RIP Titan Weapons

Murcielago

On 9/25/2020 at 5:27 PM, ShardWarrior said:

I think it a bit premature to cry doom over this.  To be honest, I rolled one and I simply do not see what all the fuss is about.  It was painful to level and at 50 is so far out shined by faster sets, I just do not see where the appeal is personally.

It did not fit my playstyle at all either.   It does have some hard hitting attacks, if you are able to land them.  Too often all the mobs you hoped to decimate are dead by the time you got there.  It was 'overpowered' because of solid performance in doing things like soloing Rikti pylons, where you have a non-moving target and no teammates to defeat them before you even started.  I rolled one but shelved her after some time; the character never exemped well, and all the talk about nerfing TW did nothing to motivate me to play her.  All the numeric 'evidence' that 'TW is OP' ignores the awkward feel, humungous endurance costs,  and poor match to the pace of the game.   If the nerf goes live her likely fate is to be stripped of set IOs and sent to a seldom visited server. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

11 hours ago, Heraclea said:

It did not fit my playstyle at all either.   It does have some hard hitting attacks, if you are able to land them.  Too often all the mobs you hoped to decimate are dead by the time you got there.  It was 'overpowered' because of solid performance in doing things like soloing Rikti pylons, where you have a non-moving target and no teammates to defeat them before you even started.  I rolled one but shelved her after some time; the character never exemped well, and all the talk about nerfing TW did nothing to motivate me to play her.  All the numeric 'evidence' that 'TW is OP' ignores the awkward feel, humungous endurance costs,  and poor match to the pace of the game.   If the nerf goes live her likely fate is to be stripped of set IOs and sent to a seldom visited server. 

Heraclea is exactly right.  I have a 50+ TW/Bio Scrapper that is amazingly fun to play.....solo.  I do have a hard time playing him on teams and speed TF's.  Leveling up was fun but a bit of a slog...even solo.  I slowly cranked up the team sizes and then difficulty as I leveled, again mostly solo, but it was start up, smash like crazy (as long as I can hit), and then try to finish off any stragglers if I had any blue bar left.  Now fully IO'ed and 50+, solo & farming is truly amazing.  Groups bounce, orange numbers fly, AV & GM's fall.  If you can get into a good team that let's you get ahead and start on the next group while clean up is done on the current group, then TW works wonders.  If you are on a steamrolling team, it will be hard to really feel like you are part of it until you can get to an EB or AV.   But that is my opinion/experience so YMMV.

I will see how the changes will impact my TW, but as Heraclea says, if it becomes something I don't enjoy playing anymore, then odds are he will be stripped down and either re-rolled or put out to pasture.  I hope that this will not be the case. 

• Like 2

Water Damage - Water/Ice Blaster

Atom Bum -  Rad/Fire Brute
Abyssal - Titan Weapon/Bio Scrapper
Razer's Edge - Katana/Bio Brute

Ways to address balancing TW:

Playability 📈

OP'ness 📉

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

The game started at 50 for my TW, and so far it's got the best feel for soloing. The key for me was to get the rotation fast enough to essentially have perma-momentum. It is a solo beast. It's tanked an STF, and I managed to solo Khan with it (among other things). It's far more fun right now for me to solo it vs. the ill/rad I'm working on. To be fair, I haven't put as much effort into my ill/rad just yet -- which just solo'd the TV Rikti respec. 

It is horrible for nearly all group content, though. Only places I'd take it would be ITF or STF/MLTF. I have other alts made for team content.

RE: end problems: a non-issue once you run ageless or similar incarnate ability

11 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Playability 📈

OP'ness 📉

As I mentioned in my previous post, solo playability is great! It's even manageable exemplar'd solo. It has its own niche IMO. 

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Playability 📈

OP'ness 📉

is it truly TW unless you're nearly worthless in any speedy TFs/steamroll missions and an unstoppable death machine everywhere else though

On 9/25/2020 at 10:25 PM, DreadShinobi said:

Power // W/out momentum // With momentum

Def Sweep           2.2s    // 1s         

Crushing Blow     2s      // 1.2s

Titan Sweep         2.43s // 1s

Follow Through   *        // 1s

Rend Armor         2.3s  //  1.3s

Whirling Smash   *       //   1s

Arc of Des.           2.7s  //   1.5s

Wait a minute. I did not know that Momentum also cut down the cast time. I play a TW brute for a while and it never seemed to make a difference. I guess I just did not notice it. Now I might have to go revive it. Just in time for the nerf, of course.

