Focused Feedback: Energy Melee Revamp

Jimmy

Just now, Lines said:

You did try the TF > ET combo, @Solarverse?

way ahead of you...look up. Still prefer the original sound effect, but I can fix that myself.  🙂  Yeah, I took back everything I said.

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

Maybe I am going off at the deep end here

306152047_tenor(6).gif.6f63a3c05d21800c113f844e0dc53f0a.gif

No need to jump my friend, you never have to see that animation if you play it right.

Having said that, even if you did see it the set is a net gain over how EM was on live.

Play it objectively and you will see this once you get experience with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Solarverse said:

way ahead of you...look up. Still prefer the original sound effect, but I can fix that myself.  🙂  Yeah, I took back everything I said.

I honestly wouldn't go that far. Unless you DO TF then ET, you're still stuck with the ludicrous animation.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bill Z Bubba said:

How would one get "spare focus?"

I should've added that this was on a scrapper.  Crits on TF get two foci instead of one, if I remember the patch notes right.

For a tank / brute, I'm guessing you're looking at TF\ET\BS\EP\Bar.  I'd need Mids or the focus to spreadsheet the thing to figure out if that's tighter than what you're running.

• Like 2

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

1 minute ago, Infinitum said:

What AT, and did the focused attack miss?

Just now, skoryy said:

I should've added that this was on a scrapper.  Crits on TF get two foci instead of one, if I remember the patch notes right

Ah yeah, that's what it is. I see it now.

3 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Always read the patch notes. 😉

• Haha 3

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

I honestly wouldn't go that far. Unless you DO TF then ET, you're still stuck with the ludicrous animation.

Trust me, I will NEVER be using ET before TF...I hate that animation that damn much.

I have however noticed that the quick animation version is not timing right. The damage hits long after the thrust forward. It misses the mark by about .75 seconds.

2 minutes ago, skoryy said:

I should've added that this was on a scrapper.  Crits on TF get two foci instead of one, if I remember the patch notes right.

Slot critical strikes in WH and lead with that in large spawns, you will get double focus a lot more that way.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Solarverse said:

Trust me, I will NEVER be using ET before TF...I hate that animation that damn much.

I have however noticed that the quick animation version is not timing right. The damage hits long after the thrust forward. It misses the mark by about .75 seconds.

Aye, @Vandenmentioned that FX issues early. Would definitely like to see those fixed if possible before go-live.

• Like 1

Aye, @Vandenmentioned that FX issues early. Would definitely like to see those fixed if possible before go-live.

And this is why I love @Vanden  🙂

Edited by Solarverse

14 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Can anyone tighten up this chain?

TF\ET-short\BS\EP\ET-long\repeat Needs 261% total recharge in ET and 209% total in TF.

Looks like TF\ET-short\BS\EP\Bar is doable with 289% total rec in TF

Are you just wanting to remove the Slow ET? I think it still has better DPA than the other attacks, so including it is not a bad idea.

But if you want to mix things up:

TF / EP / ET(fast) / BS / EP

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And when I'm soloing pylons/avs/gms/etc ? No, thanks.

Yep, well soloing those you should just roll a stalker anyway, no other AT will out do EM on it.

But for mission killing the tactic I mentioned is solid for Scrappers.

In ST stalkers are >* when it comes to EM.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 2

Just now, ScarySai said:

I'd probably put the proc in ET, if I were to make a scrapper version. Whirling seems like an odd choice to me.

In mobs it increases your chance to crit TF.

If you are going for normal gameplay its the optimal slot for it.

It drops once you get down to ST sure, but in mob saturation the chance id say is around 70-80% for a TF Crit, maybe higher.

4 minutes ago, ThunderCAP said:

Energy melee was a simple set, now it's complicated and also lost its chain-freedom.

You're free to ignore Energy Focus and still enjoy buffs such as stronger Energy Punch and Whirling Hands, faster Total Focus and Bone Smasher, and Power Crash.

• Like 5

Same thing with stalker - slot chance to hide in AS and lead TF with the fast AS and you will have a high crit chance on TF for double focus more often.  Slot chance for BU in EP and rotate it 3 times in yiur chain and you will have double by often too.

This strategy is how i got a 1:11 on a pylon, with agility as my alpha, and body mastery as my epic - not optimized for dmg.

I average 1:40 not really trying hard.

You could do some pylon fu with Moonbeam and such and I'd imagine it would go a lot fast ET.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 1