If you could only have one...

It would be "no, more characters have more stories to tell, and that's the whole point of playing this for me."  No way I could limit myself like that.

If I had that limit, I'd have a hundred accounts with one character each to get around it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Moose 1
  • Microphone 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

It would be "no, more characters have more stories to tell, and that's the whole point of playing this for me."  No way I could limit myself like that.

If I had that limit, I'd have a hundred accounts with one character each to get around it.

Quit being like that and just play along

Id probably go with my PB.

That why I have options on how I want to play - blast, melee or even throw out some heals if needed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nonpoint said:

Knowing what you know now and having experienced what you have so far, if you had to pick only 1 character from your stable, what/who would it be and why?

altholic here.  Can't pick just one.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

If I had to go with just one, probably my Savage/Shield stalker.  I have a number of pretty good toons where I either lifted a build straight from these forums, or took one and somewhat adapted it to fit my own particulars, but my stalker is one I put the most work into because I was going in such unconventional directions with: I wanted all the combat TP powers I could get.  It's not an optimized build or anything, "why didn't you take Fold Space?!" but he's a blast to play and he's all mine, I took little help from anyone else in making his build. 

Also has one of the best pun names I've come up with, The Pink Bampfer.  You can probably imagine what his basic costume looks like.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Couldn't do it.

It'd have to be Scarlet of course but that would destroy the game for me so... No!

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

Yeah I like al of my characters, but if a gun was to my head I'd say 

Di Di Guns.  DP/MC Blaster.

Fast fun gunfighter, my first 50 on HC.  Very survivable but still surprises me at times.  Plus . . . so secksi.

Edited by High_Beam
Added AT.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

No question for me, my dark/sonic defender.  I would miss the hell out of some others, but there's no contest: she's my favorite persona of the lot, as well as a capable soloist, great on teams, effective at any level, and just fun as hell to play.

• Like 1

I have two characters that I couldn't imagine doing away with. The others could probably float away because I haven't developed them enough, but Grey-Ghost and Brick-Wall have both had a lot of development since they began and are both too fun to play for me.

Do or die scenario? My main, Sky-Hawke the Rad/WP Brute, for many reasons. 1. Sky has been my character (powers and AT have changed at times) since live beta. 2. He's built to wreck face. 3. It'd feel weird to not have him.

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

Easy, play along answer.  My Claws/SR scrapper GRETA-001.

The real answer.  Anger, decreasing playtime until weeks stretched between log in on a character that between here and Live versions probably has around 4000 hours.  One of the reasons, if not the reason, I play this game is the immense variety of characters one can play while doing a crazy amounts of different things in different ways with an equally varied and vast pool of fellow gamers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2024 at 1:55 PM, High_Beam said:

DP/MC Blaster.

Fast fun gunfighter, my first 50 on HC.  Very survivable but still surprises me at times.  Plus . . . so secksi.

This would be my answer, too.  My main is a Fire/Ice blaster and I love her, but if it was only one character forever, I'd have to go with Gun Sue.  There's just something so stylish and satisfying about the DP/MC combo.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I've had three real loves across my collection of characters here, over on Paragon and back in the Live days... I could keep a character list to those three, but I wouldn't want to go lower than that. I'd end up missing someone. 

Those three are a Dual Blade/Willpower/Mu Mastery Stalker with a perma-summoned Adept companion (Grey Kestrel and Red Cardinal, who I do tend to think of as a pair, rather than just as Kes on her own-), a Darkity/Dark/Dark Defender (Nemissary. My first and favorite Death Mage, who was built to live life on the front line-) and a Willpower/Dual Blade Tank (Palrah... More a "heavy scrap" than a real tank, but still great fun to play-)

I'd pretty seriously miss my Broadsword/Bio Brute (Semnai) and my Dark/WP Sentinel (Shonokin) if I couldn't keep them, too... But I'm not quite as attached to them as I am to the first trio.

I have a small case of altitis, I guess. But it's a pretty modest one.  😝

Edited by Coyotedancer

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Probably my Super strength/shield/EM brute

He checks all the boxes

Fast recharge so i dont have to pay very close attention to my power bar

with cross punch and energy torrent I have 4 aoes murkin foes

single target is pretty good too

Rage+Fury+Against all odds = a very high damage cap 

Force feedback every freaking where

Infiltration means gives me great running speed + stealth + jump

Mystic flight gives me Flight + teleport. 

which is basically every travel power (its good enough lol)

softcapped positional defenses

45% resists on average

zero endurance issues even without incarnates

love the sounds super strength makes

the only issues are lack of a heal which isn't generally an issue except

when rage crashes and takes my defenses with it.

I've learned to pop a purple or CC foes with a KD of some sort

tbh the rage crash keeps me on my toes or he would be too strong

and I would have gotten bored by now

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 1/9/2024 at 8:29 PM, Grouchybeast said:

This would be my answer, too.  My main is a Fire/Ice blaster and I love her, but if it was only one character forever, I'd have to go with Gun Sue.  There's just something so stylish and satisfying about the DP/MC combo.

Same here.  I have a lot of characters I'm attached to and that are fun to play, but for sheer playing joy there's nothing like my DP/MC blaster. 

Sliss- the mutant water dragon that grew up eating sewer bugs that ate the chemicals cast off by the Vahz. Radiation/Dark Blast. I'll admit that it's mostly for nostalgia reasons. I ran with the same team from 1 to 50, and one of those was a Regen scrapper with a death wish. Our "alpha strike" was to have her run into a room and do as much damage as possible before dying, then I'd nuke her body to finish them off. By then one us would have a Rez back up. 

KR Devil (aka Juan Jiminez? [never been confirmed!]).:-) 

It's not optimal, but AR/TA. Got a lot better with the changes to Full Auto, but it's really about flexibility from the Arrow set. And I just like spraying lead.:-)

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I hate the thought of not having all the toons I worked so hard on...but if I were forced to choose only one, it would have to be Healix. She was born in Galaxy City in April of 2004, my very first creation.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!