Wealth - How to spend?

Obus Form

30 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Sure thing, Wilco.

Would you feel comfortable sharing your Global(s) for the Inf to be dropped in to your inbox(es)?

I have sent you a private message.

To not be entirely self motivated, and on topic, other candidates for donations could possibly be found in such places as the Reconnect forum https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/47-reconnect/

• Thanks 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

On 3/23/2020 at 4:53 PM, Pizzamurai said:

The bigger question, as someone with serious alt-itis, is how do you guys make so much money? Like, 1 billion per week? Are you making it by like fire farming or are you playing the AH and stepping on a bunch of little guys to keep the prices up and your profits large or... selling yourself in pocket d?

This section of the forum lays it out clearly. Several strategies. 

Some will afk-farm with 2-3 accounts at the same time. Depending on the map, they may check in every 10-15 minutes, start another map, craft, convert, sell the drops. 

Some will buy a super pack for 10 million in stacks of 10 or 100. Open them, and simply sell all the ATOs for anywhere from 1 inf to 10M, depending on ATO and strategy (and competition in the AH for that ATO listing)

I like the pvp IOs. The recipes are selling for...lately, 2-4 million, and at level 10, they cost less than 4k to craft, plus maybe 600k in total salvage to craft. Converters are cheap now, if you lack the merits to get them. Even at 100k per converter, if you use 15 converters per IO, you'd still make bank on the sale at 10m per. If you got a proc - 3% Def Glad, 5% res Shield Wall, Panacea +end/Hitpoints, you'll do even better. 

When you bid on each recipe, looking for 5 of each at a certain price, and the next day you have over 80 of them to craft, convert and list...you can make billions very quickly.  Just depends on how often you want to check in with your marketing character. I made 5 billion this week just checking in a couple times a day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2020 at 5:57 AM, RogerWilco said:

Might I selfishly suggest giving some to new players.

When I joined in late 2010, I got a donation from "Biscuits Deluxe" and "amasing flame" as a new player. It allowed me and my friends to start a Super Group, build a base and get in on the Auction House/Black Market and crafting. It was so important to our starting experience that I can still tell you the names of these players 10 years later.

I only discovered the game's return this week, and after telling my friends, I now have four of them installing the game this weekend. 🙂

I like this idea, but I'm also lazy. So if someone can provide me names I'll gladly contribute to a new player fund. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

I like this idea, but I'm also lazy. So if someone can provide me names I'll gladly contribute to a new player fund. 

ImpiousVileTerror has set me and my friends up quite nicely with a starter fund. 🙂

I didn't know Super Groups and bases are now free 😄

Other candidates for donations could possibly be found in such places as the Reconnect forum https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/47-reconnect/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

On 3/21/2020 at 3:46 AM, Obus Form said:

How do you spend your wealth?

- Sit in email

- Maximized into your assets in the market via 200 slots/toon x 30 toons per server

- Donate to your SG

- Fund all your alts

On what/how do you spend your influence?

And if the Devs could/would add, what items/costumes/powers would you suggest as influence sinks/displays of wealth?

As a Mainoholic/min-maxer, I ask because boredom is settling in after 10 months of wealth accumulation without new shinies.

Fund new AT ideas and projects.

Sitting in your email does nothing. It's not like it gains interest. Easy enough to get more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxzero said:

(Quoting Obus Form) And if the Devs could/would add, what items/costumes/powers would you suggest as influence sinks/displays of wealth?

I would love to be able to buy the accolade powers at P2W.  I don't care about the badges that accompany them, just the powers themselves.  I'd pay good money for that.

Funding alts and sending the occasional 100m to friends and family...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I was toying around with a similar thought Monday.  "The Ebil Philanthropists".   A group that gives out wealth to the needy.   I was stuck on how to figure out who the needy were.  I had thought of a forum post where folks could post their global and get a donation from a random member or members, but so many don't even know the forum exists.   Any ideas?

• Like 2

Since I've stacked up more than I'll ever need myself... and with a friend recently tossing a chunk of INF at me with the message "Help me spend this!"... I've taken to gifting attuned procs and specials to people.

I love to run my support characters with mid-level teams, and I've always looked at people's character information panes when I do that... reading bios, seeing what badges they have and that kind of thing... These days, if I notice that the character doesn't have, say, any Perf Shifters or Gamblers or a Numi special listed among their IOs (and you wouldn't believe how many people I've come across, with characters in the mid-to-late 30's, who don't have any IO set bits at all-), I'll grab a goodie or two from my email stash and drop 'em on them. Usually with a /tell to the tune of "As thanks for making the City fun!"

It's made some people grin... and the City can never have too many budding proc-fans. XD 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 6/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, Coyotedancer said:

Since I've stacked up more than I'll ever need myself... and with a friend recently tossing a chunk of INF at me with the message "Help me spend this!"... I've taken to gifting attuned procs and specials to people.

I love to run my support characters with mid-level teams, and I've always looked at people's character information panes when I do that... reading bios, seeing what badges they have and that kind of thing... These days, if I notice that the character doesn't have, say, any Perf Shifters or Gamblers or a Numi special listed among their IOs (and you wouldn't believe how many people I've come across, with characters in the mid-to-late 30's, who don't have any IO set bits at all-), I'll grab a goodie or two from my email stash and drop 'em on them. Usually with a /tell to the tune of "As thanks for making the City fun!"

It's made some people grin... and the City can never have too many budding proc-fans. XD 

I do this with KB to KD attuned IO’s, PerfShifter +END, Numina/Miracle and Kismet +ACC.  It’s pretty apparent when leading a “All levels welcomed” PUG who is having significant issues with END, knockback all over the place or even missing constantly.  I simply xfer the IO and a couple of Enhancement Unslotters over to the individual, ask them to trust me and try slotting them in the right places (using the unslotter to pull out whatever they have in there) and if they don’t like it, use the second unslotter to yank it back out at end of our time together.  I tell them to keep the IO if they don’t want it and pass it on or sell it.  

I have made a LOT of in-game friends doing this.  Selfishly, it makes my game more enjoyable also because dead teammates, or those who simply can’t contribute fully, aren’t a lot of fun.  But I do enjoy introducing people to the joy of learning how to make a build perform to it’s best.

It’s also handy to keep a few Celerity stealths around for same reason.  I have never had someone say anything other than a big thanks.  Sometimes I’ll buy 100 at a time and just stand near Miss Liberty and hand them out like candy to the lower levels.  Always seems appreciated.

I’d honestly rather give someone advice in real time, and the means to use it, than a stack of influence.  Makes for a better player base IMHO.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 months later
On 3/23/2020 at 4:53 PM, Pizzamurai said:

The bigger question, as someone with serious alt-itis, is how do you guys make so much money? Like, 1 billion per week? Are you making it by like fire farming or are you playing the AH and stepping on a bunch of little guys to keep the prices up and your profits large or... selling yourself in pocket d?

When I was trying to amass influence, this is how I did it, but keep in mind, the market is fluid; the opportunities I took advantage of may not exist anymore. 

After about 3 months of playing, I made a 2nd account. Primary account lent the secondary just enough to get SOs. I planned on doing certain things for accolades, and the rest through a fire farm. 

But - before that - 

I would take merits and get catalysts. Sell the catalysts for 5m. (Well, 4,777,777, but I'd routinely get 5m.)  This is just not going to happen now. Too much competition in the market, unless some crazy person wants to buy them all up - but even then, with all the farmers, they drop routinely, so any hike in price wouldn't last long. 

Then, I noticed that Superior Brute ATOs were selling for 20m to even 30m! So, as many hero packs as I could afford, I bought. I converted them from whatever the ATO was into a brute ATO. Unslotted my superior ATO,  slotted the new ATO, catalyzed it, making it superior, then listed the superior I had unslotted to the AH. I did this to the tune of several billion over the course of a month. 

I had never paid much attention to Winter-Os until I had made the farmer on the second account. Before I learned, I was running everything at +1/8, and had heal on auto instead of burn. I did look on the forums for fire farm builds, but those builds didn't look like they'd survive in non-game content. My farmers do; and they can handle the afk-farm at +4/8. They may not clear an asteroid map in a minute, but two minutes if I'm paying attention is plenty fast enough. 

The other thing I do - and it's where I've made probably the majority of my influence has been in pvp IOs. 

I started with just active bidding - which means, I'd creep my bid upward until I bought something, as I was eager to make the inf! 
I'd open up the AH, bid on level 10 PvP recipes, mostly Javelin Volley. For whatever reason, folks listed those more cheaply than others. I'd get them for about 4m usually. Then I'd craft and convert to a pvp proc (glad armor 3%, Panacea +HP/End, Shield Wall 5% res) and list them for 9.7m, when everyone else seemed to be posting them high enough to get 11-12m. To me - 10M was a nice starting number, nice and round, which made the math easy for me. 

A level 10 pvp IO recipe will craft for about 6k. The level 50...around 500k. So each one, given the odd way the HC devs have the market configured into various buckets, I saved close to 500k for each one I made. 
On the salvage, I started just buying what I needed. No sense in having inventory taking up space or influence. I wasn't sure how this would go, but it certainly seemed like a good way to make some inf. The procs (unlike now) sold instantly. 
4m, plus 6k crafting cost, plus 500-600k for a rare salvage piece, 4-10k for two uncommons, and 600 inf for 2 common salvage. All in, just less than 5m, selling for 10m. Double my inf. 

