Contest: Make Sonic Resonance Relevant!

Yomo Kimyata

I've tried to love Sonic Resonance for years, have run a few builds to 50, and yet it feels, well, terrible.  I'm having a really hard time finding a build where Sonic has synergies that are better than any of the alternatives.  So here's my challenge to you:  make me a build that uses Sonic Resonance as either a primary (defender) or secondary (controller, corruptor, mastermind) that uses the set in a way that has significant value added.  Give me a rationale for the primary and secondary sets (ex:  Drummer Boy is a mutant with sonic powers, who works for a paramilitary superhero organization and uses an assault rifle (so far, he's been my WORST lvl 50 as a Sonic/AR defender and is a unicorn according to the March 2020 stats)).

Bonus points for:

-- being solo play friendly.  This hints at something with a pet of some sort, but not necessarily.

-- using many or every power, especially the unused ones.  If you can come up with a powerful and creative strategy using Sonic Repulsion, I'd like to hear it, since NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE HAS EVER TAKEN AND USED THIS POWER.

-- Mids build strongly preferred but not required.

-- character backstory preferred but not required.

-- telling me why this build is better with Sonic than with almost any other alternative.

-- sonic/sonic defender or corruptor is not allowed.

Dazzle me.  Think outside the box, if there is an outside to this sad little box.  I'm thinking 2bn inf for the winner, and there will be participation trophies for all serious entries.

If you are able to make a second build that only has your mandatory first Sonic pick as the only sonic power, and it is arguably *superior* to your first build, (using pool and ancillary powers) I'm upping the prize to 5bn.

I'll keep this open until January 31, unless there is clearly no interest.

Happy hunting!

Who run Bartertown?

It's not going to dazzle anyone, but on the off-chance I am the only respondent, I present to you my melee-centric Sonic/Rad Corruptor, Sonic Counselor.

Theory is, the one-two punch of Choking Cloud and Oppressive Gloom would keep the crowd from outright beating me to death, allowing me to sneak in and smack the tar out of folks with Shout and the attacks out of the Fighting Pool; take all the -Res from Sonic and Rad, plus the reciprocal damage bonuses of the Fighting Pool attacks, plus the damage amp from Soul Drain, plus the damage spike from Amplify, PLUS the occasional bout of Scourge, add it all up, and, well... it works? 

Note that when I say 'it works' I mean that as in "it can smoke a Fake Nemesis before it gets PFF going" not "It's a 4/8 juggernaut! Scrappers, schmappers!"  That said, it IS pretty safe to solo with, provided you have Clarion/Break Free in your pocket. 

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Sonic Counselor: Level 50 Technology Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Sonic Attacks
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Shriek -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Apc-Dam%(50)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 2: Howl -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 4: Speed of Sound -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 8: Shout -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Amplify -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(13), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Radiation Infection -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(17), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Boxing -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(27)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(43)
Level 26: Screech -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), Lck-%Hold(31), GhsWdwEmb-EndRdx/Hold(31), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(34)
Level 30: Cross Punch -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 32: Dreadful Wail -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Dark Consumption -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(39)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Kick -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 49: EM Pulse -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3), SynSck-EndMod(3), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(19)
------------

• Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

42 minutes ago, roleki said:

It's not going to dazzle anyone, but on the off-chance I am the only respondent, I present to you my melee-centric Sonic/Rad Corruptor, Sonic Counselor.

Theory is, the one-two punch of Choking Cloud and Oppressive Gloom would keep the crowd from outright beating me to death, allowing me to sneak in and smack the tar out of folks with Shout and the attacks out of the Fighting Pool; take all the -Res from Sonic and Rad, plus the reciprocal damage bonuses of the Fighting Pool attacks, plus the damage amp from Soul Drain, plus the damage spike from Amplify, PLUS the occasional bout of Scourge, add it all up, and, well... it works? 

Note that when I say 'it works' I mean that as in "it can smoke a Fake Nemesis before it gets PFF going" not "It's a 4/8 juggernaut! Scrappers, schmappers!"  That said, it IS pretty safe to solo with, provided you have Clarion/Break Free in your pocket. 

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0

Sonic Counselor: Level 50 Technology Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Sonic Attacks
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Shriek -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50), Apc-Dam%(50)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(7), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(9), Prv-Absorb%(11)
Level 2: Howl -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 4: Speed of Sound -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 8: Shout -- SprScrBls-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprScrBls-Rchg/+End(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(27), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Amplify -- GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(A), GssSynFr--Build%(13), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Radiation Infection -- HO:Enzym(A), HO:Enzym(17), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(17)
Level 18: Boxing -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(39), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(39), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), GldArm-3defTpProc(27)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(43)
Level 26: Screech -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), Lck-%Hold(31), GhsWdwEmb-EndRdx/Hold(31), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(34)
Level 30: Cross Punch -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(36), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(37)
Level 32: Dreadful Wail -- SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-Stun(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Dark Consumption -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(39)
Level 41: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Kick -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Soul Drain -- Obl-Acc/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 49: EM Pulse -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Scourge 
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Pnc-Heal/+End(5)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3), SynSck-EndMod(3), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(19)
------------

Sonic Resonance. Not sonic blast...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I still stand by my Thugs/Sonic being a clever Mastermind concept but Sonic is just rife with too many skippable powers and underwhelming effects.  If you want to try it, go ahead.

The concept I run is that my character is the lead singer in a travelling crime fighting punk rock band (think of something like Josie and the Pussycats).  Her thugs are her bandmates and road crew, and that one creepy guy who stalks the band and is at every show.  They make sure to save the day just in time to make it to their next show.  Catch them later for their next performance at the Rusty Rivet in New Overbrook.  For bonus points, if you take Mace Mastery one of the mace options is the Celestial Axe, which serves as a fun little guitar looking thing, despite being an axe and not a guitar.

But as for play, it's not terrible but still underwhelming.  Sonic barriers do give the thugs a lot of resistance, breaking 70% to nearly everything (with uniques).  My slotting has 76% to all resistances other than Psi, which is 35% due to the uniques.  The Arsonist is 90% F, Enforcers are 90% L and Bruiser is 90% S/L.  Defense uniques, Maneuvers, and Enforcer auras put them at roughly 30% positional defense with 45% AoE.  They're able to take a few hits, but they still suffer the rapid cycle of death MM pets usually suffer anyway,  The barriers can also be applied to your Gang War, giving them a little bit more staying power with the chaos they bring.

Sonic Siphon is useful for softening targets for the primarily lethal barrage from your pets.  The Bruiser is a great target for Disruption Field as he will melee while the rest of the thugs stay back (you have to reset it whenever you use an elevator). He can potentially be a good target for Sonic Repulsion if you slot a KB/KD into the power as things near him will get knocked over but that power's end cost just sucks and end management can become an issue if you're also running Leadership and Medicine like I do, and Web Envelope also eats that endurance.  Clarity seems redundant since Sonic Dispersion already adds some status protection, but it does keep the thugs from getting mezzed if they wander off.  Sonic Cage is stupid, no one ever uses jail powers.  Liquify, I want to like it but I can't.  It seems like it should be a great defense and tohit debuff but it's trash.  The issue is that it's location based and has nothing to prevent mobs from escaping it; no snare and minimal knockdown if any.  Even as a proc bomb it sucks, and the worst is that the recharge is so ungodly long that you'll never have it when you want it.

Personal power picks, Super Speed for travel, take if you want.  Combat Jumping, Maneuvers, Scorpion Shield and slotting provide modest defenses, 40% S/L, 30% M/E.  Resistances are about 30% across the board and Sonic Dispersion adds some useful status protections.  Dual Wield and Mace Beam Volley for attacks if desired, though MBV is an end suck.  Dual Wield has a couple proc options but is just a good place to slip a Thunderstrike more than anything.  Medicine pools help cover Sonic's lack of heals, Aid Other and Aid Self are good for staying alive, can possibly squeeze in Field Medic if desired but the benefits aren't that great unless you really need Aid Other to be uninterruptable.  Standard Leadership set.

As for standing out...Thermal can probably do better overall since it also gets the resist shields and status protection for pets, along with solid heals and Forge.  Melt Armor is also superior to Liquefy in every aspect.  Honestly I couldn't tell you what makes this build stand out compared to other Thugs/X, but I fell in love with the concept and just rolled with it.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

11 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I've tried to love Sonic Resonance for years, have run a few builds to 50, and yet it feels, well, terrible.  I'm having a really hard time finding a build where Sonic has synergies that are better than any of the alternatives.  So here's my challenge to you:  make me a build that uses Sonic Resonance as either a primary (defender) or secondary (controller, corruptor, mastermind) that uses the set in a way that has significant value added.  Give me a rationale for the primary and secondary sets (ex:  Drummer Boy is a mutant with sonic powers, who works for a paramilitary superhero organization and uses an assault rifle (so far, he's been my WORST lvl 50 as a Sonic/AR defender and is a unicorn according to the March 2020 stats)).

Bonus points for:

-- being solo play friendly.  This hints at something with a pet of some sort, but not necessarily.

-- using many or every power, especially the unused ones.  If you can come up with a powerful and creative strategy using Sonic Repulsion, I'd like to hear it, since NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE HAS EVER TAKEN AND USED THIS POWER.

-- Mids build strongly preferred but not required.

-- character backstory preferred but not required.

-- telling me why this build is better with Sonic than with almost any other alternative.

-- sonic/sonic defender or corruptor is not allowed.

Dazzle me.  Think outside the box, if there is an outside to this sad little box.  I'm thinking 2bn inf for the winner, and there will be participation trophies for all serious entries.

If you are able to make a second build that only has your mandatory first Sonic pick as the only sonic power, and it is arguably *superior* to your first build, (using pool and ancillary powers) I'm upping the prize to 5bn.

I'll keep this open until January 31, unless there is clearly no interest.

Happy hunting!

My vazilok themed MM is a Zombies/Sonic MM and theyre pretty fun. Having melee centric pets REALLY helps a lot of Sonic's powers find a use, since the survival of your minions, and yourself, is entirely contingent on your ability to keep your monsters (un)alive and it helps the zombies middling damage suffice for solo play. Normally I'd say Robots is a better choice here, but honestly? The fact the zombies powerset gets MORE debuffs in the form of -accuracy is more important than the miserable beam rifle powers robots steals. I dont have a build for you, since the toon is only 38, but she's a lot of fun. My ONLY complaint is that it's a lot of micro for one character, and I hate micro.

But I mean, if you like, REALLY need me to like, SELL you on sonic...

Ok...

uhm...

ahem...

-RES IS ALWAYS GOOD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Resident certified baby

I originally made this as a joke because of the thread, but it turned out to be way too fun and melted mobs fast. I wasn't able to use any of the less used powers, mostly because I tried to cram as many other picks in since I hate playing controllers.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

reverb fart SFX: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Resonance
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(9), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(11), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(11)
Level 1: Sonic Siphon -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(7)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(5), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(5), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(7), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 4: Sonic Barrier -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(37), RctArm-ResDam(37), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(40), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 6: Quicksand -- CrtSpd-Acc/Slow(A), CrtSpd-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(48), CrtSpd-Acc/EndRdx(50), CrtSpd-Rng/Slow(50)
Level 8: Sonic Haven -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(43), RctArm-ResDam(43), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 10: Combat Teleport -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 12: Stalagmites -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(13), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(13), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(15), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(15), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(17)
Level 14: Teleport -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Disruption Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Earthquake -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(19), TN:ZeoShard(19), TN:ZeoShard(29)
Level 20: Sonic Dispersion -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-End/Res(21), GldArm-RechRes(21)
Level 22: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), Acc-I(23)
Level 24: Arcane Bolt -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(31), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(31), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(33)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 30: Tactics -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(34)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(A), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(34), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(34)
Level 35: Ice Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), Apc-Dam%(36), ImpSwf-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Liquefy -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(39), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(39), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Lck-%Hold(40)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def(42), Rct-ResDam%(42)
Level 44: Ice Storm -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(45), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 24: Arcane Power 
Level 50: Nerve Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
------------

And my toon ended up being a zombie with sunglasses and boombox implants. Here he is.

yy9Vk7L.jpg

Now, I wouldn't recommend this build to anyone that's looking for something good, but I was surprised at how bold I could be when engaging certain mobs. Would probably perform excellent in a team, but isn't a pillar of immortality solo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Sonic Repulsion is WHIRLWIND!!!

You might as well give me the 5 billion. This one is in the bag.

Demon/Sonic MM with ALL the off-meta picks

You get Honorary WHIRLWIND, Batpanda, and can play Tankermind und HEALERZ in one build. Just give me my money already.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

SPIN and FEAR and HEALZORZ: Level 50 Magic Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Demon Summoning
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Presence
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Summon Demonlings -- SlbAll-Build%(A), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(3), SprMarofS-Acc/EndRdx(3), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg(5), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(7)
Level 1: Sonic Siphon -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Sonic Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19)
Level 4: Sonic Haven -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 6: Enchant Demon -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(11)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), WntGif-ResSlow(11), Ksm-ToHit+(25), HypSnc-+Special(46), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(49)
Level 12: Summon Demons -- SprMarofS-EndRdx/+Resist/+Regen(A), SprMarofS-Dmg(13), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(13), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), CaltoArm-Acc/Rchg(15), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(17)
Level 14: Aid Other -- Prv-Heal/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(25), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 16: Disruption Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Hell on Earth -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), EdcoftheM-PetDef(42), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(42), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(43), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(43), SlbAll-Dmg(43)
Level 20: Sonic Dispersion -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 22: Aid Self -- IntRdx-I(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(34), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(46)
Level 24: Provoke -- TrmIns-Taunt(A), TrmIns-Taunt/Rchg(40), TrmIns-Stun%(40), Ann-Taunt(45), Ann-Taunt/Rchg(45), Ann-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(45)
Level 26: Summon Demon Prince -- SprMarofS-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprMarofS-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(27), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 28: Sonic Repulsion -- EndRdx-I(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29)
Level 30: Intimidate -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(33), GlmoftheA-Acc/EndRdx(33), GlmoftheA-Fear/Rng(33), GlmoftheA-Dam%(34)
Level 32: Abyssal Empowerment -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36)
Level 38: Invoke Panic -- GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(A), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear(39), GlmoftheA-Acc/EndRdx(39), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(39), GlmoftheA-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Liquefy -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(47), UnbCns-Dam%(47), TchofLadG-%Dam(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(49)
Level 44: Clarity -- Range-I(A)
Level 47: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Field Medic -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 1: Supremacy
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Fiery Demonling
Level 1: Hellfire Demonling
Level 12: Hellfire Gargoyle
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon
Level 1: Cold Demonling
Level 26: Demon Prince
Level 12: Ember Demon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1595;772;1544;HEX;|
|78DA5593594F135114C7EF2CB59652284B29D0D652768A8CAD717D51D646902A820|
|2F24286765A272953628B910FE03B3E19635CBE85F8055C1E5CE2F62220EA1351D4|
|4488FA60C6C33D67D26112F8F59E7BCEFDFFCF99B9C9EB83E5994CA29709DE819C5|
|A28CC26D54251BB3AAF1B694752CDEA298931D63831367CAE4935D24D89A1BE71FE|
|E3CC50DFE8CCF9F119276C474A35B3138BF3F3794319D4E03F2D74231BB665F42F6|
|632CA048453B3E35A216FA8464A635563F97C4E1936AEE9057D4ECFE9C525378F24|
|727AF64AD1C37F27B5B49ED20D0D7393AAA12F2CE6D4A29E3782430B7A4AB16924D|
|594469D2CD5834305FE6E7B99F5980E362032169799F849424EC99CF224B117F7F7|
|F5235FF84AC5300FC6832F2128505012B6F1A47D3B48EF1F64F56FE42B4896AC648|
|992AB29B995925AA9E80E78750824E788ECCAB9980766EDA4A0E0F4093CB3EC1756|
|B860D3459BB2CBDA0CE066FD3F088764D653EDE0EBD82A76751764DC54E4705FC6D|
|6CB2F12D7455E54B1415C437A3F2343A0E8A162D1B3494A5FA9912DE46BE8BAD26A|
|A4921AB907B255D69BA8DAC161766D023B80DBE82D7A5AE4C9D13E5A9FC2F51B38B|
|1C6F25CE317B8975A9A672DCDB38EE658F717D975181906CF3EEB25F8026827C23D|
|03BF217BA8974648F65B36FD1AC8D7C8AC2343CC220FCE1153C434F23EF4D860153|
|75CC291364E139FA1C28127C4A7C4C7C8B7E031200838DA004D2DF8058B83377020|
|01B017220539F401DF78D347E21A711D19D9403E005B61EB7D84E9E415506DA6A0D|
|44CDF4E4B02A7D132423C8BDE8220DB46DEE436926D5F25926C3BD9E820D9F7D050|
|27DE15D3D1B9826F5C11F16B5486B1A143CF890FB1D1D823E43B28EEB6EE5E77148|
|B2B9C78AB795021CFCB6D8CC5AC60AC1B338372E9EA0A6C19CFDC7F13392ADBEFB5|
|840692B6A03926972E39134C78D85619B36250D482323F6C4191457058F111817FD|
|4F14934F87D4F652756FEDC13BC851E7685CCA3519B9163F6057F4E40C4BD277201|
|8E8AD351E6947D316D5FCCD8173EBF6DC19F2376A593D1D2876C1EB72BFE0789200|
|B58|

Synopsis:

This build is end hungry due to the toggles and we need to find ways to manage end consumption. The bonuses from unbreakable guard helps, and they also contribute to S/L defense.

Medicine pool serves a double purpose - heals and endurance recovery. Aid self only cares that you have field medic in your build, not when you took it, so Field medic is the last pick. When you exemp you still get the end benefit for aid self.

Demons are inherently tough so stacking more RES on them has good synergy.

Put Sonic Repulsion on the demon prince since it can go melee - profit.

Intimidate and Invoke panic are your favorite powahz. Up the pot to 10 bil cuz I included them.

Destiny is up in the air, ageless for endurance so you can WHIRLWIND MOAR or any of the others.

Vigor Alpha helps with ACC End and Heal, the other option is Cardiac, I feel ACC is more important since this build has lower chances to hit against +4s. The comfort zone for this build is probably at the +2 range.

The stun proc in provoke = lulz.

As for concept, have you seen that movie Cell?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0775440/

Pretend it's that, but with demons.

Or you can just embrace it for what it is. SPIN/BATPANDA/HEALERZ/BATTANK and demonz, and sound stuff.

