Focused Feedback: Energy Melee Revamp

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Wavicle said:

How did you determine this?

experience

ymmv

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2 hours ago, Troo said:

FYI - Assassin's Strike misses more than it should from Hide.

What are the odds that it misses while hidden and after using Build Up. (that's rhetorical) Well, it misses more than that.

This is such truth I've had throw away moves hit more consistently than AS after Build Up from stealth.

12 hours ago, siolfir said:

Compared to what is currently on Homecoming, your choice was to take Stun - a single target power with a long animation, 20 second recharge, and low damage that most people would not take or use in their attack chains - for a guaranteed 100% stun. If you use Total Focus first, you get a 100% guaranteed stun in a single target power with a shorter animation and more damage that most people would not use in their attack chains (aka Barrage). Slot Barrage for stun using the slots you would've put into Stun, skip Power Crash, and you're slightly ahead on damage as you use Total Focus first, plus you get a -regen effect, a -special effect, a stronger hit on Energy Punch, a faster Bone Smasher, and although using all your charges on Barrage means no fast Energy Transfer, it will still cost less endurance and recharge faster. You lost no capabilities and gained some in exchange for having to use a high damage, 100% guaranteed stun - that is on the same recharge cycle as Stun - first. There is no lost potential to stun, and you admit you are unwilling to even verify this yourself. That is why people are telling you that you are wrong.

I'm glad you responded with this, but I did use this combo. It was actually the main one I used to try to compensate for not having a guaranteed stun power from Stun. While I do use and slot that power as a damage power, the duration wasn't my issue but rather needing to dance around using TF/EF to be able to use it. The needing to use TF to start isn't even that big of a deal, it's needing to hold off using focus or TF when something becomes unmezzed and starts debuffing you. In a live situation, holding off using Stun is actually more beneficial since I could get rewarded with some random stuns. Now I feel like I'm forced to monitor stun duration or power recharged even more strictly.

I have no idea why you're trying to debunk people or prove them faulty. Would you rather I have replied "WRONG! Because the duration to cast time of the Mez doesn't have to account for the multiple cast times since the Mez starts at the beginning of the animation" or some such fact? No, I just agreed with the post but state how it's different and then reiterate my preferred added feedback. If PC has Stun's guaranteed stun (possibly shorter duration due to faster cast and rech), that could retain the current functionality, especially if you actually like Energy Focus and don't want to be forced to use EF just to keep doing what you do now. Maybe I'm just entitled but I don't think that's fair as I wanted to use that for ET. 

@Naraka I had come to a similar conclusion.

If the combo mechanic was going to be implemented, just simplify it as a way to switch between AoE & single target focus. Having the third option just seems to over complicate it.

The improvements buried in the EF stun option could be spread around or put elsewhere.

It's not game breaking to be able to stun one target. TF > BS is a good replacement for Stun > BS. ET > BS is also serviceable. TF > ET will just be stunning a corpse.

• Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

20 hours ago, ScarySai said:

Better yet, give me the option to put 100% of my health into a punch that kills my target and my entire team.

Sounds fair, but only if they're on the same map. Otherwise someone, somewhere, might abuse it somehow.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Bopper said:

Barrage info display is bugged. Energy Punch is superior in DPA

Too be more specific, in the Detailed Info for Barrage on Brutes, Scrappers and Tankers it is incorrectly including the Fiery Embrace damage.  Stalkers don't get Fiery Embrace, so the numbers are right for them.

Edited by csr
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, csr said:

Too be more specific, in the Detailed Info for Barrage on Brutes, Scrappers and Tankers it is incorrectly including the Fiery Embrace damage.  Stalkers don't get Fiery Embrace, so the numbers are right for them.

Absolutely, and FWIW this bug seems to show up whenever the attack is a DoT. Barrage is weird in that it is set up as a 2 tick DoT which is why you see the bug

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

19 hours ago, Bopper said:

Barrage info display is bugged. Energy Punch is superior in DPA

I had actually been wondering why all the hate for barrage when it appeared to have better damage and better dpa than energy punch. Guess it makes sense now that I now the display is bugged. I assume that bugged info transferred over to mids as well. 

30 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

I had actually been wondering why all the hate for barrage when it appeared to have better damage and better dpa than energy punch. Guess it makes sense now that I now the display is bugged. I assume that bugged info transferred over to mids as well. 

Not really.  Mids Reborn implements Fiery Embrace correctly, so the numbers are right for Brute and Stalker EM, but wrong for Tankers for a different reason (because some AT damage numbers are off in general in MR, including Tankers).

