Where do your mains “live?”

cranebump

I’ve always envisioned my main, Acrobattle, as being a denizen of King’s Row. Owns a bakery. Married, with a kid following in his footsteps (Acrobattery). His wife is an ex-villain turned Vig, turned Hero (I intend on playing her in the near future).

Now, Gym Beam? Well, he ain’t from Paragon, but he got here as fast as he could. He’s based in Skyway, cause the rents cheap! Never got married, but came close a couple times. He’s mainly attached to his hat and his BFG these days.

Glogre? He’s got a place in Faultline, sprucing up an entire floor of one of the abandoned buildings. He’s a loner who spends a lot of time patrolling the city. Friends with Acrobattle, so you’ll find him in Kings a lot.

What about you? Where do your toons call home?

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I have a few main archetypes.  Strongman, Undead, Robot.  Sometimes a weird mix.  Oh, and brain in a jar, always wrapped up in both robot parts and usually death energy.

My current 'main' is a Dark Dark Brute, "minor death" or "reaper" who hung up his sickle and struck out on his own.  He currently resides mostly in Ouroboros.  Although he has yet to join and do the story arc.  He is truly an outsider.  I have no doubt he will join, he is a badger, but it will be once he understands a bit more about the con job the Menders are running.  Until then, he watches.  Also a good place to join groups getting more incarnate power.

In my head canon Paragon City offers the option to house heroes in various city zones in the (vain?) hope of cutting down street crime...  Silver Sting lives in one such, a basic apartment in King's Row.  From his point of view, as a vigilante, that also puts him usefully close to some of the City's less savory elements. 

On the other hand, thanks to his mother and father's stature, Doc Scorpion rates a nice place in Founder's Falls.  But he spends very little time there.  For the same historical reasons he also rates a room in the Officer's Quarters of the Vanguard Base...  and that's where he spends much of his time.  (He also has rooms in the Scorpion Squadron base, but almost never uses them.)

Omega Inferno's official address is on Central Park in New York City.  When in Paragon, he rents a suite of rooms at one of the luxury hotels in Atlas Park.  When not 'officially' in Paragon, he makes use of the quarters in the Scorpion Squadron base.  (Omega is all about image, and carefully cultivates the media.)

Though the group is named after the Doc, Atomic Earthquake is the de facto day-to-day operational commander of the Scorpion Squadron and maintains rooms at the base.  While the living quarters are normally entered through a lobby/foyer area - his room has a door that opens directly to the base's operations area.

That's the only ones I've actually got a detailed enough backstory on.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Most of my magi live in the Sanctum of Shadows, Tavaris' otherworldly lake house...That would include Tav himself, Kaikara, Artemian and Ajda, along with Andris and his sister Narada, as well as their Thorn Wielders Semnai and Ferrian, Semnai's sword Xhelethe, the magi's airship Karnaim and the Sanctum's keystone ward, Aegis of Serenity.

A few of my magi AREN'T Sanctum residents, though...

Amtes and Edratarees are from the Temple of Primeva in Nerva.

Niari (Restless Ghost), the Thorn Wielder who's lost her blade, doesn't actually have a home. She wanders. Likewise Tahlim (Abyssal Blade), the sword she lost. Like his owner, he's a nomad... They're each out looking for the other, but the world is a big place and SOMETHING seems determined to keep them apart. They're too driven to settle anywhere.

The Nova Primeva time travelers are also independent of the Sanctum... Olympia and Morgan (Code Merlin and Code Mordred) have an apartment in one of the high-rise buildings in Steel, while the Stanton twins (Lasya and Dorian. aka Graceful Ivory Mask and Gentleman Spectre) have a brownstone in Founders.

Of the non-Oranbegan characters, Mina (WInterlight) is a native of Salamanca and still lives at home while she's attending university there. Her Tuatha friend Carwyn lives in Croatoa as well, though he occasionally manages to escape the influence of the mists long enough to wander elsewhere. Shonokin has also taken up residence in the village. He's just not comfortable in the city proper. 'Much too noisy and crowded for a country boy from the backwoods of Eastern Tennessee.

Since she's supposed to be a witch's cat who's using purloined magic to look more human, I suspect Snickerdoodles is from somewhere in that neighborhood as well. 

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Hmm.  Would this not be appropriate as a thread in the Roleplay board?

All the same . . . mains.

Main Hero doesn't live anywhere, since Its undead.  *rimshot*  All the same, being an extradimensional entity and not requiring concerns such as traditional food or rest, there isn't a singular location It would call "home."

Main Villain has a cozy little island fortress to the south of the main Etoile Islands.  She has a rather large family and a private personal military force, and would be an island dictator if there were any civilization infrastructure on her little slice of paradise.

