Weekly Discussion 72: Build Your Own Pool Power

GM Miss

• Retired Lead Game Master

Hey guys! Last week we talked about Regeneration! 

Weekly discussion 72 Week 10/11/20-10/17/20
YOU VOTED: Let's build our own Pool Powers!

Things to think about:
>Work by yourself or in a team! 
>Make sure to give all the details you can! List powers, animations, numbers, etc! 
>Think about balance and not making it to over or under powered.
>What pool powers would you like to see from Homecoming?

Want to know how I formatted last time we did this with power sets?
Check here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/22120-weekly-discussion-65-build-your-own-powerset-suggestions/
Or here: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/22387-weekly-discussion-67-suggestions-epic-pool-powers/

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?

Please forgive any obvious mistakes, this is the first time I’ve posted something like this.

Wealth/Resources

-Bribery: Target is placated and returns to its original position. Will not attack unless damaged. Doesn’t expire. Click. Range: 30 ft. Duration: special. Recharge 1 minute.

-Payoff: Target attacks allies. Will not attack unless damaged. Will turn on hero/villain once all allies in immediate vicinity are defeated. Range: 30 ft. Click. Duration: special. Recharge 3 minutes.

-Call in a Favor: Summons a policeman (hero) or thug (villain) who will fight as an ally for 3 minutes. Range: 60 ft. Click. Duration: 3 minutes. Recharge: 6 minutes.

-Buy Prototype Armor: Gives hero/villain an armored vest that will take a percent of damage dealt to them from each attack. Vest is destroyed after taking x damage (scales with level) or going 3 minutes without taking damage. Click. Range: self. Duration: special or 3 minutes. Recharge: 1 minute.

-Buy Prototype Weapon: Gives hero/villain high tech rifle (or handgun). Does high damage for a limited time before it breaks. Click. Range: self. Duration: 3 minutes. Recharge: 2 minutes.

• Like 7

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

Again, please forgive any obvious mistakes.

Intellect

-Calculated Defense:  +Def vs targeted foe until foe is down. Ends when hero takes damage. Click. Duration: special. Recharge: 1 minute.

-Find Weakness: Significant increase in damage for next attack. Click. Duration: next attack. Recharge: 45 seconds. Doesn’t begin recharge cycle until next attack is completed.

-Predict Movement: Extend range (a percentage of each power’s normal range) and small +AC for short time. Click. Duration: 10 seconds. Recharge: 45 seconds.

-Calculate Disbursement: Hero/villain can calculate where enemies will be stationed. Target selection is not blocked by walls for a short distance. Click. Range: 150 ft. Duration: 2 minutes. Recharge: 30 seconds.

• Like 5

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

1 minute ago, summers said:

I just want to say I absolutely love the creativity of WhiteDwarf's power pool ideas!!

Thank you so much. I was a game designer (tabletop RPGs) for several years.  I love writing this kind of stuff.

Straight from the official City of Heroes forums, it's the triumphant return of the Pants Power Pool!

Pants

• Summer Shorts: This light garment offers unrestricted freedom of movement, allowing you to run faster and jump higher than more constraining articles of clothing. (Run Speed, Jump Height, and Jump Speed boost)
  • Corduroy Slacks: The unique texture and material of these pants produces an annoying sound as you walk, causing enemies to not want to be near you. (PBAoE Fear Aura)
  • Denim Jeans: These pants, are tough, rugged, and a good insulator. Perfect for outdoor activities. You must be level 14 and own at least one other pair of pants to purchase these pants. (+Resistance to Smashing, Lethal, Cold, and Fire damage)
  • Throw Pants: Demonstrating complete mastery of the pants, you utilize the darkest pants technique known to man: you remove your pants and throw them at the enemy. With their vision blocked by your abandoned clothing, they will suffer reduced Perception and Accuracy and be Confused, attacking their allies by mistake. Meanwhile, your pantsless form will reduce your Threat Level, as enemies will not want to look at you right now. (Huge characters will have this latter effect doubled; also, there is a chance enemies will in fact like what they see and your Threat Level will increase instead.) You must be level 20 and own at least two pairs of pants to select this power.
  • No-Pants Nightmare: With a flourish of your hand and and dramatic announcement, you reveal to your enemy their greatest nightmare has come true: they showed up to the big fight with the superheroes with no pants on! The enemy will be unable to act in embarrassment, and your allies will gain a Regeneration and ToHit morale buff from laughing at the enemy's misfortune. (Foe Hold, Ally +Regeneration and +ToHit) You must be level 20 and own at least two pairs of pants to select this power.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

We have the base pool powers: Concealment, Fighting, [Fitness], Leadership, Medicine, & Presence.

We have the travel pool powers: Flight, Leaping, Speed, & Teleportation.

We have the origin pool powers: Experimentation, Force of Will, {Gadgetry}, Sorcery, & Utility Belt.

So, I was thinking the next set could be on a different theme already within the game, Elements: Cold, Energy, Fire, Lethal, Negative, Psionic, Smashing, & Toxic.

The origin pool powers went with the formula:

T1: Ally Buff or Foe Debuff

T1: Single Target Attack

T1: Combo Travel Power

T2: AoE Attack

T3: Pseudo-Armor T9

For Elements we could start there and make some adjustments.

T1: Team Buff or Foe AoE Debuff

T1: Single Target Attack

T1: Resistance Travel Power (emulating Combat Jumping, for instance, but with +Res primarily rather than +Def)

T2: AoE Attack

T3: AoE Control

Here is what I envision:

Paragon City's Pastime - Smashing

T1: Blunt Attitude - Team Toggle +Res (Sm/Le (7.5-ish), immobilize, Stun, Sleep)

T1: Batter Up - Melee attack similar to St. Louis Slammer

T1: Nimble - Not compatible with Combat Jump or Quickfooted - +Def Melee, +Res Sm/Le

T2: Pumpkin Smasher - Uses a baseball bat with Whirling mace-ish animation (around 2s)

T3: Crack - Smash the bat in the ground AoE Stun

Put a Ring on it - Lethal

T1: Jackrock - Similar to Caltrops

T1: Ring Toss - Energy Rings Animation, Lethal only

T1: Quickfooted - Not compatible with Combat Jump or Nimble - +Def Ranged, +Res Sm/Le

T2: Exploding Ring - Like the Carnival power

T3: Ringer - Like Golden Rings, but TAoE

Yang - Energy

T1: Life force - Team Heal

T1: Energy Bracer - like EMP glove

T1: Hyperactive - similar to Jaunt - +Def AoE, +Res En/Ne

T2: Energy Grenades - Like Electromagnetic Grenades

T3: White Hole - TAoE -Per, Stun

Yin - Negative

T1: Vampiric Aura - Foe minor Neg Dmg, Self, +Reg (per enemy)

T1: Stolen Essence - Siphon Life animation, foe -ToHit, self +ToHit

T1: Translocation - similar to Jaunt - +Def AoE, +Res En/Ne

T2: Despair - Like Tar Patch but with DoT

T3: Terror Unleashed - Like Spectral Terror

Fire Eating - Fire

T1: Heatstroke - Like Heat Exhaustions

T1: Fire Toss - like Cremate

T1: Firewalking - Does not stack with Ice Sliding - Like Prestige Power Surge - +Def Melee, +Res Fi/Co

T2: Fire Breathing - Like Breath of Fire

T3: Firepit - Like Flashfire

Coldsnap - Cold

T1: Touch of the Flu - Like Infrigidate

T1: Cold Bracers - like Cryoprojection Bracers

T1: Ice Sliding - Does not stack with Firewalking - Like Prestige Power Slide - +Def Ranged, +Res Fi/Co

T2: Blizzard - Similar to sleet, more damage, less debuff

T3: Tundra - Flash Freeze Animation with Static Field type effect

Potions Master - Toxic

T1: Serum - Like Injection

T1: Toxic drones - like Vial of Bees (Single Target) (close range)

T1: Chemtrail - Does not stack with Hover or Airwalking - +Def Melee, +Res To/Psi

T2: Gas pod - Like Arachnoid Gas (Close range)

T3: Neurotoxins - Smoke Flash Animation with AoE Confuse

Mind Games - Psionic

T1: Reflection - Like Drain Psyche

T1: Slip - Like TK blast, but KD

T1: Airwalking - Does not stack with Hover or Chemtrails - +Def Ranged, +Res To/Psi

T2: Blow your Mind - Similar to Nuclear Blast, but Psi damage

T3: Persuasion - Psychic Wail Animation with AoE Confuse

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Telekinesis Epic Pool Power For Scrapper/Stalkers

Tier 1 - Lift: Same as Gravity Control) as I would with all Epic Single Target Blasts (personally) I'd have the DPA of the attack be on the better end of Tier 1 and 2 attacks, so players can add or replace these attacks into their attack strings.

Tier 2 - Telekinetic Hold: I'd make it like Soul Storm in terms of animations, possibly without the glow, but have the enemy in the air spinning or just lifted up into the air held).

Tier 3 - Shield Ally/Allies: +5% Resist/Defense - Same as Deflection Shield and powers like it.  The only question is, would it target the team or not.

Tier 4 - Propel: I'd turn it into a targetted AOE attack.

Edit: Tier 5 - Telekinetic Body Armor: Toggle (.33/s) +3% Resist/Defense

Changed the tier 5 to a toggle from a passive, as it dawned on me, concept wise for such a power, as one gets tired down, one tends to lose the ability to keep shielding one self.  People keep beating on the shield, you may just tired out and the shield go down for instance.  Figure standard Leadership toggle End use.

Edited by BrandX
  • Like 1

Hellfire

T1: Hellfire Aura:  Ally +Mez protection or Enemy -Regen and -ToHit - uses animation and effects for Sorcery -> Enflame

T1: Flaming Whip:  Ranged Moderate DMG(Fire) + Minor DoT(Negative) - uses animation for Mastermind -> Demon Summoning -> Corruption

T2: Infernal Bargain:  A copy of Boost Power (Blaster secondary set, Energy Manipulation) which briefly boosts secondary effects of your powers.  - same animation but instead of rainbow effect, use Sorcery pool's Rune of Protection effect.

T3: Soul Strike:  Close AoE Moderate DMG(Fire) + Disorient - uses animation for Mastermind -> Demon Summoning -> Crack Whip

T4Infernal Guardian:  Summon Pet (special) Short duration indestructible pet that has a strong taunt aura similar to Illusion Control's Phantom Army, but the pet does not attack.  - uses animation for Mastermind -> Demon Summoning -> Summon Demon Prince, pet is a larger version of the Demon vanity pet.

Being indestructible, the Infernal Guardian pet would be a useful means to escape a tough situation by having it draw aggro for you while you go on the offensive or flee for your life.  It's use should be limited, however, by both short duration and very long recharge times.

Edited by Player2

I would be surprised if any of this were at all remotely possible in the current code, but I'd love a Power Customization set.  Remember the good old days when there was more than one way to slot a power?

T1:  Reach:  Enhance one single, already chosen, power for extended range/wider cone.  Takes only Range IOs and is subject to ED.

T2:  Speed:  Enhance one single, already chosen, power for shortened interrupt/animation time.  Takes only Interrupt IOs and is subject to ED.  (This is the one I find most problematic.)

T3:  Flexibility:  Enhance one single, already chosen, power and either adds a damage component or a mez component to it, whichever it doesn't have.  Example:  Add Fear component to Blaze (which has damage but no mez).  Add Negative Energy damage to Cloak of Fear (which has mez, but no damage).  Can slot sets relating to new component.

T4:  Swap Element.  Like Swap Ammo for DP, but permanently change the damage type of a single, already chosen, attack to a different type.  Example:  change Headsplitter from lethal to cold.

T5:  Specialization.  All slots in this power count as additional slot for another, already chosen, power.  Want to 12 slot Poison Trap?  Now's your chance!  ED applies, and set bonuses only apply within the original power or Specialization, but not both (if you 2 slot the original power with one set, and 2 slot Specialization with the same set, you get 2x the 2 slot bonus, not the 4 slot bonus.)  Also, cannot slot the same IO in both powers (no 2x LotG 7.5%).

I haven't spent any time at all thinking about ways to abuse this -- I'm sure there are plenty of ways!

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

34 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I would be surprised if any of this were at all remotely possible in the current code, but I'd love a Power Customization set.  Remember the good old days when there was more than one way to slot a power?

T1:  Reach:  Enhance one single, already chosen, power for extended range/wider cone.  Takes only Range IOs and is subject to ED.

T2:  Speed:  Enhance one single, already chosen, power for shortened interrupt/animation time.  Takes only Interrupt IOs and is subject to ED.  (This is the one I find most problematic.)

T3:  Flexibility:  Enhance one single, already chosen, power and either adds a damage component or a mez component to it, whichever it doesn't have.  Example:  Add Fear component to Blaze (which has damage but no mez).  Add Negative Energy damage to Cloak of Fear (which has mez, but no damage).  Can slot sets relating to new component.

T4:  Swap Element.  Like Swap Ammo for DP, but permanently change the damage type of a single, already chosen, attack to a different type.  Example:  change Headsplitter from lethal to cold.

T5:  Specialization.  All slots in this power count as additional slot for another, already chosen, power.  Want to 12 slot Poison Trap?  Now's your chance!  ED applies, and set bonuses only apply within the original power or Specialization, but not both (if you 2 slot the original power with one set, and 2 slot Specialization with the same set, you get 2x the 2 slot bonus, not the 4 slot bonus.)  Also, cannot slot the same IO in both powers (no 2x LotG 7.5%).

I haven't spent any time at all thinking about ways to abuse this -- I'm sure there are plenty of ways!

While those are pretty cool ideas, I would love a pool that let's you assign a bonus 7th slot to another power you possess and have fully slotted already.  The pool could be called "Specialization" and lets you 7-slot up to 5 powers.  While I'm sure some people would suggest going all the way to letting you add all five pool "powers" to a single power to get 5 extra slots on one power, I think 7 slots on any given power is more than enough.

17 minutes ago, zenijos10 said:

Some of these powers are pretty cool. 

I have question what is the functional difference in a pool power and epic/ pool power?   Is there one?  Are there objective design standards that exist? if so, can anyone post them here?

Anyone can use pool power. Epics differ by AT's. So some of epics fill in holes. Like melee gets ranged attack for example.

One thing that's bugged me about Anchilary pools: why do Blasters get 5 sets while every other AT only gets 4?  Even MMs only get 4 and they were somewhat copied over fron Blaster's choices.  I would like to see the other ATs get a 5th set, and I think there's a good choice: Electrical Mastery for everyone!  I know Mu Mastery already does this, but there's still options for non-Mu electricity.  Some ideas:

Controller/Dominator

-Lightning Bolt (Controller)/Short Circuit (Dom)

-Power Sink

-Charged Armor

-Ball Lightning

-Surge of Power (Controller)/Discharge (Dominator)

Defender/Corrupter

-Power Sink

-Shocking Bolt

-Charged Armor

-Energize (longer cooldown)

-Thunder Strike OR Shocking Grasp

Scrapper/Stalker/Tanker/Brute

-Lightning Bolt

-Electric Fence

-Shocking Bolt

-Ball Lightning

-EMP Pulse OR Discharge

Mastermind

-Lightning Bolt

-Charged Armor

-Shocking Bolt

-Ball Lightning

-Surge of Power

Sentinel (I have no idea what APPs already exist for Sentinel, so stop me if i'm listing what already exists)

-Shocking Bolt

-Electric Fence

-Discharge

-Thunder Strike

-EMP Pulse

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Origin Power Pools 2: The Re-Origining

I think after we've implemented the first batch of origin power pools, we could do with a second. To keep it fair, you still wouldn't be able to pick more that one origin power pool from this group, but you could still pick ones from the other. Marksmanship + Experimentation, or Hacking + Gadgety for example.

Natural - Marksmanship

You are a natural marksman, with a keen eye and a talent for firearms and other ranged weaponry. (uses a standard customisable pistol for most of the ranged attacks, as well as some generic FX from willower for the others)

CrabSpider Slice.png - Mark Target: Marks a target, reducing their defense and mez resistance

CrabSpider Longfang.png - Pistol Shot: A simple shot from a firearm that deals moderate lethal damage

TrainingandGadgets CombatTrainingDefensive.png - Uncanny Sight: A toggle power that increases the players perception and accuracy

CrabSpider Channelgun.png - Wild Shot: Another pistol shot, this time dealing light damage but reducing defense

TrainingandGadgets CombatTrainingOffensive.png - Superior Aim: A click power that acts much like Aim, but also buffs mez effects.

