Toggle Suppression for Khelds.

Rebirth finally got around to this, and while I don't play on that server, I think it's time we just make this a thing on HC.

Just let it be a thing, no bullshit give/take to 'balance' it, just give khelds toggle suppression and pat yourselves on a back for a job well done.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

This would change the way I build and play Kheldians, I would love it.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I wonder if Nova and Dwarf are simply coded to disable all other powers, (save for the ones specifically granted by those forms), vs all other powers then having to be recoded to suppress when one of the forms was active...

If I had to guess? I'd say for simplicity kheldians have three builds, not counting player builds, and changing forms loads that build. Since that build does not have the human form powers, toggles are disabled because the character no longer actually has them.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

*raises hand*

Mind you, I play a human form Peacebringer, so I'm fine. 😄 My friend with my build keeps faceplanting, but that's on him. Having more options is always good, and a more stable Kheldian might make multi form more enticing. 

*raises hand as well*

I have a human-form WS, though I took Dwarf form to be able to break free of mezzes, but it becomes insanely unenticing to use it when dropping it requires needing to quickly retoggle or risk face-planting. I admit to being a relative noob when it come to Khelds though, so some of it could totally be a me issue. After seeing that Rebirth found a way to make this change though, I would love if HC could find a way to make it so we have toggle suppression while shape-shifted to make even certain human-only builds perform a little better. 

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Human form mez protection, increased Damage Cap for the ATs as the forms have a modifier which regulates the flow of damage, toggle suppression, and as a pipe dream: things like inner light, essence boost, orbiting death, inky aspect and pulsar work while shape shifted.

Those things would likely help more of the community embrace the ATs.

It's a nice QoL change but doesn't do anything to resolve many of the other problems with the EATs.

Dwarf mez protection needs to carry through to human and nova for X # of seconds.

All human buffs/toggles should be available in dwarf and nova forms.

Dwarf and Nova attacks should be carry over clones from the human attacks so that you only need to slot said attack once. Betting this one would be argued about the most. Yes, it would mean dwarf and nova attacks would no longer be slottable because they would no longer actually exist, and would only have damage/range/cone size modified by form modifiers, much like tanks do now. This would also mean no more double-mire for black dwarf and no more double-heal for white dwarf but you'd get to use the PB heal in nova and the WS mire in dark nova. You would still be able to slot the forms themselves since they are actual power picks.

Probably can't be fixed, but the form shifting wonkiness that occurs when attempting to drop to human, but you hit the macro/bind to detoggle dwarf/nova and swap trays, fails if you do it during an attack animation, would be nice to see corrected somehow.

• Thumbs Up 2

As a Tri-Form PB that relies on rotating through forms for maximum AoE ...

I say Yes to the Dress!

To address the comment of "the 6 who play Kheldians"

I have multiple blasters, trollers, tanks etc

I have one each:

1. Peace Bringer
  2. Warshade
  3. Crab
  4. Widow

With three build options ...having just one satisfies me

I spent a year just on my PB

1. Triform build is main
  2. Nova/Human - maximizes powers for low level content
  3. Dwarf/Human - midrange ...and to tank with the build

Wouldn't mind a discussion on dmg output .... just a minor tweak here or there 

Note - the main complaint is accessing forms and powers.

Since Live I have used the in game key-mapping(I use the numpad) for Tray and power selection. Even targeting. 

Works well for me.

/e poofgone

5 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I personally dont even are did done are comprehend how you even have slots for shields to even need this

There arnt seriously people who take the damage loss of human form attacks for vanity, right?

Believe it or not, the shield powers have a very low slot investment to use. You can even get away with a single slot res+5 or res/end+5.

Between set bonuses, unique res proc ios, and your inherent you'll often be near or at res cap on teams even before light form.

As for human attacks, radiant strike has the best ST Dpa available to peacebringers. The optimal chain is gleaming, cross punch, radiant ED capped for dmg and the rest procs.

Fun fact; even some of the form powers share the same Dpa as their human variants.

Ex. Luminous detonation vs bright nova Det.

The nova variant has higher base dmg but longer animation. The dpa of both powers are the same.