Once I saw how fast those went, I got a bit bolder, and began passive bidding, in lieu of active bidding. I still had plenty of badges to get on the primary account, the active bidding took too much time. 

So, I began first to bid on 5 of each type of common salvage in the lower level tiers, 5 of each of the uncommons, and 5 of each of the rare salvage, and would leave them in the AH, with 5 of each in my inventory on my character. 

Then I bid 4m on each and every level 10 pvp IO. I was able to check in twice a day, craft, convert, sell.  I soon realized that I was losing money by not checking in more often, as there were never any that hadn't sold. 

No sooner had I opted to check back in 3x a day, I found that none of my passive bids had gone through. As you know - marketers are ebil. They will see past history of 4,000,000 winning the recipes, and they will come behind you and place a bid for 4,000,001. Gradually, winning bids on recipes rose from about 4, to close to 6m. Then the price of the procs rose to about 12-14m. 

This went on for a bit, but after the higher prices seemed to hold, bidding 6m and getting 12-14m was even better. So, I then put passive bids of 5 of each pvp IO recipe. I then went and started low-balling attuned PvP IOs on  another character that I would check on only once a week. Oddly - some folks pay the recipe prices no mind, and craft them and sell them as cheap as some recipes. Maybe they lacked the inf to get full value, or just listed at 1 inf like a foolish person who only cares about playing the game and not the market at all. Their loss was my gain. Buy at 5m, convert, sell at 10.7m 

Then it happened. I added up all the inf I had across the accounts and exceeded 100 Billion, which I'm learning lately is more than enough - but not even close to what some of you have amassed. Like not even close. I suspect that some of you more focused folks have closer to 1 trillion than 100 Billion. But that's just conjecture. When I'm spending a lot of time getting badges, many of you are laughing at how foolish I am and making serious bank. 

So...that's a LOT of damn words, but the question HOW was asked. And this was how. 

On 8/23/2020 at 10:58 PM, Ukase said:

Then it happened. I added up all the inf I had across the accounts and exceeded 100 Billion, which I'm learning lately is more than enough - but not even close to what some of you have amassed. Like not even close. I suspect that some of you more focused folks have closer to 1 trillion than 100 Billion. But that's just conjecture. When I'm spending a lot of time getting badges, many of you are laughing at how foolish I am and making serious bank. 

So...that's a LOT of damn words, but the question HOW was asked. And this was how. 

Nice!  

i don’t think anyone has a trillion, and I don’t think very many people have even a mere 100bn, so I’d put you in rare company!

Who run Bartertown?

17 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Nice!  

i don’t think anyone has a trillion, and I don’t think very many people have even a mere 100bn, so I’d put you in rare company!

I kind of wish HC would come up with a way to actually use the banks in paragon as a repository for the wealth accumulated, accessible by any alt on our accounts. But we already have a badge leaderboard. Too many leaderboards, and folks might get frustrated. 

• 4 weeks later
On 8/26/2020 at 10:18 AM, Ukase said:

I kind of wish HC would come up with a way to actually use the banks in paragon as a repository for the wealth accumulated, accessible by any alt on our accounts. But we already have a badge leaderboard. Too many leaderboards, and folks might get frustrated. 

I agree! And then my villains can take the Inf directly out of the hero banks rather than make it on the market.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:49 AM, tidge said:

I agree! And then my villains can take the Inf directly out of the hero banks rather than make it on the market.

This would actually be a kind of interesting idea though, if it could be implemented. Players "deposit" funds into a bank vault, throughout a week period (say, Tuesday to Monday, with clearing done on server maintenance) robberies are weighed against successful saves. If more robberies occurred, the thieves will have successfully stolen funds from the bank accordingly, and receive their due. If more banks are saved, as a thank you to those protecting the financial well-being of Paragon will receive a reward.

• 1%* of total deposit will be "withheld" as a "bank fee", and will only incur at time of funds deposit
  • Total deposit that can be made per character cannot exceed 1,500,000,000
  • For each successful robbery or save on a corresponding character, they will earn 0.10%* of the total grand (everyone's) deposit towards their theft or reward
  • No character can earn a reward or steal a cut from the bank greater than their personal total deposit value
    • Exception to this: If Robberies take the week, the top 5% of all thieves (those who committed the most bank robberies, exclusive to one character per player account) will receive a flat 1% bonus cut of the grand deposit, as is for Villains, they take because they do not have, and seek to be rewarded for their efforts in stealing from Paragon's elite by being the best of the worst!
  • Payout for the reward, or the return of their cut, will be added to the character's deposit and roll forward towards the next week's values unless...
  • Deposit holdings cannot exceed 2,000,000,000, and any amount may be withdrawn at any time.

*subject to change based on how the math really rolls on that

Edit: More to come on this, looking at some logistics.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
  • Like 1