Technology - Hacking

You are capable of hacking a multitude of devices, and generating electromagnetic energy to weaken your foes. a combination of electrical, binary and pixel FX to create a sort of digital look to most of these powers)

ShockTherapy Shock.png - Sabotage: A burst of electrical/digital energy that reduces a targets endurance and damage

ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png - Surge: Surges electrical/digital energy at a foe and deals moderate energy damage, and reduces their recovery

ElectricalBolt Aim.png - Spyware: A toggle power that increases your perception and ToHit chance

ElectricalBolt TelsaCage.png - Override: Captures enemies in an electrical/digital field, dealing light energy damage and holding them

MentalControl Confuse.png - Malfunction: A click power that deals small energy damage, stunning normal foes, but confusing robots.

Science - Elements

Your understanding of physics has allowed you to tap into the elements, and cause brilliant reactions. (plenty of FX for this are available from the Minions of Igneous and Talons of Vengeance)

ThermalRadiation HeatExhaustion.png - Rapid Chill: A debuff power that reduces a foes speed and recharge

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Molten Blast: A ranged blast that deals moderate smashing damage and good fire DoT

SuperSpeed SuperSpeed.png - Ground Slide: A power that allows the player to slide on the ground on earth, ice, or water and so on, increasing speed and resistance to immobilize, hold and slow

FireBlast RainOfFire.png - Steam Burst: A ranged AoE power that blasts enemies with steam, reducing their perception and tohit, while dealing light fire DoT

FlamingShield FlamingShield.png - Acclimate: A click power that gives a significant boost to fire, cold, smashing and lethal resistance for a short while

Mutation - Shapeshifting

Your body is capable of changing form, allowing you to adapt to all kinds of situations. (Mostly a combination of Savage Melee and beast Mastery FX, as well as the 'psi fist' from Psi Melee as the ranged attack)

Manipulation Intimidate.png - Unsettling Visage: A ranged debuff that placates foes, with a chance to also inflict fear

RadiationBurst XRayBeam.png - Elongated Punch: You extend your fist to great lengths do deal moderate smashing damage on a foe

PrimalGifts PrimalistsCloak.png - Camouflage: A toggle power that grants stealth, and also a bonus to defense

FeralMight BrutalSwipe.png - Feral Claws: You lash out at all foes in a cone with your claws, dealing lethal DoT to all foes in front of you

PrimalGifts WilloftheWild.png - Adaptive Body: A click power that grants significant boost to toxic, psionic, smashing and lethal resistance for a short time

Magic - Magestaff

You wield a powerful arcane staff that can batter your foes and bolster yourself. (A customisable wand that fires soul noir style projectiles, with animations borrowed from Bane Spiders and the Carnival of Light)

CarnivalOfLight Lightstaff EndDrain.png - Hex: You cast a hex from your staff, weakening your foes and reducing their damage and regeneration

CarnivalOfLight LightstaffBolt.png - Staff Bolt: You fire a bolt from your staff that deals moderate energy damage

CarnivalOfLight LuminousBarrier.png - Enchant: A toggle power that acts as a minor version of power boost

CarnivalOfLight IncandescentBurst.png - Staff Lance: Another ranged power with more oomph, dealing high energy damage and knocking foes back

CarnivalOfLight Resistance.png - Mana Charge: A click power that grants endurance, as well as a boost to recovery and recharge

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tyrannical said:

Origin Power Pools 2: The Re-Origining

I think after we've implemented the first batch of origin power pools, we could do with a second. To keep it fair, you still wouldn't be able to pick more that one origin power pool from this group, but you could still pick ones from the other. Marksmanship + Experimentation, or Hacking + Gadgety for example.

Natural - Marksmanship

You are a natural marksman, with a keen eye and a talent for firearms and other ranged weaponry. (uses a standard customisable pistol for most of the ranged attacks, as well as some generic FX from willower for the others)

CrabSpider Slice.png - Mark Target: Marks a target, reducing their defense and mez resistance

CrabSpider Longfang.png - Pistol Shot: A simple shot from a firearm that deals moderate lethal damage

TrainingandGadgets CombatTrainingDefensive.png - Uncanny Sight: A toggle power that increases the players perception and accuracy

CrabSpider Channelgun.png - Wild Shot: Another pistol shot, this time dealing light damage but reducing defense

TrainingandGadgets CombatTrainingOffensive.png - Superior Aim: A click power that acts much like Aim, but also buffs mez effects.

