If you were to make a priest that deals in Exorcism, What powers would you give him ??

smnolimits43

Gotta be something that can solo Infernal, right?  Else that would be a might bit embarrassing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

I give you Divine Radiance (Rad/Atomic Blaster) - an angelic embodiment of God who has come to Primal Earth to smite evildoers with golden rays of God's Light.  

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b35091af128d23a605476b32f4a727.jpeg

• You could make your priest be a Rad/Ninja Blaster - Golden rays of God's Light and a bag of "Holy" tricks.  
  • As I think more.... there are SO many options....
    • Ranged AT sets that might work:
      • Blasts sets:
        • Water
        • Rad
        • Psy
        • Archery
        • Dual Pistols
        • Energy
        • Sonic
        • Storm
      • Blaster secondaries:
        • Atomic
        • Energy
        • Martial
        • Mental
        • Ninja
        • Sonic
        • Tactical Arrow
        • Temporal
      • Defender Corruptor Sets:
        • Empathy
        • Kinetics
        • Nature
        • Pain
        • Poion
        • Rad
        • Sonic
        • Storm
        • Time
        • Trick Arrow
    • Melee AT sets that might work:
      • Defense
        • Invuln
        • Rad
        • Shield
        • Super Reflexes
        • Willpower
      • Attacks
        • Dual Blades
        • Energy Melee
        • Katana / Ninja Blade
        • Kinetic 
        • Martial Arts
        • Psy 
        • Rad 
        • Staff
        • Street Justice
        • Super Strength
        • War Mace
    • Control Sets that might work:
      • Gravity
      • Illusion
      • Mind
      • Symphony

OMG... SO MANY OPTIONS!!  😄  Just pick your playstyle, pick your AT, and then narrow down your sets.  

7 hours ago, tidge said:

What kind of Priest are we talking about?

A Ninja/Trick arrow MM could fit an occidental Priest.

A Dark/Water Blast Defender could be a more western take, with the ritualistic powers of healing and holy water.

maybe I misinterpreted but I think you made an occident.  I’d think your description works for an Eastern priest not a Western priest.

• Haha 3

Who run Bartertown?

Screenshot_20231113_214814.thumb.jpg.458dc8eb1bc95719ecc00584824498ed.jpg

Figs - rogue isles exorcist

hmm.

legacy chain were always a really 😎 group, fighting in unison. so as a low effort lift, probably stuff from that.

chains like wow shackle undead.

stuff where you flail yourself  like some kind of zealot, blood magic and all.  like how radiance works in lords of the fallen, all holy light and bloody thorns and nuns vomiting blood into chalices they then raise and drink to empower casts.

and hotcakes 🥞❤️, because christmas. also, custard.

Edited by honoroit

I'm a fan of the way white electricity looks as a "holy power" ... might also do a slightly yellow tinted white.

Thematically, I would look at the dominator options.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

On 11/11/2023 at 9:41 AM, Snarky said:

I like the warhammer priest idea.  Probably a bit off track….

No, I like this idea better than all the light blasting ones.  Fits a more natural theme.   For less Warhammer, go Willpower/Staff.  Maybe skip the breakdancing PBAoE tho...

The deacon who made the bishop's crozier | Deacon Greg Kandra

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Symphony so you can imagine Tubular Bells used in the Exorcist perhaps...

or Mace if you want to be like a D&D cleric, because bashing peoples heads in is so much more holy than stabbing them.*

Bell, Book and Candle were the traditional tools of the Exorcist - the bell because it was a holy church instrument,  and resonated around the community, the book because that's the holy scripture and the candle to shine light on the darkness. I'd suggest if you went with that theme a Sonic/Rad defender with fire as an APP. Sonic to represent the chanting, Rad to be the holy light that weakens the evil and fire to cleans their soul. Make the colours bright and bind some chants and use the CoT "Floatbooks" emote wherever possible. Also hang out in the universities and look very scary.

*Bishop Odo of Bayeux is alleged to have used a mace instead of a sword at the Battle of Hastings, and is portrayed as such on the famous tapestry but that may be a poor translation/interpretation of the notion. However many Holy men are known to have eschewed edged weapons to set them apart  (and above) mere knights. Knights might swear service to the Lord, but Bishops had his ear.

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
weakness

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

3 hours ago, Healix said:

Scarlet, that is pure genius!

Thanks. I'm tempted to do something like it myself - but I might choose Dark instead of Rad to reflect the "blinding of evils" so they cannot see to do harm.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

you should probably (mis)quote this from Ordell Robbie in Jackie Brown:

"The Ghost Slaying Axe: When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf***in undead in the room, accept no substitutes."

NOT...a Reverse Exercism (insert Aussie joke vid here) 

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)