This is the most epic build you'll ever see in this contest and you know it.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I fiddled around with a couple of ideas, then decided to adapt my own Ill/TA build to this challenge.  Ill/TA is good, really good, except for Phantasm.  That useless ass dies like it's the reason you summon him.  He dies so frequently that I rarely bother to summon him on my character.  /Sonic addresses that without sacrificing what makes /TA work so well, the heaping piles of -Res, and having one set of pets which prefer melee combat, and another pet which prefers ranged, you can leverage the strengths of /Sonic at their maximum efficiency.  PA can't be buffed by powers like Fulcrum Shift, Fortitude, Accelerate Metabolism or Forge, it's reliant on -Res to give it some real impact, and other than TA and Poison, you're not going to get that much -Res on every spawn (Ill/Cold goes higher, but only every other spawn, or every third spawn (unless you're dawdling)).  Sonic also gives you access to status protection that you don't get from Poison or Cold, and TA can't give you until level 38 and only when EMP Arrow is recharged.

The concept is an actor/actress/stage magician.  Phantom Army should be clones of your character, Stunt Double, Stand-in and Drama Student or Personal Assistant.  Rename Spectral Terror to Stage Lighting or Light Show.  Fire APP for a flashy fireworks display.  Hover/Fly are, in my opinion, crucial to the concept (you just can't pass up the chance to do some wire work in that industry).

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blind -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold:30(7), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(7), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(9), Apc-Dmg:50(9), Dmg-I:50(17)
Level 1: Sonic Siphon -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 2: Spectral Wounds -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(3), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(5), Apc-Dam%:50(5)
Level 4: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(42), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(42)
Level 8: Superior Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(42), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(43), RedFrt-Def:50(43), RedFrt-EndRdx:50(46)
Level 10: Sonic Barrier -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx:30(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg:30(11), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg:30(11), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:30(15), ImpSki-Status:10(50), ResDam-I:50(50)
Level 12: Sonic Haven -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx:30(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg:30(13), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg:30(13), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:30(15), ImpSki-Status:10(48), ResDam-I:50(48)
Level 14: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(29), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(40), BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(40)
Level 16: Disruption Field -- EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(17)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(19), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(19), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(23), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg:50(25)
Level 20: Sonic Dispersion -- ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx:30(A), ImpSki-ResDam/Rchg:30(21), ImpSki-EndRdx/Rchg:30(21), ImpSki-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:30(23), ImpSki-Status:10(48), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(50)
Level 22: Sonic Cage -- Acc-I:50(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(46)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear:50(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg:50(27), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%:50(37)
Level 28: Sonic  Repulsion -- EndRdx-I:50(A), EndRdx-I:50(29)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets):50(33), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), SvrRgh-PetResDam:50(34)
Level 35: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(36), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), Rgn-Knock%:50(37)
Level 38: Liquefy -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(39), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(39), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(39), UnbCns-Dam%:50(40)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-Max HP%:20(A)
Level 44: Consume -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), Arm-Dam%:50(46)
Level 47: Group Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Clarity -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:10(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:20(34), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:30(37)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:21(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed:50(25), SynSck-EndMod:50(31), SynSck-EndMod/Rech:50(31)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1521;677;1354;HEX;|
		|78DA6594594F534114C767DA5BB11B2D7601BA086511686969036ADC82914D0C241|
		|812776C0A5E6A939B96B490E8A39FC2474D64319AF8698C1AF51318B1B83DF854CF|
		|9DF32F6DDA499ADFCC7FCE9939CBDC2E3F9975BD5B78362DA477C6C8552AD999527|
		|1BB5C320CBD6C5BCEE50B1BC21C1DF41B6CECD48D528B86B15329948A7521D26473|
		|6D677333B55A2A1636B2B3FA3A2D8473A5443EF34621FF78DBA1E6AB5BBAFEC8A5A|
		|64B7A6EAB50CCBBD9C634A155D7DC56618356653DBB9CAB6CEBE5A73D1449927E2F|
		|A5C0A8D9C47B8B10514D9CF8007E649EFC048E13339AF04685E2ED86AF1021D65E9|
		|0C6724D9349B6B7A4C009A69606334C2795C58A73AC61ABD2ECA4D9D441358B2D20|
		|9536F699EDC7BE305F91DCC136B68EBA8D831977816EB09399F430EF10ECC8DBDE2|
		|B557E8E10186676469899A8694C1CE71CEFD2D2095F277C5DF075B5F84EC07702BE|
		|2228849B63B6BA117304798D20AF91AFCCFBB4ED615BE98999FE76E105F748EF429|
		|DBBAA6C7FEA08FCC50CFE66F64C5B94CF03F2F1A15E3EC4ED47DC7EC41D6C893B13|
		|97CAF71E21801E05D0EB01EA5137E2EB4E705C49709FF45EC4D7BBCF3D0D1D80AF9|
		|9A7DF3087DE32D7C8278CF3C2C8330206E9AE28EF8928EA7640E8431FFA907BFF4F|
		|1035E8FFC38C5D05FF72ECBB74E500E21B98E4BDC129F02C788E39749E99A5FB86E|
		|1333CC7DA99797001BC8E1E2E32F7E89E51D46DF41F2D7C9A30CB91100E754EE202|
		|DB8D5F042F819799C92BCC5DBA3B857352C8FF21210D2D1DE3BC225AD33759A3613|
		|6B3AED4E26DBBE93625D3A64CB629536DCA529BB2A21DFF1308A914BBF7F83BAF1D|
		|52FA12FD94831C7BB5A15964CCAADE5FEC8654351BBAC5EFF247B39F3AF5A8A158E|
		|573AA969F5E7C55E317F60DFCCE5C77986F8B23C835CDD79AE62B4DF39671D347A7|
		|60EB3F8083F785|

