One Wish Granted (COV/COH) (WWYW2021)

Troo

If you could have one game related thing fixed, added, tweaked or changed.. What Would You Wish?

Many would likely appreciate the game being live vs limbo.

Thinking more market pricing bug fix, base building tools, missing costume piece, new power set, npc power randomizer, vehicle travel powers, in game voice option, non weapon options for stone melee..

Honestly mine change from time to time but since I just mentioned this with someone:

Ranged Heavy Weapons (rockets, missiles, gatling gun)

I'm hear to listen to your wishes and hand out likes.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I got a wish list that would make Santa cry.  "Breaktimes are cancelled elves!"

But I think adding more costume options would rule.  Because as much as I would like to be able to earn extra enhancer slots by badges, veteran, etc, or have enhancement conversion not be a all day click fest, or be able to see in a MSR, I think more costumes would feed this alt hungry community more.

I would love to see more lower body options...centaur, spider, floating mists (think CoT spectres) that Freakshow with a missing lower body and some mechanized floaty disc in its place from the new Doc Buzzsaw arc... I would love to see more giant head options that are the size of brain in a jar.  round ones, cones, cylinders.  and about X100 other ideas lol.  More faces added that can have the vampire glowing eye affect (bonus points if the color is controlled separate from the neck cover!  I could go on...

I think costumes would have to be it.  After Brain in a jar and a few of the other spectacular late game pieces came out (floating skull....) I had hundreds of alts I tried those on.

Yes, one thing?  Yet more costumes.  

Edited by Snarky

under the category of careful what you wish for:   player created AE maps, select city street maps and select drop, villain locations or at least more more more 🙂

Edited by duane
Clarify

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

I would just like for Electric Armor's Grounded power to be fixed.  As it is now, it's entirely superfluous and only good for a "free" Aegis: +5% Psionic resistance IO enhancement slot.  I still have to slot for 10+ points of knockback protection and take Combat Jumping for immobilization protection after taking Grounded.

Grounded needs an additional four points of Immobilization protection, +1000% knockback resistance, and to keep knockback protection and immobilization protection while off of the ground.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I would just like for Electric Armor's Grounded power to be fixed.  As it is now, it's entirely superfluous and only good for a "free" Aegis: +5% Psionic resistance IO enhancement slot.  I still have to slot for 10+ points of knockback protection and take Combat Jumping for immobilization protection after taking Grounded.

Grounded needs an additional four points of Immobilization protection, +1000% knockback resistance, and to keep knockback protection and immobilization protection while off of the ground.

I would go 'further' off the ground.  Lightning leaps from thousands of feet up to strike the earth as it 'grounds' after all.  Not a scientist, would love to see the power to distance numbers on the math relationship of the physics of electricity grounding after passing through air.  But just for game purposes the power does suck as is, and a tweak would be nice.

• Like 1

I can’t decide between the following two things. I really would like both things to happen (yes, I know the second technically is two things by itself). 

- Piercing Rounds reworked into a snipe/fast snipe for dual pistols. 
-Energy Aura and Regen ported to tankers

Well, it's really "pie in the sky" kind of wishing, but I'd be wishing all ignored and under-utilized zones would receive the "Faultline" treatment, in hopes that they become desirable locations to level again, preferably for incarnate-level activity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

I can’t decide between the following two things. I really would like both things to happen (yes, I know the second technically is two things by itself). 

- Piercing Rounds reworked into a snipe/fast snipe for dual pistols. 
-Energy Aura and Regen ported to tankers

Ugh.  Dual Pistols not having a snipe attack is one of the main reasons why I love it.  I have Dual Pistols on about a half dozen characters.  If they gained a snipe attack, I'd probably reroll them all to something else.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Ugh.  Dual Pistols not having a snipe attack is one of the main reasons why I love it.  I have Dual Pistols on about a half dozen characters.  If they gained a snipe attack, I'd probably reroll them all to something else.

To each their own. Dual pistols is my favorite blast set, but the painfully slow animation of piercing rounds and lack of snipe has been what I have always wanted reworked. It would make me make even more dual pistols characters. 

That said, I think you are safe. I very highly doubt the devs would make that change. So no need to worry 😉

One thing?

. . . 

Fuck.   Hard to choose just one.

Customization is key, so it would undoubtedly relate to that.

But would it be . . . 

Henchpet Customization?
A /costume_ignore command?
Complete animation customization for Powers?
Unlocking all NPC costume pieces by some means?
Complete gender parity of all costume pieces and animations?

Hmm . . . 