2 hours ago, VV said:

Wait a minute. I did not know that Momentum also cut down the cast time. I play a TW brute for a while and it never seemed to make a difference. I guess I just did not notice it. Now I might have to go revive it. Just in time for the nerf, of course.

dont worry, tons of people actually dont even know how to play a TW :

Here a "veteran" TW "tanker"...

omg.PNG.d96806e81deadee3c339cfa4af4fbc19.PNG

Vous souhaitez rejoindre un canal de discussion 100% Français ?

Vous souhaitez faire des TF Chill ou 4 étoiles avec des Francophones de tout pays ?

Vous souhaitez avoir accès à la meilleure base de données avec les meilleurs builds et ressources en Français ?

"La lune Bleue" est le canal de discussion qu'il vous faut !

N'attendez plus ! Contactez nous en jeu, ou notre Discord  https://discord.gg/GwTeNMrz6z

I've read back in the thread and now am sure I'd like to invest in my TW/Energy Brute.  No idea why I picked energy, and while I know any set can be viable, I just hope it is not especially challenging with which to work.  Even with nerfs, I'm sure it will be fun.

Id love to have him be an uber general play toon for solo and team.  I would happily put up a build for critique, mids still not an option for me.  It'd be great if anyone had a build to post.  I certainly don't mind spending the extra infl, so expensive is fine.

Thanks tons in advance!

- Tech

On 10/2/2020 at 6:23 PM, Tsuko said:

dont worry, tons of people actually dont even know how to play a TW :

Here a "veteran" TW "tanker"...

omg.PNG.d96806e81deadee3c339cfa4af4fbc19.PNG

That's just painful.

The Titan Weapon powers are so powerful why the hell would you not have most/all of them? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

why's that? Mac user?

Yes.  I’ve had it partially running, but it looks like it’s back in the works. 

I’ll check this out and see if it helps, thanks tons. 

Edited by Techulon

I've just started playing a TW Brute.  He has the big concrete club.  Yes, it looks silly, but it also looks comic-booky which is fine with me.  I only run him solo.  If I want to play teams I take a different character.  I'm not a min-maxer.  I don't farm.  I just play the missions because I enjoy them.  I don't know where TW rates as compared to other power sets and I don't care.  I play Titan Weapons and CoH purely because it's fun.  Yeah, I'm weird that way.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Ratso said:

Yeah, I'm weird that way.  

absolutly not, you re as 90% of the player base 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vous souhaitez faire des TF Chill ou 4 étoiles avec des Francophones de tout pays ?

Vous souhaitez avoir accès à la meilleure base de données avec les meilleurs builds et ressources en Français ?

N'attendez plus ! Contactez nous en jeu, ou notre Discord  https://discord.gg/GwTeNMrz6z

On 9/29/2020 at 11:53 PM, Heraclea said:

With some good luck I rolled TW/Ninjitsu and getting the +End power at 16 means it's pretty good down to Posi, and excels at top-end stuff. Haven't tried another DFB with it though.

My playstyle:

• Run in, invisible, for insta-crits and big lols
  • On teams, always Alpha, never Omega.  Never bother with the last mob. When there's only 2 critters left I go look for more.
  • Try to find my own badguy to beat up. If anyone else is fighting something, I go fight something else.
  • On BAF don't even try to chase the escaping prisoners. Just stand in the crowd and fire off my single ranged PPP attack.
  • On Apex and similar, don't even bother clicking an attack if a purple patch is starting to appear.
  • I took the Incarnate power that adds Chance to Immobilize so that things I attack are likely to stick around. Didn't need additional damage.
  • Make lots of funny chat binds so I have something to do while waiting for Momentum

I don't think TW is so OP it deserves a nerf. Otherwise it'll be another half-turd like Energy Melee that had a glory day that it tries to relive with a slick haircut and Camaro and the other sets secretly sniggle at it. Homecoming should buff the duds before nerfing popular sets.

That said, although it's one of my oldest Homecoming toons, it isn't my highest vet level. That's my Shield/Stone tank. Or maybe my Fire/Time Blaster.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Like 1

485430376_tenor(11).gif.5bf8ac6c020662d43424997fb7325eee.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1