Let's ignore Disney/Marvel/Panderverse

I disagree.

Just as I should not impersonate you, I should not impersonate any works you may have created as my own. It's pretty basic.

Baseline: I'd rather the devs and staff spend their time creating more content and work on keeping the lights on while fending off the numerous infrastructure attacks they face rather than policing players.

It's a free game. It's downloadable and can be setup to run on private server where folks can make up their own rules. To play on Homecoming we agree in advance to specific, and rather reasonable terms. In some contexts that's referred to as a pledge or contract. Even among demons a pledge or contract carries weight.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Screw this dying company sideways. Stan is long gone and his legacy has been shite on by absolute clown-baskets.

This I agree with.

3 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Let people dress how they want in game.

I cannot agree with this part because Disney can still afford lawyers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Fascism in the form of multinational corporations is A-Ok by the [insert preferred identity here]. All things are permissible if they're dressed up real nice. The claim to be the owner of the thoughts and/or ideas and derivatives thereof is arrogance of the highest order. You all play along because it's the only game you know how to play. Maybe you too can be a winner at it one day, hm?... 

The things people do for their gods. In this case, money. Or is it influence? Call it what you will, it's still the same demon. No amount of mental gymnastics will set you free from the bondage you perpetuate on yourselves. 

Happy Ragnarok. 

image_2023-11-08_022219537.thumb.png.6c21749a69eba1666b0568b1c1695bc8.png

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

All is vanity, and grasping for the wind. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble.

IG: @OriginalSpacey

giphy-843696516.gif.a1de21609bac8c4c5fd4dc8022682165.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

*headscratch* So you're okay having the devs being sued so you can dress as Wolverine? You made the math in your head and it was worth it?

image.jpeg.fefbe04ceba50d0950b23901f6b63e86.jpeg

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm not sure what this is all about

3 hours ago, atSpacey said:

The things people do for their gods. In this case, money. Or is it influence? Call it what you will, it's still the same demon. No amount of mental gymnastics will set you free from the bondage you perpetuate on yourselves. 

• Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The definition of a cult is the church next door to yours.

• Haha 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

*headscratch* So you're okay having the devs being sued so you can dress as Wolverine? You made the math in your head and it was worth it?

"So you're okay with being able to dress up as Wolverine for the two weeks it takes Disney's lawyers to issue a C&D order to NCsoft as the IP owner, triggering them out of the state of benign neglect they've had toward the rogue CoH servers and issuing C&D orders of their own, forcing all the rogue servers to shut down (or at least go underground), cutting off the game from everyone and ruining things for thousands of people for a brief satisfaction on your part?"

FTFY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Fighting the urge to call a couple people loonies, it's hard. I mean, we skirt the bears den as is, why start chucking firecrackers in there? I guess some people really do just want to watch the world burn.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

9 hours ago, eldriyth said:

Screw this dying company sideways. Stan is long gone and his legacy has been shite on by absolute clown-baskets. Let people dress how they want in game.

"Beware the voice without a face."

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, Skyhawke said:

I guess some people really do just want to watch the world burn.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Disney helped a lot during WW2, and produced masses of ally propaganda when it was needed, at cost, and effective loss.

epcot design was like a cellular replicable template, and some of the designs are pretty stunning even today.

they helped the US gov a lot, theyre more than likely not going anywhere.

Walt was insane, depressed, and abused of mind. a lot wrong, a lot wrong view, but in act, to win hearts and minds away from realized horrors, contributory to avoiding far worse that lurks in the mind of (hu)Man. imo, at any rate.

you cant dress up and impersonate copyrighted things on HC, its not nice, and strictly(ish) forbidden.

While I am not a fan of corporate overlords and all that. Creative copyright is still a thing and should be upheld not for big corps, but for the artists themselves, as it gives them the tools to help against people abusing and taking advantage of this work. 

Since this game is already in the grey area of IP copyright and artistic copyright it is best to let sleeping dogs lie. There are other servers that will fill this need if you want, but you are poking the bear or Mouse in this terms. Companies like that are very crucial to their IP and identity, while they may ignore this place for now making reasons for them to look this way is dumb.

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

Have any of you ever dealt with nonprofit overlords?  They're too busy sniffing each other's asses to actually get anything done, and if you expect to be fairly compensated for work done on their behalf, they give you moon eyes and start rubbing their bellies to give the impression they're starving. Give me corporate overlords six days a week and twice on Sunday.

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!