Any teaser what is being worked on?

Pyriold

• Game Master
On 6/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, BurtHutt said:

I don't think flags are a big deal for me but more costume items is always good. I don't know which other server this was on but they had some cool new pieces including wings that are just under the arms. Those looked great.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: imagine how awesome this game would be if the various CoH server devs combined. People. What can ya do?!

I don't know, the others do interesting things they feel they want to do and it means players have a variety of flavours to choose from. Don't like one, try a different one. It might be just your cup of tea. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Number Six said:

d1.jpg.c59344c044c669893759b7a552012573.jpg

The die rolls add up to 77...

Hmm...

You get 77 by multiplying 7 and 11. If you add those 2 numbers, you get 18.

Issue 18 was when Going Rogue was released. So that means we're getting a goldside task force!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, GM Crumpet said:

I don't know, the others do interesting things they feel they want to do and it means players have a variety of flavours to choose from. Don't like one, try a different one. It might be just your cup of tea. 

Nah. I've said it before and I'll say it again: HC is the most professional out of the servers I've tried. I prefer it. It's not perfect but it's my go to. I'm starting to play a bit again as well - hopefully the new stuff is cool.

I agree that other servers want to do other stuff. That's great. My comment was simply imagine if most of those options were here and done professionally. One server to entertain them all (or most of them) which would also make for a larger playerbase. One can dream!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2022 at 2:02 PM, GM Crumpet said:

I avoid any spoilers until stuff reaches open Beta. Sometimes as a GM I see stuff I'd prefer not to, but it's still exciting 🙂

As a player (and bear in mind I have no contact with the devs or the dev teams outside of dealing with current issues I need advice on so don't have a clue what they are working on) I'd love to see more costume options, especially things like more animal heads and the ability to use national flags. It's sad that a patriotic alt can't have their national flag available as a chest piece or a shield decoration or a cape. Then again I suppose there are so many different flags out there the big ones would be available but then you'd get someone complaining their small island nation got missed off. You can kind of fudge some flags, but for those of us rubbish at creating costumes it would be nice to have them as a drop down option 

National flags can be problematic especially with world events like whats going on in Eastern Europe as invariably some troll or edgelord will go out of their way to make an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master
18 hours ago, Jaguaratron said:

National flags can be problematic especially with world events like whats going on in Eastern Europe as invariably some troll or edgelord will go out of their way to make an issue.

Oh I know what you mean, sadly there are always people out to spoil things for others. I don't like to stop stuff because of the minority though. I'd rather deal with them while everyone else moves on and enjoys the options. You could say the same about a lot of things though. One person has guns and plays a time displaced cowboy trying to adjust to life in our time and using his exceptional skills with a firearm for justice/profit (delete as applicable for hero or villain) while someone else has guns and turns it into something unpleasant and political. We could ban the guns, but that would stop all the players RPing them in a fun way.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I mean you have a selection of national flag chest emblems and capes in Champions, I don't think it'd be much of a problem in CoH. But really all I'd like is wrap around cape mantles (like Hero 1's) as an option for shoulders, that'd open up plenty more costuming ideas.

• Thumbs Up 6

On 6/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, Number Six said:

Rolling lots of dice... a common approach to damage procs, used as a phrase in a guide by @Redlynne (if you're around, hi, you write good guides)... proc overhall is coming. It's confirmed and I will be taking no further questions. 

• Haha 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

On 6/4/2022 at 8:36 AM, EmperorSteele said:

The die rolls add up to 77...

Hmm...

You get 77 by multiplying 7 and 11. If you add those 2 numbers, you get 18.

Issue 18 was when Going Rogue was released. So that means we're getting a goldside task force!

Very astute, but you know what number is conspicuously missing? 50.

I'm foreseeing a full 1-50 goldside leveling experience ! 🔮

• Haha 4

On 6/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, Britannic said:

I mean you have a selection of national flag chest emblems and capes in Champions, I don't think it'd be much of a problem in CoH. But really all I'd like is wrap around cape mantles (like Hero 1's) as an option for shoulders, that'd open up plenty more costuming ideas.

That would be especially nice for a cloak effect (with hood) that is currently very difficult to pull off.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 6/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, Number Six said:

Sixty ate Nine?!!

29 to 46.. the score of the next super bowl?!

2-3-3-3-6-20-40?

it's so random..

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

43 minutes ago, Troo said:

Sixty ate Nine?!!

29 to 46.. the score of the next super bowl?!

2-3-3-3-6-20-40?

it's so random..

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!!

I'll wager it means about the same as 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

• Haha 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, Sovera said:

Did someone say Fire Melee revamp? Fire Breath with the Frost treatment and overall set damage pumped up.

As nice as this would be, wouldn't Kinetic Melee benefit more?  Isn't KM the worst melee set overall right now?

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

2 hours ago, JayboH said:

As nice as this would be, wouldn't Kinetic Melee benefit more?  Isn't KM the worst melee set overall right now?

Both are tbh. Even Savage scraps by on its AoE.

On one hand we're going to get new sets which is always good, but on the other fixing what we already have would not go amiss either, but greater dopamine on something completely new.

15 minutes ago, plainguy said:

5 Pages and all I know is we have a new walking emote.

I could tell you.. but then..

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10 hours ago, Troo said:

I would know and be enlightened and then I would do things like:

Enjoy Regen before the incoming nerf, about time if you ask me

Plan names for my incoming Clown and Pirate masterminds!  Oh, and then I can start a debate if Ninja or Pirate masterminds are better!  Sure, Ninjas have their problems, but the movement speed reduction for the Pirates due to the peg legs gets old.  Old school internet arguments rise again!

and get more excited than I already am! 

<Thanks Devs for all you do, even though I have no idea what is really coming because Troo won't tell me>

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Troo said:

Exactly.

Just found it funny that a dev drops a vague hint and 3 pages later its all over the place.

I found it funny.. 

1 hour ago, laudwic said:

I would know and be enlightened and then I would do things like:

Enjoy Regen before the incoming nerf, about time if you ask me

Plan names for my incoming Clown and Pirate masterminds!  Oh, and then I can start a debate if Ninja or Pirate masterminds are better!  Sure, Ninjas have their problems, but the movement speed reduction for the Pirates due to the peg legs gets old.  Old school internet arguments rise again!

and get more excited than I already am! 

<Thanks Devs for all you do, even though I have no idea what is really coming because Troo won't tell me>

"
exactly..  Same here

2 hours ago, laudwic said:

Sure, Ninjas have their problems, but the movement speed reduction for the Pirates due to the peg legs gets old.

You think them clown shoes let those jokers move any faster?  If you're not running a Clown/Kin, you're doing it wrong.

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You think them clown shoes let those jokers move any faster?  If you're not running a Clown/Kin, you're doing it wrong.

I was thinking Clowns/Pain Domination for the 'sad clown' motif, but Kinetics would be great if you could add in a yakety saks sound in there.  . .

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2