Sigh Barbie

Snarky

The people have spoken.  F-ing idiots.  

don't get me wrong.  Everyone loves Margot Robbie.  Even I have to admit she has an alluring neck.  Also, I love crazy chicks. Not sure if she is one, but her characters always seem to have at least one bolt not adjusted properly.

Margot told the bosses the film could make a billion with the right director and support.  i read that a while ago, and I was like "Right...."  So, ... yeah.

But I bring all this up to ask if people are creating any Barbie themed toons.  What are there styles? Powers?  Marine Corps Barbara? AR/Dev Blaster!

I will not be doing so, as I never run fem toons.  But I am always curious what the cool kids are doing.  

And, of course, please be "inspired by" and not "blatant rip off and copyright infringement issues" 🙂 

• Thumbs Down 1

30 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

Best would be Necro Barbie and her Zombie Kens.....

Why cant we mod pets grrr lol  

So many possibilities.  (and yeah I know the wrong alleys believe me)

I would run a great Necromancer but just want plain skeletons and zombies

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I will not be doing so, as I never run fem toons.  But I am always curious what the cool kids are doing. 

How about furries?  I have two catgirls.  😛

• Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

10 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

How about furries?  I have two catgirls.  😛

I run a few "furry compatible?" toons.  Is WoW Tauren a Furry?  I do love the lumbering beasts.  I also have a reptile man I played for about a year+ in a tabletop campaign.  Not a furry I guess.  Vicious thing.  Lucked into meeting a young artist, Jennifer Ando, who would go on to work for Disney.  She did a colored pencil of him for $40   I tried to make a version of him for CoH.  The reptile head is there,  But he is a robe wearer and the options are crap.  He is a Fire Blaster.  Was a Mana Fire Mage in RoleMaster.  (I learned to program spreadsheets to keep up with the crazy math in that game...) He had a "dark side" hidden from the group.  1) batshit crazy 2) evil mentalist.  Was fun to play.  And that part is available in CoH, sort of, Fire/Psi.  But I hate playing close and that style is IN YOUR FACE.  But...no robes.  Tangent.  Not a furry.  

Edited by Snarky

A) Not everything animal-related is a furry.  Stop that, it's dumb.

B) I had considered making a Barbenheimer toon, with like radiation powers colored pink, but never got round to it.  I'm sure that name's gone by now.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

B) I had considered making a Barbenheimer toon, with like radiation powers colored pink, but never got round to it.  I'm sure that name's gone by now.

If it wasn't gone before your posted it, it is now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

15 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Physicist Barbie was available on Excelsior.  *Was*.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

Much like the movie, I can't be made to care. Refresh is about as close as I would get.

pic6818848.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I just thought of one. Not making it, but the idea is funny to me

Barbiella. Name inspired by Barbie and Barbarela. 

because she trains with barbells and was trying to build a social media following…

concept; strongwoman contestant offered a strength upgrade by a corp ( prob one of usual suspects but hiding behind fake names ) and to trick her public she sats she is going to a beauty spa.  Well, they do make her beautiful… but overtuned her upgrades by a factor of 10-20.  She now has Super Strength and ???     Can no longer compete in contests but she has a huge following as she saved the city again snd again.  

• Like 1

I saw a review of the Barbie movie by The Critical Drinker on YouTube, and let's just say I will not and cannot support anything about this movie.  It took something timeless and pure and twisted it into something ugly.  No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Game Master
1 hour ago, Player2 said:

I saw a review of the Barbie movie by The Critical Drinker on YouTube, and let's just say I will not and cannot support anything about this movie.  It took something timeless and pure and twisted it into something ugly.  No thanks.

I like Drinker, he's mostly on the ball as is Doomcock. Some of the others tend to err too much on the right wing side of the spectrum (not to the crazy end) which is their right but they tend to be a bit more biased. The best one is Ryan George and his pitch meetings. Those almost always hit it spot on.

I just don't get how Barbie and Oppenheimer ended up conflated. Wildly different movies with wildly different audiences. I'm more Barbie myself, and can't think of anything more dreary or tedious than a jingoistic biopic by a director I've never enjoyed a single film from. Yes even Batman.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I just don't get how Barbie and Oppenheimer ended up conflated.

Near as I can tell, it's for no better reason than that they were released on the same weekend.  I'm not a movie hound by any means, but it feels like it's been a while since we've had a doubleheader release of two heavily promoted and anticipated movies.

That said, I was thwarted in my efforts to find out more by the overpowering amount of radioactive pink being lasered directly into my eyes every time I searched for anything Barbie-related.  Here's hoping that my retinae will recover and I'll shake the sickly green veil through which I now see the world.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Supertanker said:

I'm going to assume Barbie Q is already taken

Yep.  Fire/Fire Tank.
And pre-existed this movie by a huge margin.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

LeVar Burton referred to Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax, DS9) as Action Barbie because she was thrilled to do her own stunts and fight scenes.  The Barbie that can kick your ass is the best Barbie, as far as I'm concerned.

r/popculturechat - Some considered this Barbie offensive to Mexicans

This looks more in line with @Snarky's schtick, though.

And that concludes my interest in, knowledge and awareness of Barbie... unless they make a SHODAN Barbie.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

10 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Physicist Barbie was available on Excelsior.  *Was*.

Well, that was a fast generic-ed name.

My complaint is not that it was generic-ed.  My complaint is that it was generic-ed when no one could have possibly seen it, so clearly someone reported me from this post in the forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

4 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I just don't get how Barbie and Oppenheimer ended up conflated. Wildly different movies with wildly different audiences.

I think that's actually the reason.  The idea went viral because it's such a silly idea to watch both movies as if they were a double-feature.  It's a loss less dumb than most Tik-Tok trends these days.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well.

First off, I enjoyed the movie.  Not perfect, had some slow moments but fun and definitely something different than the bulk of the crap that has been shovelled out there as of late.

As for Barbie toons.  about 8 months ago me and a number of other Nukems created a goof supergroup called Barbie's Funhouse (Barbie's and Ken's welcome, sorry GI Joe) and had Barbie named toons, some of which were around even before we did it, Kick Fighter Barbie, Riot Buster Barbie, Ball Breaker Barbie.

This morning when I logged to check on my market transactions I got the alert that she had been Generic'd.  Same for the bulk of the group (all of the ones mentioned above).  Does it suck.  Sure.  But hey, I get it.  But that kind of muddies the idea of the whole someone narc'd the names out (as alluded to above) because I hadn't logged onto her in more than 15 days.  But again, whatever, it was meant to be funny and it was and now I shall move on.

Besides, life in plastic is still fantastic.

Of course I need a new name.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

53 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, that was a fast generic-ed name.

My complaint is not that it was generic-ed.  My complaint is that it was generic-ed when no one could have possibly seen it, so clearly someone reported me from this post in the forum.

Or Barbie has been added to a banned words list and you got caught in a sweep?

17 minutes ago, Parabola said:

Or Barbie has been added to a banned words list and you got caught in a sweep?

Nerp, it is not banned since you can still make characters named Barbie.  Physicist Barbie, Sad Barbie, Nepotism Barbie, Conspiracy Barbie -- all available!

Who run Bartertown?