Buffing Phantasm with the two shields, Sonic Dispersion and the two pet Resistance globals counters his squishiness, completely negating the penalty to Negative Energy he's saddled with, plus some (he has a base -40%, this brings him up over +20%), and giving him enough of every other Resistance (except Psi) to ensure that he's not turned into paste ten seconds after you summon him.

Sonic Repulsion and Sonic Dispersion also go on Phantasm, because he'll be hanging out near you.  This keeps critters out of your grill and gives you status protections you'd otherwise lack.  You shouldn't be pulling much aggro with PA out, but even with a ~54.5s recharge time on my Ill/TA's PA, I still take a hit every now and then, and hits tend to have some kind of mez attached to them in this game.  This way, if something does make it through the KB field, it's unlikely to knock your toggles off with a soft tap on the shoulder.

Disruption Field on one of your PA clones, and Sonic Siphon on the clone's target or the biggest wanker in sight.  With a ~7s cycle time, you can throw Siphon on four targets and keep them debuffed, or spread it around.

Below 50, PA won't be perma, so Sonic Cage fills the gap when PA drops mid-combat.  After 50, it can still be used at your discretion, such as when you're struggling with your endurance bar or want to wait for something to recharge (Liquify).

The build is somewhat endurance hungry.  Consume will keep you going, and with PA pulling all of the aggro, you can dash into PBAoE range without concern.  Consume is slower to animate than Dark Consumption or Power Sink, and Power Sink recharges in one third the time, but Consume has the largest radius of the three and is the only one with a Recovery buff (15s).  You'll hit more foes with Consume and you'll get more return from fewer foes, due to that Recovery buff.  Just remember to de-activate Sonic Repulsion on Phantasm before running in, and re-activate it when you back off.  Though that probably won't matter if you're playing solo, those aggro monkeys will chase whatever's scattered anyway.

You'll have plenty of key mashing to do with Sonic Siphon, Blind and Spectral Wounds, in addition to buffing Phantasm and summoning PA, plus toggling Disruption Field on PA, and once you have Fire Ball, you can add some AoE to your arsenal.  It's not a "sit back and do nothing" build, but it's not quite as clicky as my Ill/TA.

Post 50, and with Spiritual Core, you'll have sufficient global +Recharge to take one of those Recharge Reduction IOs out of Hasten.  You can move the Sovereign Right global over to PA and put a KB->KD in Phantasm, or throw another 50+5 Recharge Reduction into PA to shave the recharge time down by another 1.03s, or try the Soulbound Allegiance Build Up proc in PA (from what i've read, it does buff them, and if that's the case, it would give a lot of return on the investment when viewed in light of the 45% -Res you can dump on foes).  Or wherever.

I'd recommend Support Core Embodiment for the Hybrid slot if you're still not happy with the build's endurance usage.  The 10% global endurance reduction won't be much, but it will give you a little more breathing room.  The other Incarnate slots are left to your preference.

Based on my experience with my Ill/TA, this is an excellent solo build, and playing it the way I've outlined, with you staying at range and buffing Phantasm (who should be near you) with the KB toggle, mez protection toggle and shields, it should mesh well with teams.  Ranged characters will receive the necessary buffs and safety provided by Sonic Repulsion, melee characters will benefit from PA carrying around Disruption Field with them, everyone's happy.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Ok...I am going to throw my hat into the ring with Gravity/Sonic controller.

I played a Gravity/FF controller on live that I had a lot of fun playing. When CoH came back I decided to go Sonic secondary instead of FF. 

Unfortunately she is only level 4 at the moment as I got distracted with other projects and level slow. So please someone correct me if I am wrong or my ideas just wouldn't work. 

But my thoughts and plan was that you have decent single target damage with Gravity so that is helped with Sonic Siphon.

With the changes to Singularity now pulling things in, that sounds like a perfect place for disruption field.  I suppose if things start to go bad you can put Sonic Repulsion on Singy wormhole the mobs on top and watch them get flung away.

Solo you can you use Dimension Shift and Sonic Cage depending if you need a single or group panic button.

The only power you wouldn't get much use out of solo is Clarity. 

I am really not good at builds, sorry, so don't have one. I just feel the character out as I play and make the build off of that.

As for a character concept background story...

You could be a subterranean race who have learnt to use the power of the Earth's core. By making taking a piece of the core a part of you, you are able to manipulate gravity (your gravity powers obviously) and it gives you powers similar to that of the Earth's Magnetic field (your Sonic powers). 

Just my silly thought. Good luck!

• Like 1

My /Sonic Controller certainly feels like it does far more with its support set than my FF/ Defender.

Gravity/Sonic, runs 4 ally toggles on a Singularity and teleports it into the middle of every mob. Love it.

With this combo your Singularity does all of the following on its own: -res aura, damage aura, KD aura, absorb shield plus res shields, vacuum pull aura, FF proc, annihilation proc. Teleport target to drop all of the above anywhere.

Poisonous Ray and Sonic Siphon compliments all that vs bosses.

Edited by arcane

I give you... O K Boomer

image.thumb.png.0ae6f3b5ca6957fd872e8769cc38c080.png

A Sonic/Beam defender who is a rogue Goldbricker gone hero. (This concept is even older than the ASF!)

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5

O K Boomer: Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Sonic Resonance
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Medicine
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sonic Barrier -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-Psi/Status(15), ImpArm-ResDam(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(48), ResDam-I(50)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(3), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx(29), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), EntChs-Heal%(46)
Level 2: Sonic Haven -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(15), ImpArm-ResDam(17), ImpArm-ResPsi(48)
Level 4: Charged Shot -- SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(5), EntChs-Acc/Dmg(27), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx(37), EntChs-Heal%(43)
Level 6: Cutting Beam -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7), Bmbdmt-Acc/Dam/Rech/End(23), Bmbdmt-Dam(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43)
Level 8: Disruption Field -- EndRdx-I(A), EndRdx-I(9)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(11), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 12: Sonic Dispersion -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam(13), ImpArm-ResPsi(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam(48)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Sonic Siphon -- Acc-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 18: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(21), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(21), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 22: Aid Other -- Heal-I(A)
Level 24: Aid Self -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(25), IntRdx-I(25), IntRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 26: Clarity -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), Flight-I(40)
Level 30: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Liquefy -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(33), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(33), ToHitDeb-I(34), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 35: Piercing Beam -- Dtn-Acc/Dmg(A), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Dtn-Dmg/Rchg(36), Dtn-Dmg/Rng(36), Dtn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rng(46)
Level 38: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(39), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42)
Level 44: Power Sink -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 1: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(31)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Disintegrating 
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon 
Level 14: Afterburner 
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1431;694;1388;HEX;|
		|78DA6594594F135114C7EF4CA742175A8129D042690BC56E5068D4674D411E842A4|
		|1E36B53DB693B49E934D3369137351A7DD1E8931F40055C705FF0BBE01AD0279744|
		|4DF4C18C8739E7A6169B34BF9E73CFF23F7769E6CC8CB3589C3DCC04D7742557AF6|
		|76794A2522D28BAFDA4922F57B58A565A66F0B11F0FCE05D39AB6A4E81D60FA7858|
		|36DD2C169327B4AA9A87D4D360B4961673D5925248A695DC5276512D5614E658D0B|
		|44A72B6A296CA8D2EF3774629A879B5AAB84D6B5EC94162BDACD67075762750AD96|
		|BC476A6A3E39ADE97AB3D6D0F46CA699CDE4EA0D455F1E003123F03D2732FE31247|
		|640602C2531D741E4DE283022B1C9183235CE4CFF6B1928609295AD49A653BC4BBC|
		|8F1CBABAD34262E16BC889EBC8F3D051A0648B40155DC4DD1DDF40270BC9B35AEE6|
		|065E91E711DE9BB429DA8639C3ABD85642B4FB6BEC2E03D2F881BC83EC16A32F407|
		|EDB888F60590D94132858E10CAEB24BE83CA36BE6BB69BE8B4DF22DE46FA5690C3A|
		|BC88B50D141152547180774D2C04E1AB8E7A7C50C9EFC8174C0ADE9A24EAC6B5334|
		|9D67016E720A6E1F969F4820DF83B66EBED84DCE1EE20758ECE5C27B49B84CC2651|
		|2DEB74BB81F3478B8064F189D0170F6F34AFDE41CE01C44C689E3D4FE1208F7F24A|
		|5EDA4C1B541AA47D1107E770EEA1EFC8C8280D00417E0A627ECABC0CE502FC80035|
		|B60F92516DC267E227E4486F6635288B46CC9F802CCE49175748E3E203E243E4286|
		|1FD3263F416E43F2187F0163CFF0EAEC7B4E7CC96D0C8E3C256E201B305A94BF802|
		|81D788C0E3CF68BF81B590724F0B5196222D1BE9F9CBDB03B497E59936B784B522B|
		|481916A7F88598F2E0D34EC9C86352EB291B4352EBCF60C7360C36FFBF6B41E219E|
		|0124CD7677BAB0A6374645FDA9C66DCD77F5C220BE1849D47F1EA0F9F4249DFDAF2|
		|6EE010ABF1960EE3105CE11417CDFA5A2FC4F80BA7C5D70C|

Very solid resists.  I guess the only thing not entirely in concept is Mu mastery, but I wanted the extra S/L/E resist and Power Sink helps tremendously with the end usage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What this team needs is more Defenders

Call of the Wild

The last few powers could be reordered, whatever travel choice.

(If it was overlooked disruption field + sonic repulsion on whichever pet you like ftw)

Seismic Smash

A couple controller ideas...

Or defender take...

Edited by Dorhain
  • Like 1

Why?  Super Strength is irrelevant (if I must point out, in a Super Hero game) unless you have a Rage Monster concept or...more accurately....want a double stacked Rage PvP build (which is why this will never be fixed)  So, again, why fix anything?  

14 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Why?  Super Strength is irrelevant (if I must point out, in a Super Hero game) unless you have a Rage Monster concept or...more accurately....want a double stacked Rage PvP build (which is why this will never be fixed)  So, again, why fix anything?  

But I'm not trying to fix anything?  I'm trying to make the best of what we've currently got!

Great start everyone!  This is really *resonating* with me!

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

Not really joining the contest, but I have a sonic/sonic blaster Bad Vibes (villain, of course). He's a project toon that doesn't train at all. That means only T1 primary, T1 Secondary, Origin prestige power, Brawl, Health, Stamina and Sprint with one slot each. Currently level 15. Going strong so far, I'm curious how he'll fare when beginner's luck runs out.

Sonic Resonance is most helpful having a target for the shields and toggle ally pbae debuffs. Of the archetypes with access to Sonic Resonance, mastermind has the most convenient targets for these abilities. Of the mastermind pets, the best choices are usually thugs, demons, bots, and sometimes beasts. Sonic Resonance seems to have particular synergy with necromancy, which is unusual in that necro pets are generally considered mid tier at best for masterminds.

So now that we took Sonic Resonance and Necromancy, two generally mid tier sets, and mix them, what do we get? For starters, an easy path to 90% for most pet resistances, -res protection, and CC protection. One major hole in the Sonic Resonance set (lack of a heal) is remedied with the self healing pets and life drain in necromancy. With capped resistances out of the way you only need to focus on defenses, which is helped by the -To Hit debuffs found in Necromancy. If you opt for Chill Mastery, you can further bolster your own defenses, gain an aoe sleep, and gain an additional self heal.

Thematic Sonic Resonance and Necromancy fit quite well. For a blueside hero with this theme, I went with a Graveyard Crow (that was my name as well). The Crow would bring the dead back to life with it's magical songs that woke the dead. There is plenty that could go with these combo of sound and undead such as Banshee or maybe someone who animates bones with sound. 

I think there is a lot of potential with this combo, I could be wrong.

<Witch> of Everlasting

<Mythical Creature> of Excelsior
Global Name: @Mythical Creature
"Monsters are real and they look like people." - Unknown

I admit I had two concepts-never made.   One was a Ill/Sonic controller, inspired by Dazzler, who can manipulate light and sound.    And like the person above me, I had a idea for a Necro/Sonic MM, called Metal Undead or something, but I'm always wanting a fast way to heal some of my guys that doesn't need Insps.

Yomo - 
Attached is the build of my Imperious Ukase, a water/sonic Corruptor. It is in my top 5 characters to play! Capped s/l resist, capped HP (which for as few HP you get as a corruptor, may as well get all you can (assuming you have the 4 passive accolades.) 

Just missing Worthy Opponent (Old School LRSF) and two of the Spring event badges and it'll have all of them. 

No end issues when solo, enough damage mitigation with the KD that comes with Water, quite soloable. In fact, I've solo'd almost all the content except for master TFs & iTrials with it. 
Dehydrate does some nifty damage and recharges often enough to keep your health up in pretty much all situations, except fights with AVs - then I use inspirations when needed. 

Ukase Badger - Corruptor (Water Blast).mxd