Running some pylons.  I never saw Barrage or ET stay lit up for the second EF.  Now maybe I just never got a critical on TF (I did see Critical Strike go off) in the 5 minute plus run, but as soon as I used ET (always after a TF) the ring around Barrage disappeared.

I would think, if double EF rings would stay.  Maybe I just never crit on TF.

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

Running some pylons.  I never saw Barrage or ET stay lit up for the second EF.  Now maybe I just never got a critical on TF (I did see Critical Strike go off) in the 5 minute plus run, but as soon as I used ET (always after a TF) the ring around Barrage disappeared.

I would think, if double EF rings would stay.  Maybe I just never crit on TF.

I've been playing a scrapper EM character and I have definitely, on many occasions, critted on TF and correctly got the two stacks of EF, that were correctly spent one at a time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aethereal said:

I've been playing a scrapper EM character and I have definitely, on many occasions, critted on TF and correctly got the two stacks of EF, that were correctly spent one at a time.

Does the ring around the icons disappear off of both or stay around one or the other?  

21 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Does the ring around the icons disappear off of both or stay around one or the other?  

Stays around all spenders.

TF (crit) > all three spenders light up > use any one of the spenders > all three spenders stay illuminated > use any spender again > highlights go away.

• Like 2

This is the visual for the double EF.

image.png.2399bb354f949c9c62fce5fd23a3fde0.png

Here is the power tray with one spent and one still available.

image.png.ff69780057093de88c5970d536eb9357.png

• Like 1

As mentioned previously, if zoomed in too close there is barely a chance to see the EF message.

image.thumb.png.d3a9395e378988380fd5be6e838c2f38.png

When zoomed in too far the messages don't show at all.

image.thumb.png.a700387435d23bf2db67c44935c89674.png

On 11/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, Troo said:
On 10/24/2020 at 5:33 AM, Jimmy said:

PowerPunch_AssassinStrike.png.caa0f90860623217f220e74310f2a2e9.png Assassin's Strike

FYI - Assassin's Strike misses more than it should from Hide.

What are the odds that it misses while hidden and after using Build Up. (that's rhetorical) Well, it misses more than that.

Here's what I'm talking about:

MISSED Practice Dummy!! Your Assassins Strike Stealth power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 98.63.

Spoiler

image.png.72f0b25e4ee0731cba0fecad4d730bb1.png

MISSED Practice Dummy!! Your Assassins Strike Stealth power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 98.63.
Assassins Strike Stealth is recharged.
Build Up is recharged.
You activated the Build Up power.
HIT Ace! Your Build Up power is autohit.
Ace HITS you! Build Up power was autohit.
You tap into your inner strength with your Build Up and are more accurate and more deadly for a short while.
Your attack strength has increased temporarily.
You start Assassins Strike Stealth.
You activated the Assassins Strike Stealth power.

HIT Practice Dummy! Your Assassins Strike Stealth power was forced to hit by streakbreaker.
You hit Practice Dummy with your Assassins Strike Stealth for 0 points of Smashing damage.
You hit Practice Dummy with your Assassins Strike Stealth for 0 points of Energy damage.
You hit Practice Dummy with your Assassins Strike Stealth for 0 points of Energy damage [ASSASSIN STRIKE].
You hit Practice Dummy with your Touch of Death: Negative Energy Damage for 0 points of Negative Energy damage.
You hit Practice Dummy with your Hecatomb: Chance for Negative Energy Damage for 0 points of Negative Energy damage.
Assassins Strike Stealth missed!

MISSED Practice Dummy!! Your Assassins Strike Stealth power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.65.

You activated the Build Up power.
HIT Ace! Your Build Up power is autohit.
Ace HITS you! Build Up power was autohit.
You tap into your inner strength with your Build Up and are more accurate and more deadly for a short while.
Your attack strength has increased temporarily.
Assassins Strike Stealth missed!

MISSED Practice Dummy!! Your Assassins Strike Stealth power had a 95.00% chance to hit, you rolled a 95.40.

Edited by Troo

Can Stalkers get Whirling Hands instead of Power Crash?

Lining up cone attacks is just not worth it most of the time (For aoe) due to how fast this game can move.  Other cone attacks such as Ripper, Eviscerate and Sweeping Cross also function very well as Single Target damage, but Energy Melee has enough single target damage.  While I see the number of targets hit goes up with total focus, still does not seem worth it.

Suggested this without knowing Power Crashes width.

Edited by kelika2
  • Like 1

I don't have problems hitting pretty huge chunks of enemies with PC as a tank. As a stalker, I would view it as splash damage, rather than a mass aoe attack, which is more in line with what a stalker does anyway (huge single target damage with general splash).