How much cash inf do you have on your account?

How much cash inf do you have on your account?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how much?

• Under 10mm -- I'll send you an ingame email right away!
    • 10mm to 100mm
    • 100mm to 1bn
    • 1bn to 10bn
    • 10bn to 100bn
    • Over 100bn -- I'm swimming in it!

On 4/4/2021 at 9:50 AM, MrAxe said:

I remember when 8 million was a lot. I have around 100mil which clearly isn't a lot considering the poll lol.

It's all relative.  Back in the day, when the game was live, I was teaming with someone and they hit 50 with their first character on Infinity.  They said they were going to move some inf over from Freedom to do their build.  I asked how much that would be.  They said they had a total of 100 million on Freedom, so would bring over about half.  I opened a trading window and offered them 100 million inf.

They asked, "Are you sure?"
"I'm sure.  That's 5% of what I have just on this character."

On 4/4/2021 at 9:59 AM, Andreah said:

I keep a spreadsheet list of my characters and storage means, and classify assets as cash (actual inf currently on a character)

Back in the day, I had a spreadsheet of my characters with how much inf each one had.  This wasn't so I could get the money when I needed it.  It was so I would see which characters had room to hold more.

Back then, I farmed PvP recipes, worked the AH, had a fire/kin controller and engaged in pretty much every method to generate funds.

Of course, back then, this was the only online game I played.  When it shut down, I branched out and now I play a bunch of different games so I don't spend so much time raising pointless amounts of money in this one.  My total inf across all characters now is somewhere between 500 and 750 million just from playing.  I also have close to 30,000 reward merits so I don't spend inf on a lot of things.

"But if you used the merits to get converters and sold those, you would save inf."

"Why should I even bother with that extra step when I have tens of thousands of merits?"

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

4 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

"But if you used the merits to get converters and sold those, you would save inf."

If you convert those merits to inf, you'll need to find space to store it all. Merits won't drop in value, keep 'em.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andreah said:

Merits won't drop in value, keep 'em.

Unfortunately - we have no idea if this statement is true. A reward merit could drop or rise in value at the whim of the HC dev team at any time. Remember invention salvage got seeded? I had a lot of rare salvage to pull off the AH. Not a big deal now, but it demonstrated to me that nothing is set in stone and to not put all the influence eggs in one basket. 

Right now, 1 reward merit = 3 converters. 

Back on live, if memory serves, it was closer to 10 reward merits for one converter.  The converter is by far, the most useful of currencies in my mind. It can turn trash into gold and make a poor player rich very quickly.

But there is something to be said for keeping the merits for hard times, because you can keep them, or convert to hero merits. I don't know for sure the cap on hero (or villain) merits, but you can certainly store more reward merits by converting to hero/villain merits. Though, I'd much prefer an account based bank system so my characters can withdraw (or deposit) from the family account. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Unfortunately - we have no idea if this statement is true. A reward merit could drop or rise in value at the whim of the HC dev team at any time

Fair statement.

11 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Though, I'd much prefer an account based bank system so my characters can withdraw (or deposit) from the family account. 

It would be very cool to have a separate account-wide salvage/recipe/enhancements windows.

24 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Right now, 1 reward merit = 3 converters. 

Back on live, if memory serves, it was closer to 10 reward merits for one converter.  The converter is by far, the most useful of currencies in my mind. It can turn trash into gold and make a poor player rich very quickly.

Plus, you had to pay a conversion fee of 250k inf in order to swap those merits for a converter.  I really wish HC would tone back their generosity with converters, since really it's only benefiting me and other ebils.

11 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Fair statement.

It would be very cool to have a separate account-wide salvage/recipe/enhancements windows.

I'm against this in principle, since I personally think it makes things too easy.  But then again, we have the Character Items account-wide pool.  It might be interesting if there was some mechanism to move items to the Character Items pool without buying packs.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

It might be interesting if there was some mechanism to move items to the Character Items pool without buying packs.

