The Ignore Function

Seed22

Tired of the back 'n forth? Simply go under your account, go to 'Ignored Users', then type in the name of those who you wish to ignore. No more back n forth, no more constantly negative people in your thread! Use it. Love it. Pass it on!

*EDIT: changed phrasing around a bit to uh, be better suited to discussion I guess?

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Got rid of a few like that, no need to mention names. Remember to then add what content from them you no longer wish to see (posts, DMs, etc),

• Like 1

Use ignore, but don't abuse it.

You can only ignore 30 in game before they the oldest one gets kicked off the end of the list.

You can ignore all the people you want in the forums.

Before long you will have no one to converse with -or- only the civilized, non-trolling posters to have discussions with.

I have plenty of civilized, non-trolling posters to have discussions, with and my forum experience is much better for use of the ignore function.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Yeah, but don't you see responses to some ignored entity and wonder what the heck they're talking about? 

Also - ignoring people just because you don't care for their views or their tone...well, doesn't that something about you? If we cannot read other people's opinions without it ruining our day, then isn't something amiss? 

You can't let things out of your control impact your life. Particularly things that only exist in pixel form. Yes, you can certainly get frustrated that something happened in game, or you can certainly be irritated by words you read. But if you have to ignore those people for your own piece of mind, than I would think there's really something else going on. But hey, that's just me. 

There's about 6 folks in these forums that I pretty much KNOW they are going to take the opposite side of my issue. A couple of them, I swear they are specifically trolling just me, but I also know that's just perception bias. The other 4 seem fairly well thought out. And I make a point to send DMs to those people that I appreciate their efforts to be civil, and while I respect their views, I still disagree. 

Sure, I could ignore the first two, but I have to keep an open mind in these crazy debates, because sometimes I'm very wrong. To be a man, you MUST be willing to appear inconsistent, and then change your mind, if the facts tell you that you've been wrong. Otherwise, you're a fool, sticking your head in the sand. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Sure, I could ignore the first two, but I have to keep an open mind in these crazy debates, because sometimes I'm very wrong. To be a man, you MUST be willing to appear inconsistent, and then change your mind, if the facts tell you that you've been wrong. Otherwise, you're a fool, sticking your head in the sand. 

This is the most correct.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

6 hours ago, Snarky said:

what the hell does this mean?  i have read it 3 times.  where is the COFFEE

It was a generic term i heard round these here parts. Honestly? I could care less what any of you think almost about well, anything(no offense. It’s a game, and I don’t know you folks all that well), but I think if people are slinging the term around, I’d try and include it in the blurb.

I should add, wrong or right in CoH is irrelevant. But missing key info in feedback threads thanks to the usual back n forth between the same offenders? Not great.

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

Yeah, but don't you see responses to some ignored entity and wonder what the heck they're talking about? 

Also - ignoring people just because you don't care for their views or their tone...well, doesn't that something about you? If we cannot read other people's opinions without it ruining our day, then isn't something amiss? 

You can't let things out of your control impact your life. Particularly things that only exist in pixel form. Yes, you can certainly get frustrated that something happened in game, or you can certainly be irritated by words you read. But if you have to ignore those people for your own piece of mind, than I would think there's really something else going on. But hey, that's just me. 

There's about 6 folks in these forums that I pretty much KNOW they are going to take the opposite side of my issue. A couple of them, I swear they are specifically trolling just me, but I also know that's just perception bias. The other 4 seem fairly well thought out. And I make a point to send DMs to those people that I appreciate their efforts to be civil, and while I respect their views, I still disagree. 

How about you do you and I do me without telling the others that they are weak for not doing you? Er.. doing it your way?

Cutting toxic exes or toxic family members or toxic friends is not a weak move from a weak person. And I would have more attachments to those three than rando forums people I don't want in my life.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

God, it's so freeing to remember I'm here for fun and if something isn't fun, I can omit it from my experience. I moderate a large community elsewhere on the internet and I *have* to keep an eye on everything being said so sometimes I forget in other places I... don't have to do that. I can just go 'not today, Satan!'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

No.

I don't really use the ignore function a whole lot (my in-game ignore list has all of like, one person on it), but if someone is on my ignore list, it's because I don't care what they have to say

I think it's important to recognize the distinction between a person choosing to ignore someone else because they make them 'mad', or ignoring someone because they have better things to do than than acknowledge a clown car full of bad takes in human form.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

ignoring people just because you don't care for their views or their tone...well, doesn't that something about you?

Sometimes, putting someone on ignore for the wildest and ice cold takes that these forums produce can be cathartic and better for mental health. Not wanting to engage with someone says you're more willing to not see what someone you disagree with. That's a powerful and good move, because no one should subject themselves to certain posters if it agitates them.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

You can't let things out of your control impact your life. Particularly things that only exist in pixel form. Yes, you can certainly get frustrated that something happened in game, or you can certainly be irritated by words you read. But if you have to ignore those people for your own piece of mind, than I would think there's really something else going on.

Shaming people or otherwise claiming things like this is dangerous. No one owes someone else their attention and so on. If someone is making some absolutely brainless takes about development (in the example of using these forums) or spinning conspiracy theories? Then yes, they should absolutely be ignored. Being frustrated and irritated and ignoring the source of that is natural. It's not harmful like you're painting it to be.

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

To be a man, you MUST be willing to appear inconsistent, and then change your mind, if the facts tell you that you've been wrong. Otherwise, you're a fool, sticking your head in the sand. 

Demeaning ("You're a fool") people for not wanting to see or engage with other people is bad. Just straight up bad. Nothing about this is "being a man."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble