So, now that 'Mini-mode' is a thing, you're going to let us create characters under 4ft tall, right? Right?!

mechahamham

Srsly, I've wanted to create a pixie-sized character since before CoH launched. Even if you can't let us go as small as 'mini-mode' characters, or let us use them in PVP, please, PLEASE, let us create shorter character with proportional-sized (i.e.: not gigantic for the body) heads.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Players:  Please let us use mini-me avatars in gameplay!

Devs: Fine, but we're doubling the size of their hitboxes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

3 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Wouldn't they have to anyway?  Make their hitboxes the size of Force Bubble.

• Thumbs Up 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Ugh.  I mean Ugly.  I mean Ugh . . . ugly.  I see these bobblehead looking things and I want to vomit blood.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I have the same reaction with some regular size characters. The fix is simple - "So don't look at them."

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

Ugh.  I mean Ugly.  I mean Ugh . . . ugly.  I see these bobblehead looking things and I want to vomit blood.

Don't let us stop you.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Wait, wait!

Someone summon @Snarky

If they are vomiting blood it is most likely too late. If mortal  they have an extreme disorder.  And who really gives a shit enough to fix it

If a vampire is vomiting blood something really neat is about to happen!  Someone film this

• Haha 6

On 10/25/2022 at 3:27 AM, MistressOhm said:

Also Devs:  Unless you're a tanker, in which case we are making your hitbox one square pixel.  And since we haven't done this in awhile, let's double the range of all your powers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

On 10/25/2022 at 1:43 AM, Redletter said:

/jranger

Just say NO! to /jranger-ing

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 10/25/2022 at 6:22 AM, High_Beam said:

I felt the same way, but there's a couple of ones in the ongoing costume thread that it really works for.  I won't say it's going to work for most toons, so vomit blood away, I'll be there with you, but for those few?  it's great.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Fair enough.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 3 months later

it would be nice to have some kind of option somewhere on each character whether to miniaturize the head when in mini-me mode. TinkerBell looks pretty stupid with an enormous head, but she'd be just about perfect with a proportional one.

Or maybe offer two costume options, one with large head and one with proportional head. If I had known it would be this goofy-looking I probably wouldn't have spent the 250 Aether on this.

Edited by chuckv3

LEOTARDED personal supergroup

TinkerBell, super reflexes / martial arts tanker & badge hunter; Sarabraxus, energy / energy blaster; Sarathustra, fire / therm corruptor

Scotch Bonnie / Pulva Rising / Vapo Rising, fire/ss brutes & fire farmers; Green Granny / Grand Aid, empathy/psi defenders; plus a few others.

@Xarah formerly on Champion, Triumph, Victory, now @chuckv3 / @chuckv4 on Reunion

On 10/29/2022 at 1:28 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

I felt the same way, but there's a couple of ones in the ongoing costume thread that it really works for.  I won't say it's going to work for most toons, so vomit blood away, I'll be there with you, but for those few?  it's great.

Which is basically true of most of the interesting costume pieces.

Except random belts of pouches.  Every character looks better with lots of random belts of pouches scattered around their costume.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chuckv3 said:

it would be nice to have some kind of option somewhere on each character whether to miniaturize the head when in mini-me mode. TinkerBell looks pretty stupid with an enormous head, but she'd be just about perfect with a proportional one.

Or maybe offer two costume options, one with large head and one with proportional head. If I had known it would be this goofy-looking I probably wouldn't have spent the 250 Aether on this.

If you're unsure of something in the future, try copying your character over to the Beta server where everything is free. You can get as many Prismatic Aether Particles as your heart desires to try out all the costumes before you purchase them on the live servers. 

That helpful hint aside, can't you manipulate the head slider to make the character head smaller?

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

10 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Except random belts of pouches.  Every character looks better with lots of random belts of pouches scattered around their costume.

Rob Liefeld, is that you?

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:53 AM, Greycat said:

I have the same reaction with some regular size characters. The fix is simple - "So don't look at them."

I've suggested (seriously) many times in many games the option to /ignorecostume  a person that generic's them into a phantom ghost on your screen.  I would use these for costumes I deem inappropriate, but others could use them however they wish.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow