[Beta] Patch Notes for April 25th, 2021

Jimmy

4 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Work-arounds seem to growing in number.. just saying.

It would be great to see a bit more polish. (not a judgement merely an observation)

This patch is literally polishing all the changes that were made from Page 2 that were discovered after publishing. What are you talking about? 

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Hello,

Just to be sure.... We are going to deal with two new enhancement categories or they are replacing existing ones ?
Does that also means Swift will accept both + universal travel now ?
No this can't be. People need to keep buying/farming overpriced Micro HO.

11 minutes ago, Zed said:

Hello,

Just to be sure.... We are going to deal with two new enhancement categories or they are replacing existing ones ?
Does that also means Swift will accept both + universal travel now ?
No this can't be. People need to keep buying/farming overpriced Micro HO.

Swift can't and won't take any set IOs. Just the regular crafted IOs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

25 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Just what I said. Work-arounds seem to be growing in number. What are you going on about?

This is a feedback thread for beta changes that address issues that were discovered after the latest patch was released. We, the players, are testing these changes to ensure they don't create further problems. What are you misunderstanding? Do you need to continue this discussion via direct messaging so that we don't clog up this thread?

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The two things that concerned me about the incoming walk changes was the suppression of the panacea and performance shifter procs that clutter up chat files I use to record roleplay, and the suppression of movement-affecting set bonuses that make the geysers in the Shadow Shard throw you into oblivion, which Disable All Powers seems to handle fine. That said, it's a shame panacea, performance shifter, and the power transfer proc can't be removed from chat logs separately from having to disable all powers period. It would make my in game combat log a lot more usable, and would probably enable me to find combat-specific bugs better. Besides which, it'd let me use the new walk with toggles on in roleplay, which I had thought was part of the intention of walk changes. I suppose it'd take a lot more work to put procs into its own channel/tab the way pet powers are... I know hardcore players who use a log parser to get around the spam, so I should probably figure out the details about that instead.

Edited by Katharos
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

On 4/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, Jimmy said:

Powers

New Prestige Powers

• OnlyAffectSelf.png.58f9796877712b9b9a363e9094f5fc30.png Only Affect Self
    • Activating this power prevents you from attacking foes or aiding allies - all powers will only affect yourself
    • If you are attacked, this power will suppress, allowing you to fight back
      • Suppression rules updated to match Stealth (will only suppress if an enemy hits you, not if they miss you)
  • Disable_All.png.8c716acc1a4ff27a88690a0dd3bd366a.png Disable All Powers
    • Activating this power will stop all your powers and set bonuses from working
  • Both of these powers can be acquired from the P2W vendor in the Prestige Utility category for zero cost

I'd pay real influence for a "Sync Toggle Spin" one of these doodads. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Katharos said:

The two things that concerned me about the incoming walk changes was the suppression of the panacea and performance shifter procs that clutter up chat files I use to record roleplay, and the suppression of movement-effecting set bonuses that make the geysers in the Shadow Shard throw you into oblivion, which Disable All Powers seems to handle fine. That said, it's a shame panacea, performance shifter, and the power transfer proc can't be removed from chat logs separately from having to disable all powers period. It would make my in game combat log a lot more usable, and would probably enable me to find combat-specific bugs better. Besides which, it'd let me use the new walk with toggles on in roleplay, which I had thought was part of the intention of walk changes. I suppose it'd take a lot more work to put procs into its own channel/tab the way pet powers are... I know hardcore players who use a log parser to get around the spam, so I suppose I should probably figure out the details about that instead.

If those procs are clogging your chat files, you can temporarily remove them with Enhancement Unslotters while you are recording roleplay, then add back in after you are done.

Edit: Oh and you can also use the beta server as well - lots of features available instantly thanks to the Freebies Menu.

Edited by Glacier Peak
One other idea
  • Sad 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

14 minutes ago, Katharos said:

The two things that concerned me about the incoming walk changes was the suppression of the panacea and performance shifter procs that clutter up chat files I use to record roleplay, and the suppression of movement-affecting set bonuses that make the geysers in the Shadow Shard throw you into oblivion, which Disable All Powers seems to handle fine. That said, it's a shame panacea, performance shifter, and the power transfer proc can't be removed from chat logs separately from having to disable all powers period. It would make my in game combat log a lot more usable, and would probably enable me to find combat-specific bugs better. Besides which, it'd let me use the new walk with toggles on in roleplay, which I had thought was part of the intention of walk changes. I suppose it'd take a lot more work to put procs into its own channel/tab the way pet powers are... I know hardcore players who use a log parser to get around the spam, so I should probably figure out the details about that instead.

Why are these procs cluttering your chat? I thought they were relegated to the Combat tab while chat goes into the chat tab.

17 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Why are these procs cluttering your chat? I thought they were relegated to the Combat tab while chat goes into the chat tab.