Technology - Hacking

You are capable of hacking a multitude of devices, and generating electromagnetic energy to weaken your foes. a combination of electrical, binary and pixel FX to create a sort of digital look to most of these powers)

ShockTherapy Shock.png - Sabotage: A burst of electrical/digital energy that reduces a targets endurance and damage

ElectricalBolt LightningBolt.png - Surge: Surges electrical/digital energy at a foe and deals moderate energy damage, and reduces their recovery

ElectricalBolt Aim.png - Spyware: A toggle power that increases your perception and ToHit chance

ElectricalBolt TelsaCage.png - Override: Captures enemies in an electrical/digital field, dealing light energy damage and holding them

MentalControl Confuse.png - Malfunction: A click power that deals small energy damage, stunning normal foes, but confusing robots.

Science - Elements

Your understanding of physics has allowed you to tap into the elements, and cause brilliant reactions. (plenty of FX for this are available from the Minions of Igneous and Talons of Vengeance)

ThermalRadiation HeatExhaustion.png - Rapid Chill: A debuff power that reduces a foes speed and recharge

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Molten Blast: A ranged blast that deals moderate smashing damage and good fire DoT

SuperSpeed SuperSpeed.png - Ground Slide: A power that allows the player to slide on the ground on earth, ice, or water and so on, increasing speed and resistance to immobilize, hold and slow

FireBlast RainOfFire.png - Steam Burst: A ranged AoE power that blasts enemies with steam, reducing their perception and tohit, while dealing light fire DoT

FlamingShield FlamingShield.png - Acclimate: A click power that gives a significant boost to fire, cold, smashing and lethal resistance for a short while

Mutation - Shapeshifting

Your body is capable of changing form, allowing you to adapt to all kinds of situations. (Mostly a combination of Savage Melee and beast Mastery FX, as well as the 'psi fist' from Psi Melee as the ranged attack)

Manipulation Intimidate.png - Unsettling Visage: A ranged debuff that placates foes, with a chance to also inflict fear

RadiationBurst XRayBeam.png - Elongated Punch: You extend your fist to great lengths do deal moderate smashing damage on a foe

PrimalGifts PrimalistsCloak.png - Camouflage: A toggle power that grants stealth, and also a bonus to defense

FeralMight BrutalSwipe.png - Feral Claws: You lash out at all foes in a cone with your claws, dealing lethal DoT to all foes in front of you

PrimalGifts WilloftheWild.png - Adaptive Body: A click power that grants significant boost to toxic, psionic, smashing and lethal resistance for a short time

Magic - Magestaff

You wield a powerful arcane staff that can batter your foes and bolster yourself. (A customisable wand that fires soul noir style projectiles, with animations borrowed from Bane Spiders and the Carnival of Light)

CarnivalOfLight Lightstaff EndDrain.png - Hex: You cast a hex from your staff, weakening your foes and reducing their damage and regeneration

CarnivalOfLight LightstaffBolt.png - Staff Bolt: You fire a bolt from your staff that deals moderate energy damage

CarnivalOfLight LuminousBarrier.png - Enchant: A toggle power that acts as a minor version of power boost

CarnivalOfLight IncandescentBurst.png - Staff Lance: Another ranged power with more oomph, dealing high energy damage and knocking foes back

CarnivalOfLight Resistance.png - Mana Charge: A click power that grants endurance, as well as a boost to recovery and recharge

Some really cool stuff here. Bravo!

Didn't we have a thread like this before? This seems very familiar....? Also, can someone from the COH HC staff comment on if any of these ideas have a chance to be implemented into the game? I don't mind putting in ideas etc but I am curious as to where they could end up. I know the dev team is small and they can't add nearly as much as we hope for so it would be cool to get some ideas as to where these may go 🙂

• Thanks 1

Mentor

T1: Training:  Ranged Target Ally +ToHit +DMG (Minor) - Basically Aim but an ally gets the bonus to hit and damage effects.  Instead of normal animation for Aim, use the pointing emote animation.

T1: First Aid:  Close Ally Heal - Copy of Aid Other from the Medicine pool, but without the tricorder animation.

T2: Brutal Example:  Melee Moderate DMG(Smashing), Team +DMG - Throw in a couple different melee animation options to suit character preference, like a punch or kick as you lead by example and your teammates gets the benefit of your experience in a brief boost to their damage as if affected by a smaller Build Up effect.

T3: Bolster:  PBAoE Team +Absorb - use something dramatic like the Super Strength -> Foot Stomp animations as you get your team to brace for an incoming attack.

T4Shield Ally:  Toggle Ally Special - Targeted Ally is linked to your Health as long as toggle remains active; any damage they take is split in half with you taking the other half.

6 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

One thing that's bugged me about Anchilary pools: why do Blasters get 5 sets while every other AT only gets 4?  Even MMs only get 4 and they were somewhat copied over fron Blaster's choices.  I would like to see the other ATs get a 5th set, and I think there's a good choice: Electrical Mastery for everyone!  I know Mu Mastery already does this, but there's still options for non-Mu electricity.  Some ideas:

Defender/Corrupter

-Power Sink

-Shocking Bolt

-Charged Armor

-Energize (longer cooldown)

-Thunder Strike OR Shocking Grasp

Controllers, Defenders, and Corruptors already have 5 ancillary pools, and Sentinels actually have 6. Defenders and Corruptors actually have Electricity Mastery with

Electric Fence

Thunder Strike

Charged Armor

Shocking Bolt

Power Sink

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

5 minutes ago, Burk said:

Controllers, Defenders, and Corruptors already have 5 ancillary pools, and Sentinels actually have 6.

I guess I missed that part, but Defenders and Corrupters having 5, is that something I missed that was a Homecoming change?  The old wiki only lists four choices for the two: Dark/Power/Psychic/Electricity.  I don't recall seeing other choices the last time I leveled a Defender/Corrupter to the APP levels.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I don't know if homecoming changed it, just going off of Mids. But I do know the Defender Electricity Mastery was in the game back in Issue 4 because that's what I used on my Empath/Electric Defender. Mids shows a Flame Mastery for Defender/Corruptor, and I actually see all 5 Controller ones on the wiki.

Edited by Burk

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

Here it comes, the Impromptu Teammates! [for maximum fun make each summoned model just a generic model that hit the Randomize button]

1. Random Muscle: A melee pugilist joins the fray on your side!  With some mild resistances and hard knuckled punches, he charges heedlessly forward into the danger!

2. Random Blaster: A ranged trigger-happy blaster joins the fray on your side! He stays in the rear, popping off shots with a firearm. That's one office worker who got tired of being taken hostage!

3. Random Defender: An enthusiastic healer joins the fray on your side! He's getting experience handling his shiny medical tricorder, providing assorted injections & serums!

4. Random Controller: A smug controller joins the fray on your side! He vaguely annoys people by holding enemies in place, irregardless of positioning considerations!

5. the ULTIMATE, the AMAZING, the TRAVEL POWER we almost forgot! You bought a van to haul your impromptu teammates around! [literally transform the player into a van and move at superspeed]

4 minutes ago, UpandAtom said:

5. the ULTIMATE, the AMAZING, the TRAVEL POWER we almost forgot! You bought a van to haul your impromptu teammates around! [literally transform the player into a van and move at superspeed]

I wasn't aware Morgana was getting a cameo in Paragon City.

• Lead Game Master
20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Some great ideas in the thread, this one made me think (and probably also because I've been playing a little Star Wars Squadrons) about attribute transference. So what about a set based on a series of mutually exclusive toggles - so maybe only one or two on at a time... (numbers below all purely hypothetical of course).

Name for the set: Valmorphanization 

T1: Cruel to be(ing) Kind - With the toggle active, you redirect some of your energy that would go into damaging your opponent into healing yourself. -20% Damage output but heal for 10% of total health per attack

T2: Throw the kitchen sink at them - Inverting the above approach, each attack damages you for 10% of your total HP but boosts the damage output by 20% (use with care!)

T3: With my last breath - sometimes you need more blue... a lot more blue... with each attack, you damage yourself for 10% of your total HP but the endurance cost of your powers is dropped by 50%

T4: Suppressing fire!! (anyone watched Archer?) - whilst active this toggle improves your recharge by 20% (ideally and cast time by 50% for fun too!) but you suffer a 10% to-hit penalty

T5: Giving her all she's got Captain - Clicky on a long unenhancable recharge - allows you to halve the negative impacts of any of the other toggles whilst doubling the benefits

The number balancing on this would be.... horrific. 

Thanks Yomo for the inspiration!

• Like 1

GM ColdSpark

Lead Game Master

Ways to Contact Me: Here is the link to the Homecoming Discord  and I am GM ColdSpark

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!