Or to send stacks of certain things in regular character to character emails.

On 4/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, Luminara said:

Haven't got a clue.  I know I have roughly 50 million on the character I'm levelling right now, but beyond that, I haven't been keeping track.  The low market prices and ease of acquiring inf* have alleviated any pressure to collect it.  If I need it, it's a few converter rolls away, so I don't pay attention to it.

I'm the same.  I play my 50s enough that when I do have a new alt, I can generally just mail myself what I need from whatever 50 is the richest at the time.   But I generally don't do anything intentional to earn influence. 

I have somewhere in the range of 300M-500M inf and probably 10,000+ unspent reward merits.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Somewhere around 4 billion. I have extreme alt-itis and I have a farmer to feed the affliction. I also give quite a bit away to little toons, generally at 20 million clips. There is somewhere around half a billion sitting in my email at all times, also in 20 million clips, so I can use or give away on any toon on my account.

The level of wealth of the average poster goes some way to explain the building preferences / game opinions I often see expressed on these forums.

Very interesting thread. Would be curious to see what the in-game results are for the entire playerbase.

Edited by America's Angel
  • Like 3

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

I dunno, maybe ranging from 8 mill to 250 mill depending on the character?  It's literally not important to me.  I just need my peeps to be able to get by and I have fun. And I periodically spend time writing in the AE, which is a big part of playing the game for me, but that doesn't earn you anything apart from a few tickets if I'm lucky enough to have players find my stuff. But everyone has their own niche.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Just under 2.5bn currently.  It was spread all over the place across 106 characters but I moved the bulk of it over to two of my 'mains' recently so I am able to actually answer this accurately.  I had recently made it a project for a day to log into every character and email what they had to a main.  What surprised me is that I had several characters sitting on large amounts that I didn't even remember had it.  Talk about finding five bucks in your pants pocket. 

What this thread makes me think about even more is...  How many billions have I spent building characters?  That number is MUCH MUCH higher.  Also, how many I/O's do I have stored in the SG and what would that add up to?  

I wonder if in real life billionaires loose track of their money and find 200 mill here 450 mill there...  must be nice.

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

1 hour ago, BlackHearted said:

After reading this I Have decided to start handing out inf for CCs etc more often. I didn't realize how poor everyone was.

That's just because we don't have to spend time being ebil now, we're comfortable enough as it is!

On the other hand, if uh, you're looking to like just dump some Inf away...  I mean, I'm not stupid...

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I have around 7b.  I bought alot of winter packs and am now buying up rogue and hero packs.  I stopped marketing about 4 months ago and have been just playing.  Now I am bored with playing and I am  farming again.  Getting ready to hit the market soon.  I expect to get above 20b.  Once I hit 20b I think I'll have a giveaway.  Like maybe giveaway 10bn in 50m or 100m blocks.  Maybe give away complete ATO sets.

9 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

Terio Um GIF - Terio Um GIFs

image.thumb.png.c211c138a9bb02c2b97022a6a0ba7826.png

The current inventory of approximately one of my three general IO Set storage bases.

What do we estimate this at in terms of Inf?

The value of this is what you could sell it for; i.e., mark to market: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark-to-market_accounting

However, if you tried to sell it all at once, it would either take weeks or crash prices for many of these. The LotG market could probably handle the volume, but most of the rest of these sell for peanuts if you tried to liquidate fast. 

Unless you made these from recipes and used catalysts to attune them, in which case I'd estimate the value is probably negative on the whole.

The real value in this, which I think you chose this course around, is you can support your alting habit with them.

10 hours ago, America's Angel said:

The level of wealth of the average poster goes some way to explain the building preferences / game opinions I often see expressed on these forums.

I think it is both directions. Those with hardly any inf at any given time are surprised there are so many with multiple billions, and those with a lot of billions not realizing there are quite a few people who either never gained much inf, or constantly have spent most of it.

