Favorite Players: Heroes & Villians

This year's recipient will be honored with an in game statue and a 3 mission arc.

Make your nominations. A poll for finalists will be presented by month's end.

spacer.png

2oth Anniversary Favorite Players

Spoiler

image.png.d02a04e0ab647135159c90aa5edb5a9c.png

Edited by Troo
  • Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

- reserved -

• Banjo 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

- reserved -

• Banjo 1

I would like to nominate myself. But I cannot. It would not be right.  There needs to be a statue of Snarky in at least 5 zones.  Also, Snarky needs to be a contact in Dark Astoria offering a 35-50 TF, with reg, Master, 1, 2, and 4 star alternate badges/special rewards.  

Oh, and the statues need to be in special buildings, parthenon like so always covered from the sun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Left 1
  • Thumbs Right 1
  • Banjo 1

I can think of a lot, but I’ll go with @LordRassilon, for all his great work through Twitch. My Lord constantly raises the profile on all parts of the game, to include the always overlooked, supremely underrated AE Story Focused arcs created by this amazing community. Since he tends to be up late at night and cannot be present for this award, I will be happy to secure it an put it in an honored location on my metaphorical shelf. 🙂

(Yes, I know. April fools. But still any chance I get…) 🙂

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

2 minutes ago, cranebump said:

I can think of a lot, but I’ll go with @LordRassilon, for all his great work through Twitch. My Lord constantly Raises the profile on all parts of the game, to include the always overlooked, supremely underrated AE Story Focused arcs created by this amazing community. Since he tends to be up late at night and cannot be present for this award, I will be happy to secure it an put it in and honored location on my metaphorical shelf. 🙂

(Yes, I know. April fools. But still any chance I get…) 🙂

On this note, I'll cast my votes for @Zhym and @TerroirNoir2 for their continued support and amplification of AE writers.

• Like 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

My nomination goes to the Way Better Than @Jimmy cat who hangs out with my Dark/Martial dominator.  He's the real player, I'm just his wing-person.  Yeah, I have to do all of the hard work, but it's worth it for the opportunity to spend time with him.

Thanks, little buddy, for allowing me to be your pal.  Love ya.

screenshot_240401-14-09-55.thumb.jpg.b443f2fadd6bd56b4aa648139f01db9e.jpg

• Like 3
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

my nomination is for LadyGrams who runs teams through Hollows and other low level arcs day in and day out.

They make a new character every few days it seems and start over.

Not a lot of people make teams and they do it all the time.

Edit: I posted this, went in game and the first comment in LFG was Lady Grams starting a Posi 1 

Edited by DougGraves
it tied the whole room together
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

I'll throw a nomination to @Yomo Kimyata, as their 100 mil refund program has substantially helped quite a few people out that were short on influence. Sure the influence finds its way back to Yomo, and it might be counterfeit to begin with, but several people I've talked to say it spends all the same.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

I nominate everyone who's had a hand in keeping this game alive.

If you're reading this, I include you, because it was the fans, ultimately, that gave everyone the legs to get us where we are today.

Sincerely, thank you all for making our game a great place to be!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Microphone 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I'll throw a nomination to @Yomo Kimyata, as their 100 mil refund program has substantially helped quite a few people out that were short on influence. Sure the influence finds its way back to Yomo, and it might be counterfeit to begin with, but several people I've talked to say it spends all the same.

I also vote for @Yomo Kimyata

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

4 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I got you, bloodsucker.  I'd like to nominate both @Snarky and @Luminara.  They continue to provide the community with both information and extreme amusement.

This is revenge for the eleventy billion Interrupt enhancements, isn't it.

Still not sorry.  It was funny.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I'd say @ChiliBear for all his hard work wrangling raids but I don't know if he even frequents here.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Banjo 1

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Throw @cranebump into the pile of people, they've done a lot for the AE community, which most of you monsters completely ignore! 

Wait, that probably isn't the proper tone to take here ha ha...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I want to nominate the amazing @ChiliBear of Everlasting! 

The favorite bear who everyone knows, he runs events and TFs, leads the 7:30 MSR, and can be found at nearly every event.  

He found me in PocketD, dragged me around to meet what seemed like half of the server, and led to a big majority of the friendships I have developed on Everlasting. 
Everyone knows its him when he calls out

He donates regularly to player run events, appropriately he put in 23 billion inf into donates for bountys and constume prize pools for 2023.

During MSRs, he does a player spotlight on different people, letting everyone know the good things they are doing for the community and helping the place feel welcoming to new players.  For a while right after the licensing announcement as new players flooded in he hung out handing people free money to get started.

He has recently been injured and in the hospital, and when I get on, I have to field many questions from people wanting an update on how he is doing and if he is feeling better.  He has pushed himself to still occasionally make it back and lead events despite the pain (And my admonishments to take his pills and that we can cover for him) and the outpouring of love for him is amazing.

"Chili Bear Wuv Yew! YAY!"

image.png

image2.png

Edited by Porche
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

17 minutes ago, Porche said:

I want to nominate the amazing @ChiliBear of Everlasting! 

The favorite bear who everyone knows, he runs events and TFs, leads the 7:30 MSR, and can be found at nearly every event.  

He found me in PocketD, dragged me around to meet what seemed like half of the server, and led to a big majority of the friendships I have developed on Everlasting. 
Everyone knows its him when he calls out

He donates regularly to player run events, appropriately he put in 23 billion inf into donates for bountys and constume prize pools for 2023.

During MSRs, he does a player spotlight on different people, letting everyone know the good things they are doing for the community and helping the place feel welcoming to new players.  For a while right after the licensing announcement as new players flooded in he hung out handing people free money to get started.

He has recently been injured and in the hospital, and when I get on, I have to field many questions from people wanting an update on how he is doing and if he is feeling better.  He has pushed himself to still occasionally make it back and lead events despite the pain (And my admonishments to take his pills and that we can cover for him) and the outpouring of love for him is amazing.

image.png

image2.png

Chili Bear is indeed a great and outstanding player, worthy of high honors. I second (or third) this nomination.

• Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1