Best Powers Against the Tsoo?

WhiteDwarf

I’m wanting to put together a character concept, and wanted to get input.  What power sets do you think are most well suited to fighting the Tsoo? For purposes of my concept, I’d like to make him a Dominator, but I’d be interested to hear if other achetypes are better suited.

Thanks!

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

Tsoo's power comes from their Lts that heal and their swarms of minions that debuff.

I find controllers/dominators work very well against them.  Hold or even better confuse the sorcerers. 

You didn't say teaming or solo.  But solo I would go with plant or electric controller or dominator.

• Like 2

Plant Control, Electric Control, or Darkness Control are all strong contenders.  They all have a Confuse, an assortment of Hard and/or Semi-Hard Controls on fairly short cooldowns, and generally perform fairly well.  

Thorny Assault would be good for the -Def if you need to try and get through some To-Hit Debuffs.  Psionic Assault's generally pretty strong all the time.  Martial Assault if you want to got thematic and throw some Shurikens and toss some Caltrops of your own.  I haven't delved very far with Radioactive Assault yet on my own, but I've found it pairs really well with Darkness Control for Cones and Cones and Cones.

• Like 1

Doms are great. I like mind. Or anything with a confuse.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Everyone else has already gone through the list for Dominator powersets, so I'll throw in the oddball AT just as an "if you haven't thought about it" situation: Fortunata. You get all of your holds and confuses (one single-target and one AoE of each), an AoE stun/nuke at 32, don't need perma-Dom for mez protection, have high positional defense with scaling resistances, and you have higher caps for hp and resistance if you're being buffed.

And with all of that said, if you want to play a Dominator - as you said - then the easiest sets are earlier in the thread, but any control primary with a good IO build should have little to worry about.

• Like 1

Tsoo are one of the best enemy options to fight with a Confuse power. Sorcerers are really annoying when they are against you, and great when they're on your side.

That generally means Dominators and Controllers, though you can also get a Confuse out of Fortunatas and from Psy Melee if you want a melee character.

• Like 1

any combination with mez resistance and ranged/dot.  hitting the sorceror with a dot and watching it tick him to zero just as he teleports is truly satisfying.  similarly ignoring ink man's mez and just shutting him down feels good.

Confuse is your friend for any annoying enemy.

I don;t know why it has such a bad rep in the game, it really can do wonders.

"Thanks for the force field, Mr. Engineer!"

• Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

4 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Confuse is your friend for any annoying enemy.

I don;t know why it has such a bad rep in the game, it really can do wonders.

"Thanks for the force field, Mr. Engineer!"

And those sappers so many fear.  You laugh at sappers as they try to drain their friends instead.

• Haha 1

If you can hold or stun sorcerers that's going to cover 90% of the problems.  Add knock protection versus Ancient Spirits, but that's available to all using IOs.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I've fought the Tsoo for many years, but I think my most satisfying combination was a Fire/Willpower sentinel. Status effect protection at level 10, and nice ranged blasts with DoT. I never used to like the Fire Blast set for blasters, due to the lack of a ranged hold or stun attack, but I've grown fond of it for sentinels.

Edited by Mirai