VidiotMaps for Issue 24 and Beyond

I reinstalled Windows, reinstalled the game, reinstalled the Issue 23 map pack, deleted the Data folder and dropped the MoreMaps4U Data folder in the root CoH folder.

I don't show *any* exploration badges or plaques in Imperial City.  Is this correct?  I just want to make sure I did everything correctly.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

1 hour ago, Display Name said:

I don't show *any* exploration badges or plaques in Imperial City.  Is this correct?  I just want to make sure I did everything correctly.

No, there should be both badges and plaques in Imperial City: https://paragonwiki.com/w/images//d/de/Imperial_City_VidiotMap.png

Just a guess, but I think by deleting your data folder, you wiped out your install of the i23 map pack. I don't see Imperial City listed among the zones that have been updated in the MoreMaps4U update, so I think that Imperial City map would have been in the i23 map pack.

Edit: Ok, so I guess I'm not understanding the instructions.

I deleted my existing data folder and simply reinstalled the Issue 23 map pack.  Naturally, it recreated the folder.  It also gave me a "May not have installed correctly" warning.  But how do I successfully merge the data folder from the MoreMaps4U with the already existing data folder?

Edit: I see icons in Imperial City!  But I'm only at i23 atm.

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 10:03 AM, Display Name said:

Edit: Ok, so I guess I'm not understanding the instructions.

I deleted my existing data folder and simply reinstalled the Issue 23 map pack.  Naturally, it recreated the folder.  It also gave me a "May not have installed correctly" warning.  But how do I successfully merge the data folder from the MoreMaps4U with the already existing data folder?

Edit: I see icons in Imperial City!  But I'm only at i23 atm.

If you don't see the correct maps, then delete the data folder, install the i23 first (into the /data folder) and then drop the update's data folder onto the root of COH so that it'll merge with the /data folder. Tell it to overwrite and you should be done.

• Thanks 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:58 PM, BlackSpectre said:

Can anyone give me instructions on how to install VideoTmaps on a Mac?

The folder structure should be the same for the Mac install, but you'll need to understand (I don't have a working Mac to test) how to navigate the Game package file. Once there, you just need to drop the i23's /data folder into the root of the game folder, then drop the update's /data folder onto that and merge the contents.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

• 2 weeks later
5 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Okay, never mind, I figured it out. Turns out all my files were scattered, how the game was even able to run is beyond me, but I cleaned up my files, put them in the correct folders, and everything worked.

The game doesn't rely on the /data folder to function, so while you may accidentally mess something up in there, it won't actually damage anything. That's why it's always safe to add/remove content from the folder (just remember to restart the game when you do).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

According to Vidiots maps, a player can log out "anywhere" in First Ward to get the Scavenger Day Job badge.  I logged out on the top of the Mother of Mercy hospital (ie: outdoors) and was able to get my Psychologist badge but *not* my Scavenger badge.

How do I get the Scavenger badge?

Edit: found a place!  You can't earn two Day Job badges at once, it seems...  Also, I had to log out and log back in to get the Scavenger icon to appear under my health bar so that was probably the entire issue!?

Edit: Also, there seems ot be a glitch with the Day Job icon showing up under the health bar.  If you enter a zone that triggers a Day Job (like the police station,) then the health bar icon is updated.  But if you move into a Day Job area and no load screen has occurred, then it sometimes doesn't update.  Relogging will fix this, btw.

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

In Port Oakes, there is a contact named Lord Schweinzer.  He's the contact for Mayhem Missions.  But he isn't marked on the map until you find him (he's on the porch of the house on the cliff above the submarine in the nw corner.)

Should this be added to Vidiots?  I ask because he's initially hidden.  Why do they have him hidden like that?  It seems to be intentional.  Maybe they do that to illustrate the clandestine nature of 'paper missions?

Edit: Whoops!  He *does* have a marker if you're red!?  I'm still not used to the (subtle) mechanics of alignment yet!?

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Lord Schweinzer is an unlockable contact added after the original game was sunset.  He becomes unlocked once a character has defeated 25 signature heroes (like the ones that try to stop bank robberies in mayhem missions) & offers access to any mayhem map without having to run the requisite number of newspaper missions.

• Thanks 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 3 weeks later

Vidiots maps works perfectly when I'm logged in to Homecoming.  But when I log into another server I can't see the Vidiots data.  I know the markers in Vidiots wouldn't (necessarily) apply to a different server, but why doesn't it show up?

@Super Whatsit

3 hours ago, Display Name said:

Vidiots maps works perfectly when I'm logged in to Homecoming.  But when I log into another server I can't see the Vidiots data.  I know the markers in Vidiots wouldn't (necessarily) apply to a different server, but why doesn't it show up?

Do you have multiple sets of the PIGG files on your computer? If so, that would indicate that each server is looking at different files, and you'd need to copy the \data folder structure into the other location(s).

• Thanks 1

Whoops!  I got it!  I was using a different launcher (Sweet Tea) and the silly thing created it's own coh folder!?  Once I pointed it to my CORRECT coh folder, everything worked correctly!

@Super Whatsit

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 7:11 PM, Display Name said:

You'll need to copy the /data folder into the root of the related installation folder. It "should" work, but only if they haven't completely sliced up the spaghetti code.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 5/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, SalvaNos said:

Does anyone know what the Star icon is for in Talos and Kings Row?

I not aware of a star icon that is the same in both of those zones, but I'll take a guess.

If you mean the orange star with a "1" in Talos, that is a marker for Citadel as the TF contact.

If you mean the purple star with a dot in the center in Kings Row, that is for the Clockwork Paladin zone event.

Edit: It occurred to me that you might be seeing the old map version of Talos Island that also had the purple star on it. If that's the case, that indicates the location of the Adamastor Rising zone event. However, that's not the current version of the map, and you should download the updates contained in MoreMaps4U.

Edited by Blondeshell

I installed the current version of the maps and the only map in the Rogue Isles that is working is St.Martial. The rest are still the originals. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not seeing these maps in the Zip file either.

image.png.4dd3542f823c07f6ff63b11dcd3ee93d.png

heya folx.

I have VidiotMaps fully installed with the update, no problems seeing the right textures, however... I have been running the Good Missions Guide by Gulbasaur on a new toon, and just got up to the first Shining Stars arc. I am noticing that on the mission map to "Rescue Manticore!" within the Phalanx's meeting chamber there is an exploration badge marker (1), but I can find no reference whatsoever to this marker. Is this a bug? I've attached a screenshot showing the location.

screenshot_200517-13-25-28.jpg

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

9 hours ago, archaelia said:

I have VidiotMaps fully installed with the update, no problems seeing the right textures, however... I have been running the Good Missions Guide by Gulbasaur on a new toon, and just got up to the first Shining Stars arc. I am noticing that on the mission map to "Rescue Manticore!" within the Phalanx's meeting chamber there is an exploration badge marker (1), but I can find no reference whatsoever to this marker. Is this a bug? I've attached a screenshot showing the location.

I think that map comes from the system, not VidiotMaps...  Either way, that room is a copy of one in the Midnight Club and that badge marker is for the Midnighter Club Member Badge.

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

10 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I think that map comes from the system, not VidiotMaps...  Either way, that room is a copy of one in the Midnight Club and that badge marker is for the Midnighter Club Member Badge.

Ahh ok that makes so much more sense. Thank you so much Doc!

• Like 1

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

On 5/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, Alverant said:

I installed the current version of the maps and the only map in the Rogue Isles that is working is St.Martial. The rest are still the originals. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not seeing these maps in the Zip file either.

image.png.4dd3542f823c07f6ff63b11dcd3ee93d.png

My guess is that you didn't install the original issue 23 map pack first. The files you listed here are the only villain maps that have been updated with the MoreMaps pack. Installing the original maps (and then the new ones again) should fix your problem.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, Blondeshell said:

My guess is that you didn't install the original issue 23 map pack first. The files you listed here are the only villain maps that have been updated with the MoreMaps pack. Installing the original maps (and then the new ones again) should fix your problem.

Do I run the exe from anywhere or do I need to run it in a specific folder?