4 hours ago, BlackHearted said:

After reading this I Have decided to start handing out inf for CCs etc more often. I didn't realize how poor everyone was.

I give money away in-game. I also try to give advice to people on how to at least not lose their shirts in Wentworth's shopping sprees; otherwise I give 100m away, and 80m comes back.

13 hours ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

What do we estimate this at in terms of Inf?

Much of that doesn’t sell for a very high price, so maybe 70-80 million as-is. If you’re sitting on some converters and time, some of that could be flipped into worthwhile sets for better margin.

8 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

What this thread makes me think about even more is...  How many billions have I spent building characters?

See I am much more the type of player who invests influence into holdings instead of liquid funds. Much as like in life, physical properties hold more intrinsic value, and many of my characters I’ve been able to build with little Inf investment by capitalizing on drops and conversion. The gross worth of all my “holdings” is rather ridiculous compared to what I’ve actually “earned” traditionally.

4 hours ago, Andreah said:

I give money away in-game.

I’ve given away Inf, and given away enhancements, and even when comparatively lower in gifted value, one or two enhancements always seem to be more welcomed. I suppose maybe just on principle that it becomes immediate pay off to fixing their build, but I just find it to be a far more rewarding experience for both parties to send off an email containing those “last few pieces” they’re looking for rather than a chunk of inf.

Even though I don't have billions laying around, I really can't consider myself "poor" by any stretch of the imagination. I've just never been much for stockpiling INF just to see a big number... I plow the majority of what I make right back into my crew's builds, or into my IO stash for future projects.

Not all of my "finished" 50s have super high-end UberL33t builds (Those are reserved for a handful of favorites and my farmers- 😝 ), but they are all in what I would call at least Solid mid-range territory. Depending on their AT and what I have to buy vs what I already have in the stash, that usually represents somewhere around a 200-300m investment in each of them. Multiply that by a crew of 60 and you're looking at something like 15+ billion without even getting into what's in storage or free-floating as raw INF...

'Not bad for a humble farmer, and certainly "enough" when it comes to meeting my own needs... even though it's laughable compared to what the high-end marketeers could find under their couch cushions. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I have a total of around.... 2.5 billion, give or take? Most (1.5b) is on my main, with my 2nd richest character holding onto about 750m, iirc. I have a few e-mails with "starter cash" attachments of 25m each, and most of my other alts tend to hold onto a few million at a time... I'm in the process of dumping a lot into a new farmer/power leveler, but I haven't gone far enough in to make it bear fruit yet.

In addition (I know the topic was "just inf", but since the discussion seems to have mutated to include other things), I too have several thousand reward merits spread across my characters and a base full of IOs and ATOs that can I use, convert, or liquidate as needed.

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:
5 hours ago, Andreah said:

I give money away in-game.

I’ve given away Inf, and given away enhancements, and even when comparatively lower in gifted value, one or two enhancements always seem to be more welcomed. I suppose maybe just on principle that it becomes immediate pay off to fixing their build, but I just find it to be a far more rewarding experience for both parties to send off an email containing those “last few pieces” they’re looking for rather than a chunk of inf.

I hear you, and if I know what they need, I can often do that too. But often it's someone, likely new, in /help asking abstractly how to get enough inf to upgrade their store-boughts, and after we finish giving them advice, I get their global, send them a few million, suggest they look over the p2w vendor for useful things too, and ask them to pay it forward some day.

I don't know how much I have. I'm guessing around 400 million. I have one kitted out Elec/Psi Dominator who is vet level 102 or something and actually has the Winters Gift sets and the like. A few perma Doms that aren't full kits. One mostly kitted Stalker. One semi-kitted fire farmer, just enough to not making farming annoying, but I don't bring him out too often.

I never end up finishing builds. Around the time when I get to where I might consider filling in the final pieces, it always seems better to send items to a different character.

I do have an absurd number of merits, including Emp Merits because I rarely spend them.