Accuracy is crap.

Squeegle

So, I've been working on a beam rifle/bio sentinel. With TWO accuracy SOs AND Tactics I have less than a 50% accuracy during combat. It cannot hit white level mobs consistently.

While playing my Water/Martial Arts blaster that has RED DOs and does not have tactics (missions set currently at +2)....I can hit ANYTHING.

• Haha 1

The most likely explanations are that you're exaggerating or you got an extreme run of bad luck on one character and good luck on the other. Either way, no one is going to believe you without combat log screenshots or a video or whatever. People have been complaining about accuracy in this game since it launched, but every time someone has looked at the actual code, it has turned out to be working as intended.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

We can actually perform math with real numbers to determine the chance to hit NPCs of different levels under different scenarios.  This is why you're going to get a bunch of snarky answers... because you're 2 scenarios just don't match the math.

But even simpler, if you want to see the real numbers, you can look at the combat log to see the actual hit rolls and chance to hit.   You can also monitor last hit chance in your combat attributes. 

The maximum chance to hit something is capped at 95%.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

2 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I seem to recall that one of the devs said that they were rejiggering accuracy so that it only worked for players who "really want it."

That must be my problem.  I missed the 'I Really Want It' option.  I'll have to make sure I check that box (and sacrifice a chicken).

I have noticed my RNG rolls tend to be higher the the MOB's RNG rolls.  And I've seen multiple times a single power rolling over 95 consecutively, but with several other rolls in between - it's just 1 power that seems to roll high.

5 minutes ago, Squeegle said:

meh, deleting the sentinel since it can barely complete a mission its own level while the blaster mows through stuff +2 its level with a handicap.

accuracy is crap.

I'm not sure if you are serious, but I'm going out on a limb that you must have been fighting something that debuffed accuracy if you were missing that badly. Tsoo with their Hurricanes or CoT ghosties or whatever. Sentinels have their problems but accuracy isn't one of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Squeegle said:

meh, deleting the sentinel since it can barely complete a mission its own level while the blaster mows through stuff +2 its level with a handicap.

accuracy is crap.

To be fair, you sound like you don't want to be convinced, you just want approval.  

Happy deletion, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Squeegle said:

So, I've been working on a beam rifle/bio sentinel. With TWO accuracy SOs AND Tactics I have less than a 50% accuracy during combat. It cannot hit white level mobs consistently.

While playing my Water/Martial Arts blaster that has RED DOs and does not have tactics (missions set currently at +2)....I can hit ANYTHING.

I unequivocally call horseshoes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, Squeegle said:

Diantane....? Is that you? 🧐

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Unfortunately you’ll never know the answer for why your accuracy was lower in your sentinel. Bearing in mind that accuracy for all players is the same and not reduced by AT, so that line of inquiry is a bit of a folly.

Most likely you were debuffed or enemies were buffed. You can actually check your accuracy % in the combat text. Whenever you use a power, and it tells you what your roll was. 

I came into this thread expecting an articulate debate as to why we should be able to reach 100% accuracy. I was disappointed 🤣

• Haha 3

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

3 hours ago, Squeegle said:

beam rifle/bio sentinel. With TWO accuracy SOs AND Tactics I have less than a 50% accuracy during combat. It cannot hit white level mobs consistently.

2x +0 Accuracy SOs plus unslotted Tactics puts all Beam Rifle attacks at 148.7% hit chance, except Disintegrate (which is at 155.8%) and Overcharge (198.3%), against +0 (white) critters.  You're over the cap against +3 critters (101.5%/106.3%/135.3%).  That's slightly above 50%, by my estimation.

That said, there is a flaw in how hit rolls work.  AoE attacks don't calculate hit rolls in concert with single-target attacks.  You can miss a critter with a single-target attack, then miss it with an AoE, then miss it again with a single-target attack, and so on.  Stick to single-target or AoE and that doesn't occur.

In the future, when you're having a problem, state the issue calmly and without exaggeration.  You'll find us to be a helpful and cordial lot if you follow that advice.  You'll find us to be less so with claims like this.  And I, personally, would appreciate it if you didn't give me a reason to give the mods a reason to slap my wrist.  I try to deny them that pleasure, just to torment them.

Edited by Luminara
Numerical correction
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 minute ago, Luminara said:

2x +0 Accuracy SOs plus unslotted Tactics puts all Beam Rifle attacks at 148.7% hit chance, except Disintegrate (which is at 155.8%) and Overcharge (198.3%), against +0 (white) critters.  You're over the cap against +4 critters (101.5%/106.3%/135.3%).  That's slightly above 50%, by my estimation.

That said, there is a flaw in how hit rolls work.  AoE attacks don't calculate hit rolls in concert with single-target attacks.  You can miss a critter with a single-target attack, then miss it with an AoE, then miss it again with a single-target attack, and so on.  Stick to single-target or AoE and that doesn't occur.

In the future, when you're having a problem, state the issue calmly and without exaggeration.  You'll find us to be a helpful and cordial lot if you follow that advice.  You'll find us to be less so with claims like this.  And I, personally, would appreciate it if you didn't give me a reason to give the mods a reason to slap my wrist.  I try to deny them that pleasure, just to torment them.

But, but...accuracy is crap.

• Haha 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.