I've got a rock in my eye

Seigmoraig

The new Seismic Blast set is a great addition the the ranged damage AT. It's fun to play and it has good powers.

The problem though is when you aren't playing Seismic Blast. When you are playing a melee class in any sort of closed space area, all you see are Upthrusts in your screen. If there are more than one SBers in the team you can barely see anything else. Seeing as it is new and all a lot of people are playing it, playing melee has become really painful to the point that I'm not sure the game is better with this set in it.
There either needs to be an option to minimum FX the Upthrust from Null the Gull or the animation needs to be toned down somewhat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think this is a vox populi kind of thing. As much as I hate me some Purple Cave missions, teaming with a seismic blast character in them wasn't just the usual I-wish-I-was dead annoying, it made me want to pull my eyes out first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

I think this is a vox populi kind of thing. As much as I hate me some Purple Cave missions, teaming with a seismic blast character in them wasn't just the usual I-wish-I-was dead annoying, it made me want to pull my eyes out first.

This.  Between that and Incarnate shields, my eyes are near bleeding, and reminding me I need to get new glasses next year.

A 'suppress other people's fx' option would be a welcome addition to the game. Maybe with a range of settings such as toning down the particle counts, enforcing default power fx or enforcing minimal fx etc. In busy teams the riot of competing power fx can be a headache inducing nightmare. I have had to turn my graphics all the way down before when things have got really bad but that's not the ideal solution.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

/noparticles 1

Will turn off a lot of sfx. Unfortunately including things like an illusionist's pets. But it sure is restful on the eyes!

And sometimes "/noparticles 0" won't restore everything until you log off and back on.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

One of the water blast sets (something water anyway) does this too, water sprays everywhere and you can't see a thing for a second or two.  Drove me nuts when that set was new and everyone and their brother had a new Water toon.  I've just learned to grit my teeth and wait it out.

But hey, no I can defend my use of KB, "I had to knock them back with my M-30 Grenade so I could see them!"

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

Would be a shame to suppress a lot of visuals because of seismic blast though, seems a bit of an overkill!

I understand what you're saying, but I for one, have long wished to do things like turn off the healing and damage numbers.  In the center of the mothership raid, those and a host of swirling powers in the center of disk make visually figuring out what's going on quite difficult.  I've asked around, repeatedly, and no one seems to know the exact toggle, if there is even one.  Having the ability to toggle any of these things would be quite helpful.

41 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Pretty sure there is no real life [Tab] acquire target (or lane) mechanism.

With the autmatic assistance driving systems that comes on market by daily base.. ull never know 🤣

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

1 hour ago, Erratic1 said:

Pretty sure there is no real life [Tab] acquire target (or lane) mechanism.

Because T*sl*s are just so gosh-darn perfect they don't need one. 😄

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

48 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I laughed. But tab f kill has never done me wrong in game. Especially after tweaking tab to target enemy near.

I've been using "Grapple" since about Ish 3. Makes mob melee a breeze.

/bind G "follow$$target_enemy_near"

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Seems to me that when you are playing a melee class, seeing things is often not the easiest regardless of powerset. I am not going to suggest that Seismic does not add its own distinctive extras to the pile of things which obscure vision but rather note that in terms of being particularly noteworthy...

...well...

....I'll just drop this screenshot from the Khan TF I just got out of:

screenshot_211219-16-49-26_1.thumb.jpg.c3e2f2aa6e823f99f0cc3883a69c628f.jpg

Can you tell what I am hitting? Can you tell how many enemies there are? Can you even tell what powers are being used?

Its Reichsman btw and somewhere off to a side is Gyrfalcon (I kinda had my hands full with Reichsy). 

Frankly I'll take a little bit of uplifted earth every now and then. Beats staring at demon a@# all the time.

• Like 2

Played a bunch of DA missions and wanted to whip whoever designed the Talons of Vengeance with a wet noodle. How about not being able to see and shaky cam. Squee!

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

17 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Can you tell what I am hitting? Can you tell how many enemies there are? Can you even tell what powers are being used?

At least the enemies you can tell by turning on their names and health bars. I have that somewhere in the guide in my signature.