Secondary for Mercs

I've got a level 47 Mercs / Electric that's reasonably enjoyable, but was wondering if there's a better secondary to use.   Any suggestions?

(And yes, I recognize that Mercs are lackluster to start with.)

Traps, probably, especially if solo.  Ranged henchmen benefit the most from the static nature of traps, the FFG plugs their weak defences and the debuffs help with damage.

I found, to me surprise, Mercs/Force Field very enjoyable. You an your men are well protected, Repulsion Field keeps everyone away and because you aren't using much Endurance for anything else, you take the primary attacks and just join in the dakakakakakaka!  Yeah, OK, its neither efficient or subtle, but it's oddly satisfying.

• Like 2

I find Mercs/Storm to be a solid combo. With all the KD (With the use of the Sudden Acceleration IO), the build is very survivable. It's overpowered vs anything with little to no KB protection which seems like 90% of the enemies. Keep Gale on auto and go to town.

Storm also really helps Merc's low dps. Arguably moreso than other MM primaries. Gale, Freezing Rain and Tornado can slot -resist debuff procs. This in turn helps Mercs and all the damage procs they can equip.

• Like 1

/Nature is good for them.    It has pbaoe hold to minimize incoming damage.  Entangling Aura is almost cheating.    It has a cone heal and also a hp absorb and resists.  It offers +damage for them also.      Nature is easy mode.  

/Time is nice also.  

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Mack008 said:

I've got a level 47 Mercs / Electric that's reasonably enjoyable, but was wondering if there's a better secondary to use.   Any suggestions?

(And yes, I recognize that Mercs are lackluster to start with.)

Mercs/Thermal or Mercs/Dark

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1