Lore: What story would you have had for AE's disappearance from Atlas Park (and Mercy)?

Zhym

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Positron 2 TF, ya slowpoke!

...You know, my SG has meme'd that task force so hard as 'Positron just throws jetpacks at everyone and tells them to f**k off' that I completely forgot he's not actually the one who gives them to you. So fair point! xD

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

• Lead Game Master

I actually asked the devs if it would be possible to put construction workers and engineers and freedom corps guys around the Atlas AE building prior to the update, but, they said they didn't have time for that (I think it's something they'd already thought about doing before I brought it up, but it got vetoed) =(

Also, if you hang out near Dr. Aeon in Cap Au Daible, you'll hear one of his assistants praising him for taking out fire insurance policies on the AE buildings! =O

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

3 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

I actually asked the devs if it would be possible to put construction workers and engineers and freedom corps guys around the Atlas AE building prior to the update, but, they said they didn't have time for that (I think it's something they'd already thought about doing before I brought it up, but it got vetoed) =(

Also, if you hang out near Dr. Aeon in Cap Au Daible, you'll hear one of his assistants praising him for taking out fire insurance policies on the AE buildings! =O

It would be cool if alot of the construction in the RI and Paragon actually advanced over time.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

4 hours ago, Tachstar said:

image.png.7277f2363f439cbea24f7e246802c5d5.png

He looks like Nathan Fielder.  Maybe we need some AE arcs to rehearse doing Posi1, 2, etc.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

It would be cool if alot of the construction in the RI and Paragon actually advanced over time.

I vaguely recall something from back in the day that the construction in Steel was going to end up straddling Boomtown and become a spaceport. Dunno if that was serious or a real dev plan, but it sounded cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Mercy AE wasnt destroyed.  Aeon used that portal generator to move it to the shadow shard.  Its floating out there right now,  waiting for the time that the shadow shard gets a revamp and becomes co-op.  It will eventually become the beginning of a new base of operations for arachnos there.

Obviously the AE was never there. It was is some inception shit - a conception of itself in which it must have existed and so it did. Sadly, the really hot cup and tea went cold and the infinite improbability of it being there in the first place unwound into a faint possibility.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

13 hours ago, Herotu said:

Sadly, the really hot cup and tea went cold

Is that a fire farm shot or am I over analyzing everything now?

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

48 minutes ago, High_Beam said:

Is that a fire farm shot or am I over analyzing everything now?

Nope, it's all Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Edited by Herotu
  • Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

3 hours ago, Vandegraaff said:

Shivans....it's how they made Galaxy City dissappear 

The AE building is still there, but now no one can use it because all the stations are occupied by Shivans?

• Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

8 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

The AE building is still there, but now no one can use it because all the stations are occupied by Shivans?

Y'know... if someone hadn't let all those Shivans in on the AE farms, Galaxy City might still be around today...

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 12:32 PM, El D said:

As much as I think the explanations in the patch notes are all that's needed for the removal of the two buildings (during the Live days, these sorts of explanations and lore-posts for events got pushed pretty often after all <.<), if this had involved something active in-game I would have gone for something small and simple; a 'Personal Story Arc' where you play as Dr. Aeon getting absolutely destroyed in a short legal trial after having been caught using AE to spy on countless heroes. Once the verdict is reached (guilty, obviously) have another organization come in and take over the AE buildings in Paragon, while the Rogue Isles ones remain under Aeon's influence because Rogue Isles/jurisdiction issues.

Why Paragon City allowed a corporation run by one of Arachnos' top scientists and globally known key associates (not to mention also funded by Crey) to continually record and analyze the fighting abilities of its heroes is beyond me. IMO, the Blueside version should have been run by Hero Corps from the get-go - their whole schtick since launch was assessing and promoting the capabilities of heroes and vigilantes. Bonus points, it'd give their organization actual substance in-game, which they've lacked ever since we got the ability to adjust Notoriety Levels from the chat window (seriously, when's the last time anyone ever spoken to a Field Analyst?).

Yeah, back when this feature first went live, the official story left me incredulous.  "Sure, I'm gonna go stick my head in that."

• Like 2

The Mercy Island one was obviously overrun by Snakes.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