Issue 27, Page 6 - General Feedback Thread

The Curator

• The Curator changed the title to Issue 27, Page 6 - General Feedback Thread
  • Developer
11 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

Mayhem Missions:

Arson completes in Mayhem Missions now give everyone in the group badge credit upon completion.

-----
Can Safeguard side missions and badge objectives be shared as well?  Thank you.

Probably, I'd need to go look at them and how they were written.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

So is this the closest we are going to get to Wind Control (which has been sitting in Mids for years)? I have two toons I have been wanting to make with that, but if this is the replacement I will go ahead and make them.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I like the new set and will definitely use it, just wondering.

Edited by ZephyrWind
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's never a guarantee that they'll finish or do a set that Paragon made. As I recall, Wind Control is very very unfinished in the files.

Anyway, neat.

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

13 minutes ago, Nayeh said:

Psychic animation changes (Scream, Tornado, etc.) not applied to Dominators or Widows? 😞

14 minutes ago, Booper said:

This is not a balance pass for Assault sets, only Blast sets. While we're on the topic, VEATs, Epics, and any other powers that share the same name from Blast sets are also not a part of this pass and won't be considered for this page.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

As someone who's been advocating for buffs to AR since live, I love to see them here. Most excited for the Sniper update tbh as it's painfully slow compared to my other ranged guys.

Personally, I would argue for a target cap increase on Full Auto as well but with that massive cone increase it'll be way easier to hit more foes anyway, and it's gonna feel so much better.

For Ignite/incinerate, I would love to see the "chaining" tech employed here to spread a dot to nearby foes as well. It would make the power really unique and I think the effect would be cool.

For bonus points, add a -def debuff to Full Auto so you can have some synergy in the set between these two updated powers.

11 hours ago, Booper said:

This is not a balance pass for Assault sets, only Blast sets. While we're on the topic, VEATs, Epics, and any other powers that share the same name from Blast sets are also not a part of this pass and won't be considered for this page.

Each patch that does this adds a bit more confusion and inconsistency to me. When a power is changed (powers that share the same name is a interesting way of putting it), that says something about that power that got changed, and having powers of the same name be left out of what those changes are attempting to address doesn't feel good. If the name isn't the indicator for how I can expect a power to consistently behave between all sets that use it, then what attribute is? I assume this is why powers are renamed to begin with in these balance passes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question about the level-less enemies in the Grim Vale War:

Zones

Zone Adjustments
Croatoa:

• Any enemy mobs involved in the Croatoa Vale War event where Eochai and Jack In Irons fight are now set to ignore combat mods, making them level-less and easier to identify which mobs must be defeated to progress or bring the event to its intended conclusion.
  • Eochai and Jack In Iron's solo spawn events now have a Zone Event message that will broadcast when they spawn by themselves.

Question: Does the level-less apply to the mobs that spawn with the non-Gim Vale fight Jack in Irons and Eochai as well? I have been reluctant to test if 100% of their initial spawn needs to also be defeated to get them to respawn (zone geometry, and I don't like leaving things 'unfinished' if it will prevent re-spawns)

I'd prefer if these spawns also appear as level-less, as I feels like they need to be cleared off the map in order to get the GMs to re-spawn. I offer the following anecdotal evidence:

• There can be long periods where Jack in Irons (and to a lesser extent) Eochai don't spawn (outside of the Grim Vale)
  • The mobs that spawn with Jack in Irons (when he isn't spawned 'sleeping') and Eochai (when it isn't spawned in 'tree mode') will scatter wildly... this is especially true of the red caps.

Specific to Jack in Irons and his Red Caps: There have been occasions where I've encountered this spawn when it's been bumbling around parts of the map where Fir Bolg will often zone, and as they have scattered from my character's attacks I have lost aggro on them as they get more interested in the Fir Bolg and never 'came back' to where I expected them to. This behavior reminds me of the 'grand rubble' that will spawn from a Jurassik Rubble... sometimes those (grand-) Rubble can end up some distance from where Jurassik was defeated (typically from knockback, but occasionally for other reasons).

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't see a feedback thread for the badges so I assume this is where it needs to go.

There is an error in the patch notes regarding the 'Pollster' and 'Underdog' badges. The notes currently say this:

• badge_storyarc_houston_H.png.42d5fd808f5fdaaa2f7789a216acd4ff.png - 'Underdog': Complete the Hero-alignment ending of the John Houston story arc, 'Noble Intentions'.
  • badge_storyarc_houston_R.png.1e696a3c685082b4955541f487277c45.png - 'Pollster': Complete the Rogue-alignment ending of the John Houston story arc, 'Noble Intentions'.

'Pollster' is the Hero-alignment badge (based on the badge description text and the internal badge tag) and it uses the icon that says 'VOTE'

'Underdog' is the Rogue-alignment badge (based on the same info) and it uses the blue/red star icon.

A second issue I found is that the icons for 'Pollster', 'Underdog', and 'Loop Hero' do not display properly if the graphics setting 'World Texture Quality' (Options > Graphics and Audio tab > Advanced Graphics Settings section) is set to 'Very Low' or 'Low'. The icons display properly at 'World Texture Quality' settings of 'Medium' or higher. The icon for 'Unforgettable' is not impacted by this setting. Here's a screenshot of what I see (spoilered due to descriptive text visibility):

Spoiler

texture_issues.jpg.d97433c99826c42f5069cd6d31c75b2c.jpg

I can't say for certain, but it looks like the issue might be related to the mipmap flag value issue that I ran into a couple of years ago when I was learning how to make map textures. The graphical anomalies look the same at least. That's just an educated guess, though, and I have no idea what the true cause might be.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ready to try the new Storm Blast power set.

However, I have a question.
After the great modification on several Mastermind Powersets, I was hoping for a new MM set (maybe with women theme cause it's sad to not being able to play a women crew !).
Psychic or Toxic power for a women theme MM will be soooo gooood.

5 minutes ago, TitansHeroGeek said:

After the great modification on several Mastermind Powersets, I was hoping for a new MM set (maybe with women theme cause it's sad to not being able to play a women crew !).

They have further tweaks for MM's in the works before they introduce new MM powersets. I was advocating for us MM's to hopefully see a new set soon though, lol.

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 4/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, TitansHeroGeek said:

Or maybe randomness for the sets that all ready exist?  Thugs, Ninja, and Mercs could easily add female options into the mix.  A new mastermind set is really needed.

Over all, Storm Blast is a blast to play with.  Very powers are creative and it pairs well with Storm Summoning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Aoe chaos was what this game needed.  Personally i think wind control by itself would have been boring.  I'm glad they turned it into Storm blast.. You can never go wrong with Aoe. Always been a  fan of cool screen shaking power effects.  The name Category 5 hits close to home, so looking forward to testing that power.  Only wondering which AT would rock this the best.  

• Thumbs Down 1

• Developer
On 4/7/2023 at 6:44 AM, tidge said:

Question: Does the level-less apply to the mobs that spawn with the non-Gim Vale fight Jack in Irons and Eochai as well? I have been reluctant to test if 100% of their initial spawn needs to also be defeated to get them to respawn (zone geometry, and I don't like leaving things 'unfinished' if it will prevent re-spawns)

I am not sure on this, but I will check and can make them ignore levels as well.

• Thanks 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!