Any teaser what is being worked on?

Pyriold

18 minutes ago, gameboy1234 said:

I'm not up on my DnD lore but I think rust monsters affect iron.  Lord Nemesis sees further than most, and cleverly made his  automachina out of brass.  Those rust monsters won't work against the almighty Lord Nemy.

Also, have you seen what those rust monsters do during breeding season.? No.  Absolutely not.  Get them back in separate cages, immediately.

An extremely strict reading of the 5e stat block for a Rust Monster suggests that the Rust Monster can only voluntarily rust a ferrous metal object with its antennae, but any metal object (not just ferrous) which hits the rust monster is vulnerable to rusting.  But that's fairly crazy, and presumably the ferrous qualifier is meant to be applied.

Brass is non-ferrous.  It does oxidize (to a greenish color, like copper), which I guess isn't technically rust.

So, to this obviously extremely relevant topic, I'd say that Nemesis is largely immune to Rust Monsters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well based on the few teaser images, I think we can definitely say that improved lighting is NOT something be worked on.  😃

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

No wonder so cranky

and..

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Luminara said:

What Are Chastity Belts, Really? | Live Science

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Get ready! To get ready..

On 7/1/2022 at 8:38 AM, Cobalt Arachne said:

All hail Lord Nemesis!  ...Issue 27, Page 4's reveal!

Might wanna have some of these handy..

9181185.JPG?637613654671993319&f=1&nofb=1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

pssst WIND CONTROL.. you know you we want it...

Knowing this has been beaten like a whole herd of dead horses, and coupled with the hint someone mentioned above, I'm already camping out on the name I want for a Wind character.  And it if isn't a new thing, then the name should be fine for a Stormy too.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/1/2022 at 9:50 PM, aethereal said:

An extremely strict reading of the 5e stat block for a Rust Monster suggests that the Rust Monster can only voluntarily rust a ferrous metal object with its antennae, but any metal object (not just ferrous) which hits the rust monster is vulnerable to rusting.  But that's fairly crazy, and presumably the ferrous qualifier is meant to be applied.

Brass is non-ferrous.  It does oxidize (to a greenish color, like copper), which I guess isn't technically rust.

So, to this obviously extremely relevant topic, I'd say that Nemesis is largely immune to Rust Monsters.

Ah, but you forget one thing, this game was made during the time of 3e not 5e.  According to the 3e SRD, Rust Monsters corrode metal, in 3e they don't differentiate ferrous vs. non-ferrous.

So, I'm starting to think Nemesis would be vulnerable, but I'm sure there is a plan for it.  You might even say, a plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Voltor said:

Minor suggestion: make a drone alt with the name now.   If the power that you hope for comes out, make a new alt with the new power and use the rename feature later.

Exactly my plan.

I took the Lord Nemesis as new costume set which includes new skin tones. 

I am thinking costumes is gonna be the big update. 

Regardless very impressed with 9 pages and still no real info. 

image.jpeg.c4e4c03107c122768e065e9020d137b6.jpeg

Edited by plainguy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Check pages 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8 for GM and Dev provided information on the upcoming content. 

Not grasping all the game lore some of it flies over my head.

I seen the screen shots and the emotes.. 
I understood the Cimerorean as I think that was already mentioned previously. 
EG page 8 Nemesis reference, I don't get it.   

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, plainguy said:

Not grasping all the game lore some of it flies over my head.

I seen the screen shots and the emotes.. 
I understood the Cimerorean as I think that was already mentioned previously. 
EG page 8 Nemesis reference, I don't get it.   

They're mostly veiled teasers in all honesty. The HC team makes a point of not over promising anything, but also recognizing folks are interested in knowing where things are headed try to ensure a few hints are given. Even when things hit the beta shard for testing, changes can still be made to revert it back and the HC Team wants to ensure there is expectation management for this. Best place to look for any updates is in the beta patch notes thread once they are released for testing before they hit the live shards. 

• Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

13 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

They're mostly veiled teasers in all honesty. The HC team makes a point of not over promising anything, but also recognizing folks are interested in knowing where things are headed try to ensure a few hints are given. Even when things hit the beta shard for testing, changes can still be made to revert it back and the HC Team wants to ensure there is expectation management for this. Best place to look for any updates is in the beta patch notes thread once they are released for testing before they hit the live shards. 

And thus my meme and I commend them on their vagueness 

I might have been there !.. 
Well, were you there or not?
I might have..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2022 at 7:16 PM, SwitchFade said:

It's hard to take Nemesis seriously while he is wearing the toe baring sandals.

Sorry Nemmiecakes, shower slippers aren't threatening.

The difference is shoes is the most I can take from that picture and the others of Nemesis, sandals vs. steel toe boots.  

So, I guess it cold be a hint about more costumes being proliferated to players, or it could be a Nemesis Plot to throw us off.

* flails around impatiently *

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

One last flail before I go to bed. 

* flails despairingly * 

• Thumbs Up 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Gobbledygook said:

Did you wake up flailing?

I was too busy checking the news to see who else has resigned from the Government. Politics are gettin' spicy here in England. 

I'll have a little flail now. Best to keep up appearances. Wouldn't want to seem unreliable. 

* flails around perfomatively * 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Did you wake up flailing?

I think the better questions are, do you sleep alone?  If so, did you harm anyone flailing in the night?  If so, do you now sleep alone?

Also, do you mind flailing next to Troo for awhile until you beat all the information he has out of him?  (I still think he is holding out on us) 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1