I then have about another 80 to 90 characters who don't also live on said island.  Kings Row and Port Oakes are two popular places of residence for my characters.  There's also one named Mercy who lives on Mercy Island (harkens to a rude joke).  A couple of my characters may live in Founders' Falls and St. Martial, though I haven't solidified that yet for those characters.  I have a Hero Group which is decidedly homeless; though Kings Row, Skyway City, and Brickstown are their typical haunts.  None of my characters are so awful as to live in Steel Canyon.  And while it's a point of contention within the roleplay community, I happen to fall in to the category of players who believes that there are neighbourhoods beyond the Warwalls which -have- been reclaimed and rebuilt, but are merely not represented with in-game Zones.  I know that some other players vehemently disagree with this, and state that it's their belief that anything that's not expressly shown as an in-game zone is essentially a Mad Max wasteland.

Hmm . . . overall I think I want to give the question some more thought.  I have quite a few characters who I just haven't really -thought- about which part of the cities they actually live in.

Hawkmoth is usually in two places, either looting the wealthy-but-corrupt homes of Paragon City (founders falls is usually where the goodies are) or pawning said loot in a Rogue Isles Black Market.

Sentryman struggles to be the centre of attention, so he's often photobombing his heroics in Atlas Park, doing all he can not to slip into decadent irrelevence.

Diregrin is hopelessly lost in her confused undead state.

Most of my mains have ties to Cimerora.  In actual play, too; that's where they usually go to log out.  The Amazon Army base is on one of the Talos outlying islands, though; it has diplomatic status.  Heraclea says, 'Cimerora is where we go to be at home.  Warrior Earth is where we spend the weekend.'

• Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

For some I had a vague idea but I'd never really thought about it for my main, oddly enough. In line with a lot of people in thread I guess Hissatsuman would be in some run-down apartment in Kings Row and runs a karate dojo downstairs for local kids to get them off the streets and not getting involved with Skulls, dyne, or getting zapped by Clockwork.

Ecoman is the personification of all the greenery in Atlas Park (but is unaware of this fact), so when not heroing he just kind of dissipates in that general area.

I dunno where my villains would live. Where in the Rogue Isles is nice?

Edited by Dreamboat

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

Most of my toons call "home" the zone they operate in, in relation to their origins and/or approach to crime-fighting : my speedster comes from the suburbs of Skyway and tends to run on its highways, my Spider-Man homage is attending the University at Steel Canyon, my amphibian hero tends to stick around waterfronts like IP and Talos... and so on. As a consequence, I make each of my toon take up Tip missions in their "home" zone, for added head RP.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dreamboat said:

I dunno where my villains would live. Where in the Rogue Isles is nice?

Perhaps not in the same sense a villain would consider living, but Longbow does a good job keeping the southern end of Nerva in pretty good shape.  Biggest worry there would be getting abducted by Crey nearby I think.  Cap Au Diable isn't bad either if you don't mind people with jetpacks breaking into your appartment and stealing your electronics periodically, or the demon that's plugged into the power grid.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Wild Claw resides in a 40' ISO "high cube" shipping container that he 'renovated' using salvage from a bunch of wrecked RVs (probably from a RV sales lot) in the Hollows. Currently the container is hidden away in Independence Port, but he moves it around occasionally to keep his sleeping place secret. He has some trust issues...

Back on live, I tried to build that out as a base, but couldn't really work it out at the time. I should make another attempt now.

Edited by Wild Claw

54 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Perhaps not in the same sense a villain would consider living, but Longbow does a good job keeping the southern end of Nerva in pretty good shape.  Biggest worry there would be getting abducted by Crey nearby I think.  Cap Au Diable isn't bad either if you don't mind people with jetpacks breaking into your appartment and stealing your electronics periodically, or the demon that's plugged into the power grid.

...I think I'm just gonna say they use their ill-gotten riches to fund a permanent room at the Golden Giza.

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

2 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Bung, my main Darkness/Stone Dom, lives on the head of the statue next to Maria Jenkins. That is where she logs out, does her market stuff, and sleeps. Once someone was trespassing when I logged in and they were AFK. So I read their fortune and summoned all my pets and they fell off my balcony.

Oh we're talking where our characters actually live in-game.

Obus Erectus, my main, lives on DJ Zero's speaker in Pocket D.  I Foot Stomp to indicate dominance over my territory.  

You shall not pass!

Edited by Obus Form
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

Oh we're talking where our characters actually live in-game.

Obus Erectus, my main, lives on DJ Zero's speaker in Pocket D.  I Foot Stomp to indicate dominance over my territory.  

You shall not pass!