Two things: one, I log my chat to a file using an in-game setting so I can reference roleplay later, and two, it still clutters my combat tab when I need it to see, well, actual combat! It's actually a huge bother to search to see if a specific ability has a to-hit check with the level of clutter the performance shifter and panacea proc add to the combat log. When chat's saved to an external file, all of your tabs are jumbled together. Like so:

2021-03-22 17:41:53 HIT Shadow Shatterer! Your Quick Recovery power is autohit.
2021-03-22 17:41:53 Shadow Shatterer HITS you! Quick Recovery power was autohit.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 Welcome to City of Heroes, Shadow Shatterer!
2021-03-22 17:41:54 You may ask for help from other players by using the Help chat tab.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 <a href='cmd:gmotd'><b>Click Here</b></a> or type /gmotd to see the global message of the day again.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 Using global chat handle @~~~~
2021-03-22 17:41:54 Joined channel 'Authorial Drama'
2021-03-22 17:41:54 HIT Shadow Shatterer! Your Hasten power is autohit.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 Shadow Shatterer HITS you! Hasten power was autohit.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 You have 5 unclaimed respecs available. Type /respec in the chat window to begin respecing your character.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 You have 3 unclaimed free tailor sessions available.
2021-03-22 17:41:54 [17:41] <color #ffaaff><color2 #ffaaff><colorhover #ffaaff><colorselect #0><colorselectbg #333333><link #ffaaff><linkhover #ffd2ff><linkselect #0><linkselectbg #666666>You can claim 94 tickets from Architect Entertainment.
2021-03-22 17:41:57 Congratulations! You earned the Cimeroran badge.
2021-03-22 17:41:59 Congratulations! You earned the Time Lord badge.
2021-03-22 17:42:00 [Looking For Group] Baby ITF: <color #010101>ITF defeat most room for 3 pst for invite
2021-03-22 17:42:04 Shadow Shatterer hits you with their Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance granting you 12.26 points of endurance.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 You hit Shadow Shatterer with your Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance granting them 12.26 points of endurance.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 Shadow Shatterer heals you with their Panacea: Chance for +Hit Points/Endurance for 64.58 health points.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 You heal Shadow Shatterer with Panacea: Chance for +Hit Points/Endurance for 64.58 health points.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 Shadow Shatterer hits you with their Panacea: Chance for +Hit Points/Endurance granting you 9.2 points of endurance.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 You hit Shadow Shatterer with your Panacea: Chance for +Hit Points/Endurance granting them 9.2 points of endurance.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 You are healed by your Power Transfer: Chance to Heal Self for 93.7 health points.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 Shadow Shatterer hits you with their Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance granting you 12.26 points of endurance.
2021-03-22 17:42:04 You hit Shadow Shatterer with your Performance Shifter: Chance for +Endurance granting them 12.26 points of endurance.
2021-03-22 17:42:22 Entering Portal Court.

30 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

If those procs are clogging your chat files, you can temporarily remove them with Enhancement Unslotters while you are recording roleplay, then add back in after you are done.

Edit: Oh and you can also use the beta server as well - lots of features available instantly thanks to the Freebies Menu.

This isn't super helpful. I'm going to be using the free disable all powers rather than pay a 260k tax every time I want to RP, then having to remember to reslot afterwards. No matter the times I'm roleplaying while running mission/tf content. The beta server also doesn't have 26 roleplayers sitting in Pocket D at all times, and I'm not going to be asking people to log out of the main game, download the beta server, move their characters to the test server, then launch and play. It also doesn't address the other issues I mentioned with the procs, either.

To be clear: I don't need help. Like I said in my post, Disable All Powers maintains the status quo to my satisfaction. I'm here to provide feedback on the beta server changes, which are good, even if the situation could be better overall. 

Edited by Katharos
wasn't totally clear
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

11 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Does anyone use multiple builds specifically for RP?

You might see more of that if they make the changes to Walk. I imagine some folks would want to walk around with their weapons and/or auras, but remain unslotted so no spamming of combat logs nor green/blue numbers popping over one's head

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

12 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

What kind of ideas are we looking at for potential new travel IO's?

Off-topic, but I would guess the reason the IO set change is happening is because there are probably some more global enhancements a la Winter's Gift or Synapse's Shock which are considered to be too powerful to slot into the different versions of prestige sprints players have access to for free.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

While we're taking a look at long needed power sound passes with Spirit Ward, the repeated AOE proc sound for both Repel with the singy pull change and Sonic Resonance's Sonic Repulsion could use a tweak. The latter becomes migraine inducing in short order and sonic is already pretty short on abilities without having to drop one for comfort and consideration to everyone around you.

9 hours ago, macskull said:

Off-topic, but I would guess the reason the IO set change is happening is because there are probably some more global enhancements a la Winter's Gift or Synapse's Shock which are considered to be too powerful to slot into the different versions of prestige sprints players have access to for free.

That's kind of where I was thinking as well, because if the sprints accepted universal travel, you know well that people would be using them to stack KB Prot. And that would be a little overkill.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

8 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That's kind of where I was thinking as well, because if the sprints accepted universal travel, you know well that people would be using them to stack KB Prot. And that would be a little overkill.

That's actually the specific reason why they don't (they did in the beta where Blessing of the Zephyr was originally added); it was deemed too much of a benefit to veteran players who could get 6 extra places to put -KB procs for no cost beyond redeeming a vet reward.

8 minutes ago, siolfir said:

That's actually the specific reason why they don't (they did in the beta where Blessing of the Zephyr was originally added); it was deemed too much of a benefit to veteran players who could get 6 extra places to put -KB procs for no cost beyond redeeming a vet reward.

Yeah I remember when everyone showed up to Test League with their prestige sprints stacked.

15 hours ago, Taboo said:

Just what I said. Work-arounds seem to be growing in number. What are you going on about?

As an ex-programmer, when dealing with a complicated codebase written by someone else and the original programmers explained the chaotic aspects of said code - workarounds are how things get done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jimmy locked this topic