Probably that last one, since it offers the most benefit for everyone, but the second one grants the community the ever-important tool to personally address problematic player-made content of the form of undesired costumes.

It's also late at night for me right now, so I could easily be forgetting some ideas.

On a greedier note, I'd want an overhaul of all content to rewrite away the nasty second-person narrative structure that strips away player agency, and provide text that's more inclusive to the broad variety of characters which players actually have.  But there are players who prefer the current style of being told a story, so I acknowledge this particular wish is a more selfish one.

My one wish would be for contacts to never become unavailable until after you've played all of their content. Once you've out leveled it then entering the mission would SK you down to the max level of the mission, much like TF's do.

That way I could play all of the content without having to deal with Ouroboros. Especially since not all story arcs are in there.

• Like 10

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

more lower body options...centaur, spider, floating mists (think CoT spectres)

Don't forget lower-half snake bodies!  I know they're of limited use, but I'd kill for one of those.

If anything, I think I'd go for more content, more TFs, stories put into the under-utilized, off-the-beaten-track maps.  I know that sort of thing takes a lot of time to write, implement and test etc. but it also seems a lot more achievable for a group of fans than, say costume parts (although more of those too).

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Expanded aura options. More separate limb options. Maybe I want a firey right leg. Why shouldn't I be able to have flies only around my head? Also, an afterimage aura would be really cool.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Remove -def from the Rage crash.

• Like 4

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

6 hours ago, Techwright said:

Well, it's really "pie in the sky" kind of wishing, but I'd be wishing all ignored and under-utilized zones would receive the "Faultline" treatment, in hopes that they become desirable locations to level again, preferably for incarnate-level activity.

I wholeheartedly second this.  Boomtown and Crey's Folly need a storyline. I wish a 50 could run radio missions in each zone with different choices of villains. 

• Like 2

Here is another one. I wish that your origin was more involved in the animations of your powers. So that if you are a Tech or Science toon, when you choose Flight, it looked differently than the Magic or Mutation toon. Also, there should have been an Alien origin. Sonic Blast could look and sound differently depending origin. It could still be customizable but a default look or feel would be there for most powers. Simply put, more power customization that took that into account.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Turric said:

Here is another one. I wish that your origin was more involved in the animations of your powers. So that if you are a Tech or Science toon, when you choose Flight, it looked differently than the Magic or Mutation toon.

... but you know what would happen... people would ask for the animations to be available on the other archetypes in the name of "Freedom".

Freedom = meaningless choices.

I know that won't be a popular statement, but let me give you an example;

I was watching a video where Woodenpotatoes was explaining why naming your pet as a Ranger in WoW was more meaningful than doing so as a GW2 Ranger - it's because you can only rename the pet once.

Sometimes, limitations are really important. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Herotu said:

... but you know what would happen... people would ask for the animations to be available on the other archetypes in the name of "Freedom".

I am ok with this too. I was suggesting a default position. But honestly, there doesn't need to be a default. Simply more choices. I want a Sonic Blaster that can choose between a backpack sonic device, a banshee scream, a rifle that shoots sonic waves and a mystical device that chimes sound waves. Etc, etc. Not all power sets would qualify for this (broadsword maneuvers do not qualify, just the look of the broadsword). But a technology Ice corruptor who uses an ice gun versus throwing icicles from your fist...

• Like 3

Neck costume pieces:

Necklaces

Dog Tags

Bandanas

Scarves

Amulets

• Like 5

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

• Customization (or just more options) for MM Pets.   I've never been able to make a mastermind because every single set has something I that sets off my OCD-senses.
  • Minimal FX option for every power.
  • More endgame TFs.... and/or just make every TF have a level 50+ version.
  • Add level 54 Elite Bosses with interesting mechanics to every endgame enemy group, so if you choose to fight at level 54 you'll get regular EBs spawned.
  • And something personally specific... make an Opaque version of the at "Brain Tank" costume head piece. 

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Rebalance of XP/inf/droprate given per mob on a case-by-case basis, according to their difficulty.

For true pie-in-the-sky dream, add an automatic weekly rebalance based on what content the playerbase is running as a whole. i.e. if 1 billion council mobs have been killed this week and only 1 million rularuu, rularuu rewards would increase.

Rationale? This would give incentive to experience all the content. With some dynamic aspect to what content you're going to run on any particular day, too. The introduction of weekly TFs was IMHO the best feature of the game. To this day you can see it's a powerful motivator to get people to run that content, without harmstringing other activities either. So I would go further in that direction.

• Like 5