IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

Wavicle

Excellent dismount!

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

I pulled this off with Self-Destruction once in the before times. I retired Self-Destruction afterwards because I was never, ever, ever going to top that.

• Like 4

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

The real trick is to rez yourself with your own Howling Twilight cast just before death... and then level!  I haven't managed that one yet either though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

The real trick is to rez yourself with your own Howling Twilight cast just before death... and then level!  I haven't managed that one yet either though.

The timing on Howling Twilight self-rezzes is SO TIGHT, but I keep trying to do it... I've done it once before, and that somehow convinces me that it's repeatable.

• Like 1

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

This happened to me once as well, back in the pre-shutdown days.  I do have all thanks that the Devs presumably anticipated this moment, and rigged it so that there would be a rez superseding death/defeat; yeah, as best I recall I did have the consequential debt to deal with, but this is a relatively small price to pay in the face of hitting the hosp and/or leaving teammates one fist short in a major big-league scrap.  Nice to see that this has happened to someone else over the course of the years. 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crasical said:

The timing on Howling Twilight self-rezzes is SO TIGHT, but I keep trying to do it... I've done it once before, and that somehow convinces me that it's repeatable.

It only happened to my Grav/Dark twice when I was leveling and afterwards, and I did play that toon a bit after 50 (that's usually where I start to roll new ones), so yeah it doesn't happen all the time.  On the other hand if you think about it as you're obviously getting overwhelmed, it's worth a shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 1/26/2022 at 3:48 PM, Glacier Peak said:

I would rank this as equally likely as turning in to a Rikti Monkey after using Secondary Mutation. Good work!

Last time I used it was when I got that, twice, in a row. What are the odds?

I figure it's a quantum thing, like USB-A ports. You try to plug it in, fail, then turn it around, fail, because the USB device is in superposition until you actually observe it. So then you look at the plug, it's waveform collapses, and now you can plug it in.

My practice is to announce, "Fear my Monkey-form!" before hitting secondary mutation. The only times I've turned into a monkey have been when I forgot.*

* Also keeps tigers away

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 1/25/2022 at 5:08 PM, Wavicle said:

I always assumed this was possible, but I had never seen it until today.

I died at the same moment I levelled, and thereby rezzed myself. It was hilarious and awesome!

Screenshot (7).png

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine..."

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine..."

Not evreyone can be Obi-Wan 🙂 .

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server