Your main would get along well with mine. Bung shakes the ground when she walks and likes to jump up and smash the ground or punch it.

Uru created a demiplane and meshed it with a neighborhood on the east side in Kallisti Wharf.   It appears to just be part of a normal street frontage featuring a brownstone townhouse next to a Rikti War memorial.   Not immediately or obviously weird in the slightest, until you look for it on a map and find that it doesn't exist on the map, GPS can't locate it and how nobody Uru doesn't want to find it can locate it even on foot. 

Go inside and there's an elevator that goes nowhere but Floor 5.   The lobby is drab, largely empty except for a couple of chairs and a coffee table strewn with magazines from the 1920's-1990's.   All of the magazines feature articles discussing gardening. They are all gardening magazines.  Tea, tea sets and dolls evoking a sense of 'uncanny valley' are also often to be found upon the magazine's pages, though this tendency ceases completely in magazines dated after 1981.

Floor 5 is Uru's flat.   It is spacious, comfortably appointed and modestly luxurious, though by no means opulent.   The warm fragrance of baked goods, pastries and cooked meats or vegetables always lingers in the air, and everything looks pretty much normal until you look closely at certain things. 

There is an inconspicuous crack in the wall near the entrance door.  A fern has been tastefully arranged in front of it.  

Should you find yourself in Uru's house, and should you therein espy the crack in the wall behind the tastefully arranged fern, you should pay it no heed.   Under no circumstances should you go look through the crack.   

You definitely should not go into the crack, even if you hear phantasmal music and almost-voices that seem to be beckoning you.  There's no telling where you'll wind up, skulking around in strange fissures, and the proprietess extends no promises that, should you fail to heed these admonitions, that you will like what you find or ever be seen again.   She has very little to say about what condition you might be seen in, in the event that you go through the crack and are, later, seen again.

You should definitely have a seat in the nicely appointed dining or sitting area, help yourself to a pastry and a beverage from the conveniently self-replenishing snack bar and ignore the crack in reality behind the tastefully arranged fern.

The fern is trying to protect you.   Unfortunately, ferns are not very good at protecting things and it will do nothing to prevent you from crawling curiously into whatever split seams in existence there may or may not happen to be hidden (badly) behind it's slender, fronded body.  

It only wants what's best for you.  Wouldn't you enjoy a nice apple fritter and a cup of cocoa instead of ill-advised explorations of structural anomalies in the fabric of reality?

Could you not perchance be persuaded to enjoy a beer and a blintz if apple fritters and cocoa just aren't to your liking?

The fern knows what awaits you.   It pleads in silent, ancient fern languages for you to understand that it is your curiosity that is your worst enemy, and that there cannot possibly be anything you will want or could ever need behind the badly hidden crack in the wall.

The fern understands, but it cannot prevent you from doing what you will.  It cannot stand in the way of free will, of hubris, of madness or of small animals that are captivated by phantasmal sounds only they can hear emitting from the fissure.

The weather is always non-existent outside of Uru's House.  It never rains.  It is never cloudy.  It is never daytime.   The uncaring sun sees nothing that happens here, though while within Uru's home, cheerful sunlight is always filtering through the massive windows.  It is always Sunny in Kallisti Wharf when looking from the inside out.   

It is never sunny when standing outside of Uru's home.   

The stars never blink.  They never move.  They are not your stars, and their passive vibrations sing a haunting song written in alien starlight.  They sing of times that cannot happen, of Never Was and of strange, vaguely humanoid entities that evoke an overwhelming sense of 'uncanny valley'; of silence that has never been broken and of broken silences that can never, ever, not -ever- be mended again.

Ignore the 1984 red Caddilac convertible crashed into the fence dividing Uru's driveway from the Rikti War Memorial.  If you do not look it in the eye, it will not feel threatened, and will almost certainly do you no harm.

Edited by Uruare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sei Fude, my Warshade, lives in the sea. Possibly in a pineapple, who knows.

Snookered, my Staff/Nrg Brute frequents the pool halls of Bricks and Founders. Pool is probably as close as he'll get in Paragon City and he's a robot so doesnt need a place to crash.

Mombie, my Necro/Nature mastermind definitely lives at the edge of Perez Paek where theres.plenty of green spaces for the children to run around and plenty of low level gang members available as snacks for hungry wee ones.

Iron Brew, my War Mace/Rad probably Founders too with all the construction going on. A wrench comes in handy since he's still got a sideline plumbing.

Carnifax, Croatoa without a doubt. Plenty of leylines for an Imp to feed on.

Activ-808, Time/Sonic Troll DJ has a pad in Talos since that's where the best clubs are. And possibly a crash space in St Martial too. 

2 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

What's a "main"?

Image result for I see what you did there gif

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer