as it is, or it may sell as attuned. Rare Salvage can sell as any other piece of equally rare salvage. I think this may be contributing to the systems glitched display of pricing and transactions since things can be sold as something other than what they are. I haven't got a clue how you would fix that, other than remove the adjustments, which would be very, very bad for the community at large.

That's a really good point, one I hadn't thought of.

Who run Bartertown?

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

This has been an issue since Live so I don't think this is the root cause.  It might be making it worse though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

This has been an issue since Live so I don't think this is the root cause.  It might be making it worse though.

'Beat me to it...

This is something that's been happening since the Live days, so, no... It's not related to the AH changes made by the SCoRE folks. It's much older, whatever the issue actually is. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice