What's the best blaster for soloing past lv50 in your opinion?

JORGE MARRTIN

Ice epic is excelent with ice blast respectable with good single target and cantankerous but good aoe. Still and while ice blast can be fun it still falls short of other sets. Ice defense is very meh. check the below and what i posted to explain in a nearby thread

Amentii.mxd

Any Blaster sufficiently capable of killing things before they kill you is good solo at 50+.  Of course, some do it better than others, for example my Archery/Energy usually has much a faster means of killing large groups compared to my Sonic/Ninja, but the Sonic/Ninja tends to last longer in extended fights with access to a number of useful tools that help manage and control mobs.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

My only complaint with Archery/TA is the damage type.

Ice/Ice has been a long time favorite of mine. I've played it as a purely ranged blaster hopping around the fight positioning and using my tools to control the battle since early live and I still enjoy it.

I think both are a mindset thing allowing them to be successful for me which is probably the real key to murderlizing things gud.

I have a Fire/Martial Combat/Fire that was a joy leveling up and then to take on Trials. Couple of months ago I got interested in running Speedies with a group and discovered the combo held up damn well. I respec'd based on observations from the speed runs and other Fire Blasters on the team and now his performance is a minor bit better. For speed tactics I dropped Rain of Fire, but for general content running, Bonfire + Rain of Fire is a very potent combination; would occasionally run +4/x8 Council teams that did not require a Tank/Meat-shield so long as I could lead with Bonfire.

Alternatively, I have a Water/Dark/Scorpion Blaster that has been tons of fun and is looking like its going to take over for my #1 go-to character for just about everything. Tidal Force + Soul Drain + Geyser = lolwutmob?

But, as has already been said above, the Blaster you know the best can, and will, survive damn near anything you put it up against; the only thing holding you, or anyone, back is budget for an optimized build. Plenty of times I've seen optimized builds (min/max) fall short in survivability 'against' someone who's play-style is more tactical.

Certain tools thay make soloing on higher difficulties as a blaster easier, more smooth, or more comfortable are available to you regardless of your primary/secondary choice. These are base buffs, accolades, temp powers, p2w amplifiers, insps, and incarnate choices. With all the tools above adapted to your playstyle, most any blaster can solo easily.

• Like 3

Currently on fire.

I’m a total Blastaholic and I gotta say my strongest/favorite blaster is my Water/Fire/Ice.  I have 9 level 50 blasters and this one by far is my “Ol’ Reliable”.

She has Ranged/S/L/E/N capped on defense and has enough AoE to take on waves of mobs.  Water is great for ranged AoE while Fire has you covered in melee.  Jump right into a pack of enemies and everything goes in seconds!  Clever IO slotting can also add some KD to your attacks for some soft control.  Also, a great tool for additional survival is Dehydrate and Cauterizing Aura.  Alone, the heals over time they provide is meh but when combined it really is noticeable.

I go to this blaster for pretty much anything.  Solo or team play as she provides a good variety as well as being able to play lower level content with relative ease.  I’d highly recommend.  Would do business again.

Edited by Tacopotamus

It depends really on what you’re going to want to be doing Solo. 

If you’re wanting to do >x4, then primaries with solid AoE soft controls would likely be best, such as Dark Blast or Water Blast. Then pair that with one of the more survivable secondaries such as /Ice or /Temp. 

If you’re wanting to just run through content at <x4 you’re probably better off with the stronger single target damage sets like Fire Blast or Ice Blast, and pair it with a good self buffing set like /Energy. 

From my own personal experience, my Fire/NRG is great solo. He can handle x8, but it’s just a bit messy without any soft controls at all. On the other hand, he can Solo any AV in the game in about 3 mins or less, so he’s got that powerful feel to him. 

But ultimately, any blaster built well these days can solo better than fine. 

• Like 1

This is:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Proven: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flares -- Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg(3), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(A)
Level 2: Fire Ball -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(3), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(5), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 4: Aging Touch -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 6: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(15), Ksm-ToHit+(15), Rct-ResDam%(37), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), BlsoftheZ-Travel(43)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(45), GssSynFr--ToHit(45)
Level 12: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 16: End of Time -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 18: Blaze -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(19), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(40), Prv-Heal(40), Prv-Absorb%(42)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39), RedFrt-Def(39)
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(27), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Inferno -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(33), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(46)
Level 41: Time Shift -- SphIns-%ToHit(A), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SphIns-ToHitDeb(43), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(45), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(46), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Boxing -- Stp-KB%(A)
Level 47: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Weave -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- HO:Nucle(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), Pnc-Heal/+End(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 50: Clarion Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Pyronic Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
------------

On 4/21/2021 at 6:43 PM, huang3721 said:

The best blaster for soloing level 50+ is the one you have used on missions and arcs since level 1. 

I know what you're trying to say, and that you mean well, but I really hate these nothing kind of responses. Yes, sometimes the questions are silly, but if all you have to contribute to a thread is something like this or 'the best blaster for any situation is the one you like to see go pew pew the best!' then maybe just not post.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 4/30/2021 at 6:25 AM, starjs said:

Yes, sometimes the questions are silly,

The question was simple, but it wasn't silly. The OP wanted to know the best blaster to solo level 50+ contents. Since OP didn't elaborate on what he considered as the best, I gave him general advice. After all, any blaster can do those contents. Also, if this thread is any indication, everyone picks different powers while claiming their pick as the best build. Therefore, every selection can be the best build as long as the player knows how to play it right.

Don't hate my answer for stating the truth. People tend to overlook simple things. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later

I have an ice/temp/ice and Elec/Temp/Force that are both 50% ranged defense and all ranged.  Basically a hover stalker.  on an outdoor map it is a turkey shoot.  in tunnelks more strategy is required, but barely.  Both run serious fire support for outdoor +4/x8 farms (that dont have flyers)  Just lethal to the mobs and strikes before tanks brutes grab agro wiping whole spawns except for EBs.  From range.

My all-time favorite solo toon, up to and past 50, is my ice/ice/ice blaster.  As others noted, she does mad damage and has some really good holds/mitigation.  I did all the blueside mishes via Ouro on live and am working my way through them all (blue, red, gold) here on HC.  So so fun!  Sure, there are times you have to do more than run in and start blasting (or leading with your aoe's), but that's part of the fun.  Do you need to drop your ice patch in a doorway, then pull the minions away from the AV, so they flop around on your ice patch and make a great fish in barrel situation for your Blizzard?  Do it.  Even if you don't need to, do it.  For the fun.  :P 

Another fun solo build at any level is an MM. People can wrangle about which is best for them and why, but you almost can't go wrong.  I like demon/dark or kin and beast/nature best for soloing, but again, just about MM combo is good for soloing.  Just make sure you can keep your beasties alive, so your secondary needs to work with them well for soloing incarnate and 54 content.

• Like 1