Where for art Redlynne?

Lockpick

Actually, it's one word 'wherefore' and it means 'why'.

So the line, "Wherefore art thou Romeo?" basically means "Why did you have to be born into that family?"  She's not asking where he is.

• Like 5

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Well, somebody beat me to the “wherefore” explanation, so...my work here is pre-done! (And it’s “Zwoooonds!” not “zownds!”):-)

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

7 hours ago, Lockpick said:

I was realizing I had not seen a Redlynne build in awhile and so I checked Red's posts.  Looks like almost a year since the last post.  I hope Red is okay...

Might Red have gone to one of the other COH emulators?

17 hours ago, Techwright said:

Might Red have gone to one of the other COH emulators?

Possible.  Or lots of folks take breaks for various reasons.  Who knows.  🤷‍♂️

Regardless, I echo the OP's sentiment that I hope Redlynne is okay.  In my experience most folks just kind of drop out quietly when they take breaks or move on so it may just be the usual.  At least I hope so.  I've noticed a few others too that have gone a bit quiet and I always hope they are okay.

Edited to add:

Oh and in keeping with current speaking trends the title should have been "Where the [expletive] is Redlynne?".  I'm surprised folks even know that saying (Shakespeare).  I actually saw Romeo and Juliet live at the A.C.T. Theater in San Francisco when I was younger (and A Christmas Carol).  If you haven't seen a live play done professionally I highly recommend it at least once.  Most of the younger folks I work with nowadays don't even know that Jim is short for James or Bob for Robert or Mike for Michael - I'm not even kidding.  I think we as a society have mostly stopped passing information along and rely heavily on the internet now to bring the next generation(s) up to speed.  Which is fine until the internet goes down, lol...

Edited by KauaiJim
  • Like 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

19 minutes ago, KauaiJim said:

I'm surprised folks even know that saying (Shakespeare).  If you haven't seen a live play done professionally I highly recommend it at least once. 

Blessed to have grown up in a town with a highly regarded Shakespearean group that did three plays a year.  I just ran through the list, and I believe I've seen live performances of 17 of the 38 plays connected to Shakespeare.  Many of those I've seen more than one interpretation.  The group occasionally would do other works, and the one I distinctly remember was Cyrano de Bergerac.  I also took two semesters of Shakespeare in college, and read a few of the works that I 'd not seen performed.

Even when experienced at reading and watching Shakespeare, it takes a few minutes to get into the mindframe of Elizabethan speech, but I agree, seeing these plays is well worth the effort.  If they cannot see one live, there's some good movie ones out there.  Just a few to name:  Henry V with Kenneth Branagh, Hamlet with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, and Much Ado About Nothing with...so many people!...Kenneth Branagh, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves, Emma Thompson, Kate Beckinsale, Michael Keaton, Brian Blessed, and a host of others.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Blessed to have grown up in a town with a highly regarded Shakespearean group that did three plays a year.  I just ran through the list, and I believe I've seen live performances of 17 of the 38 plays connected to Shakespeare.  Many of those I've seen more than one interpretation.  The group occasionally would do other works, and the one I distinctly remember was Cyrano de Bergerac.  I also took two semesters of Shakespeare in college, and read a few of the works that I 'd not seen performed.

Even when experienced at reading and watching Shakespeare, it takes a few minutes to get into the mindframe of Elizabethan speech, but I agree, seeing these plays is well worth the effort.  If they cannot see one live, there's some good movie ones out there.  Just a few to name:  Henry V with Kenneth Branagh, Hamlet with David Tennant and Patrick Stewart, and Much Ado About Nothing with...so many people!...Kenneth Branagh, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves, Emma Thompson, Kate Beckinsale, Michael Keaton, Brian Blessed, and a host of others.

Wow that is awesome!  Yeah I would even sometimes take my daughter to see small plays at local small theaters.  Way fun.

Don't forget the Steve Martin flick "Roxanne". (at least I liked that one too).   Oh and "A Midsummer Night's Dream".  Another one.  I'm sure there are a bunch.

Edited by KauaiJim
  • Like 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

I was ... actually expecting a thread about where to get art...

• Haha 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

She is fine, she repeatedly attacked me in an AE farm the other Day.....nevermind.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Where's four art though Rommie?   

Bah... I got one better... "Who's on first"?

)I'd post the link, but hey I just woke up and am lazy atm lol)

Peace...

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

I managed to get in touch with Redlynne.  She said that she is done with Homecoming permanently (both the forums and the game) as of July 2020, and is now playing vanilla World of Warcraft.  It doesn’t sound like she will be back.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

Oh and in keeping with current speaking trends the title should have been "Where the [explative] is Redlynne?".

It's spelled 'expletive'.  🙂

15 hours ago, KauaiJim said:

If you haven't seen a live play done professionally I highly recommend it at least once.

I was lucky enough to live in NY City so I have seen Broadway shows, operas at the Metropolitan Opera House, various musical performances at Lincoln Center, etc.  Now I live near Boston and have seen a decent production of Carmen since moving here.  🙂

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

50 minutes ago, Apparition said:

It doesn’t sound like she will be back

That's too bad, I always thought she made good points, and gave great advice when she posted and seemed to genuinely love CoX. I hate to hear that the Community is losing someone of her caliber.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

I managed to get in touch with Redlynne.  She said that she is done with Homecoming permanently (both the forums and the game) as of July 2020, and is now playing vanilla World of Warcraft.  It doesn’t sound like she will be back.

My guess, they probably got a forum ban that triggered them to jump ship altogether. I recall a previous time they got modded and took a short break (or possibly the break was a ban in itself, who knows). But I'm speculating only, it just seems odd to post a ton of stuff on your last day of visiting the forums and just cutting cold turkey.

I'm glad to hear they're healthy though. Sometimes when people disappear, you just never know what the cause was and you can't help but think of the worst.

• Like 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I never knew her much at all, but from reading her post's she sounded like a nice smart good person. I just hope she is not leaving due to something that was said, done, or otherwise to her from either here on the forums, or in game. It would be better if she just wanted to try something new, cause the way you explained things @Apparition, it "sounded" like she was just sick of something here. Especially when you said she said "Homecoming" specifically" (both on the forums and in game). And to go to Vanilla WoW instead? To me, that doesn't sound so good, but who am I to judge? I think CoH is the best MMO in the world lol. Thanks for the heads up though...

Peace...

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

I am glad to hear Redlynne is okay.  For someone to be that involved in CoH / HC and then drop it like a hot potato (for vanilla WoW) sounds like maybe some unfortunate incident took place (as already speculated).  I wish Redlynne (and others) well where ever they go.  Salute.