Favorite Animation Combos?

dtjunkie

What are your favorite powers to use back to back in terms of animation?

My favorite is Heavy Mallet followed by Stone Mallet from Stone Melee. When your foe is hit by Heavy Mallet they are knocked up into the air and then land on their back, at which point you use Stone Mallet, which looks like you are then pounding them into the ground.

A close second is using lift from Gravity Control and following it up with Force Bolt from Force Field. I love tossing Hellions straight up into the air with Lift, and then seeing how far I can knock them back with Force Bolt while they are still airborne.

Ki-Push -> <Any Blast> <or> Storm Kick (gotta be fast) <or> Burst of Speed (wait a beat for best results).

Bonus Points: Ki Push -> Combat Teleport (targeted macro) -> Ki push -> Combat Teleport -> <<Repeat>> though that one is just a stupid mini-game. 😛

Burst of Speed -> Combat Teleport (<shift>-<W,A,S, or D> as appropriate) -> Vorpal Judgement.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Most anything with knockback/knockup.  Knockdown isn't as exciting to me.  Mighty Judgement with knockup.  Most of the dual blades animations look very cool.  Beam rifle and energy blast looks very cool.  Dark themed animations with the noir theme selected.  Shield Charge.  Crystal and Magma effects from earth control.  Most all of the savage attack animations.

There are tons of great animations in this game.  It's kind of hard to choose, really.  Of course, there are some pretty cheesy-looking ones, too (although what looks good and what looks cheesy is entirely subjective, I suppose).

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Ki-Push -> <Any Blast> <or> Storm Kick (gotta be fast) <or> Burst of Speed (wait a beat for best results.)

Ki Push > Eagle's Claw syncs perfectly.  Ki Push's knockback applies right when the kick from Eagle's Claw "lands."

One I'm fond of is the alternate animation for KO Blow with Shield Defense.  The animation makes it look like you're slamming your foe with your shield hard enough to toss them into the air.  It works with Radiation Siphon too I guess, but RS lack's KO Blow's knockup giving it less impact.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

15 hours ago, dtjunkie said:

My favorite is Heavy Mallet followed by Stone Mallet from Stone Melee. When your foe is hit by Heavy Mallet they are knocked up into the air and then land on their back, at which point you use Stone Mallet, which looks like you are then pounding them into the ground.

This is the combo that popped into my head when I saw the thread title, although I use it on an earth assault dominator. When it finishes off an opponent (which is usually), I call it "Get down and stay down".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Ki-Push -> <Any Blast> <or> Storm Kick (gotta be fast) <or> Burst of Speed (wait a beat for best results).

Ki Push combos so well with Dual Pistols.  Go Pistols for speed, Executioner's Shot for style.

And always call out "Pull!" when you do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Brawl:-)

Actually the staff power Aoe (Eye of the Storm, I think?), where, if you miss, at least you did some cool Break Dancing.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

20 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Bonus Points: Ki Push -> Combat Teleport (targeted macro) -> Ki push -> Combat Teleport -> <<Repeat>> though that one is just a stupid mini-game. 😛

Burst of Speed -> Combat Teleport (<shift>-<W,A,S, or D> as appropriate) -> Vorpal Judgement.

Ooooo I forgot about Ki-Push + Blast. I love that one!

My /Titan Weapons tanker uses a specific set of animations designed not necessarily for maximum effectiveness or anything, but just because it looks like it's got the right kind of "flow" when Momentum is active.  After getting Momentum with Rend Armor, go to Defensive Sweep (swing wide and upward!) to Crushing Blow (keep going, spin and down!), to Follow-Through (twirl that thing and repeat the swing without moving!).

I also have an /Atomic Blaster who does it for both cool factor and animation sake: Electron Shackles (extend the left hand) immediately followed by Positron Cell (arm stays extended, hand clenches back into a fist).  Looks cool and activates the set's unique debuff at the same time!

6 hours ago, cranebump said:

Brawl:-)

Actually the staff power Aoe (Eye of the Storm, I think?), where, if you miss, at least you did some cool Break Dancing.

Ah yeah. Staff... what is it, Innocuous Trikes, ala "Got your toes, got your toes, got your toes" that makes the enemies hop around (if they're not already animating something.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

Ah yeah. Staff... what is it, Innocuous Trikes, ala "Got your toes, got your toes, got your toes" that makes the enemies hop around (if they're not already animating something.)

Yep. innocuous strikes is so blatantly not innocuous it’s funny.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

10 hours ago, Zhym said:

Ki Push combos so well with Dual Pistols.  Go Pistols for speed, Executioner's Shot for style.

And always call out "Pull!" when you do it.

Executioner's Shot always makes me say, "dodge this."

My favorite combo? Same one I've watched countless times... followup, focus, slash, repeat, probably. Seismic smash, stone spears, heavy mallet, stone spears is way up there, though. And a nod has to go to blaze, flares, blazing blast, flares.

It takes a bit of practice to get it down right, but Martial Arts with Ninja Run active:

1. run at a large crowd

2. without slowing down, do a low somersault over their heads. Land tight against the far side of the crowd.

3. Dragon's Tail

4. Storm Kick

5. Eagle's Claw

Poetry in motion.

• Like 2

Street Justice. Because the the whole set is combos and the animations might be the best overall in terms of lack of overly long ones. I have lost count the times I use CU and go, "To the moon, Alice."

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."