Patch Notes for September 10th, 2019

Leandro

General

• The 32-bit client should now work properly on Windows XP and old versions of MacOS; please let us know if you still need the Safe Mode client.
  • Native High DPI Scaling mode. The game will now use the Windows UI Scaling setting for the monitor it is currently played on. You can disable Automatic UI Scaling from the Options (under the Windows tab) and change it manually. This slider can scale a lot more things than the old Window Scaling setting, which is still available via slash commands for individual windows.
  • Added option under Windows tab to independently change the size of the names above players' / NPCs' heads.
  • Added the ability to select Borderless Fullscreen mode in any monitor connected to the system.
  • Corrected an issue that caused some billboards in the game to have swapped the colors blue and red in the 64-bit client.
  • Fixed a crash on certain missions that spammed LOTS of chat bubbles (Confront Veles, Investigate Harvan's Lab).
  • You can now move stacks of salvage out of the vault again.

Tasks

• Chernobog will now always spawn after the cutscene in Shauna Stockwell's storyarc.
  • Omnicore can no longer be killed by her own robots and prevent her mission from being completed.
  • Added a very obvious waypoint to Laura Lockhart's body in the mission "Defend the UNSF Base".

Zones

• Ghost of Scrapyard can now be spawned by defeating 100 Scrapyarders in Sharkhead Isle, and should no longer walk into the Black Market kill field.
  • The AVs that spawned in Recluse's Victory were dependent on team size, resulting in some of them being rare. As of this patch, they will spawn regardless of team size in one of three pairs: Positron/Synapse, Back Alley Brawler/Manticore, or Ms. Liberty/Penny Yin. On the villain side, it'll be Black Scorpion+Mako, Ghost Widow+Scirocco, or Lord Recluse+Random patron.
  • The cars in Kallisti Wharf will no longer get stuck in an intersection.
  • Fixed the zone cap in The Hive, The Abyss and the Rikti War Zone to be 50 (this was accidentally changed in May - it should have always been 50).

Badges

• Eochai and Jack in Irons will now reward their badges on defeat regardless of how much damage the player does to them.
  • Fixed the badge art for "Skip Tracer" and "Portal Hopper".

Base Items

• Added the Nemesis Horse as a base item, with and without FX.
  • Fixed Bathtub Water collision bug.

Powers

• Fixed an issue where Psionic Assault > Psi Dart and Poison > Envenom would randomly execute a different animations.
  • Fixed an issue where Beam Rifle Disintegration Spread would not need Disintegration effect on the target to be triggered.
  • Fixed an issue where Pool > Concealment > Stealth was making players completely translucent.
  • Fixed missing +Range buff in Blaster Quick Snipes.
  • Fixed an issue where Pool > Concealment > Stealth was granting double Stealth
  • Fixed an issue where Engagement mechanics was taking 10 seconds after attack, when it should had taken 8.
  • Fixed an issue where Devices > Targeting Drone was taking 30 seconds out of combat, instead of 8, to increase it's damage buff.
  • Fixed a bug where Illusion Control powers would not stack as expected.
  • Fixed a bug where Illusion pets were ignoring enhancements.
  • Fixed a bug where Stalker > Epic > Mu > Zapp would crit multiple times in a single activation. Also fixed timing issues with the FX in this power.
  • Fixed a bug in Quick Sniper Blast (All versions) where the central energy orb would ignore color tinting.
  • Fixed a bug where some snipes would not disable properly.
  • Blaster Devices:
    • Targeting Drone and Field Operative were granting double buffs for some of their attributes since last patch. This has been fixed.
    • Gun Drone now taunts enemies it hits. In addition, enemies near the Turret should often prioritize attacking the Drone. This power now takes taunt and taunt set enhancements.
  • Stalker:
    • Mace Master > Mace Beam: This power was doing double critical hits in some situations since last patch. This should now be fixed.
    • Savage Melee > Assassins Frenzy: This power should now grant 3 stacks of frenzy while used from hide.
  • Concealment > Invisibility: the translucency effect should completely disappear if engaged in combat.
  • Dominator > Radioactive Assault: Procs should no longer trigger off the special AoE triggered off hitting Contaminated targets.
Edited by Leandro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Leandro said:

Added the ability to select Borderless Fullscreen mode in any monitor connected to the system.

I do not see this as an option under the screen/UI options on the 64 bit client.  What am I missing?

Matt Miracle

Covenant of Honor - Excelsior

A.W.O.L. (formerly on Liberty Live Server).

5 hours ago, Leandro said:

• Fixed an issue where Pool > Concealment > Stealth was making players completely translucent.
  • Fixed an issue where Pool > Concealment > Stealth was granting double Stealth.
  • Concealment > Invisibility: the translucency effect should completely disappear if engaged in combat.

I put this in bug reports section, but it seems stealth is still making my characters completely translucent, and my character does not exit stealth upon attacking or being attacked.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Savantir07 said:

I put this in bug reports section, but it seems stealth is still making my characters completely translucent, and my character does not exit stealth upon attacking or being attacked.

Ditto, I'm still seeing completely invisi-Stealth.

(Pity about the Hive cap, but oh well. Knew it couldn't last.)

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

A zone cap of 50 for RWZ? This is just senseless. An MSR with a full league will be 48. Now, when someone tries to recruit for this, the entire league at some point will have to move to rwz2. 

There has to be a better solution. 

Hive cap at 50? That's fine. Maybe now a hami-o will be worth the effort. 

• Like 3

Some bugs so far (the first i mentioned in its own thread)

-Portable workbench spawning as a KoA pet - doesn't work for crafting.

-Burn patch showing up as caltrops; /fa has gone back to original gfx on my guy apart from the caltrops. I did have him on minimal fx or dark, don't remember. A person who cares about costumes would probably be able to expound on this one.

-some base items have been replaced by gremlins - basic reclamator, pillar of ice and fire, auto-doc, teleport beacons. Someone with an elaborate base could probably say more. The items still work so these are pretty ineffectual gremlins by gremlin standards.

11 minutes ago, Leandro said:

@Veelectric Boogaloo In Tequila, hit Options and then Re-Validate. It sounds like you're missing a pigg or two.

That did the trick, thanks. Never would have occurred to me to re-validate right after a patch but I must've had some hiccup in the patching. Now to see about converting my bug thread to a hilarious screenshot thread 😄

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

• Added the ability to select Borderless Fullscreen mode in any monitor connected to the system.

This is an awesome change! Very appreciated, Dev Team!

I wish I could figure out how to do this.  My only options are Windowed (with boarders) and different screen resolutions on my Screen/UI drop down.

Matt Miracle

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!  Thank you! 

Your miracle is other people's curse.  Because of the mechanics of the Hami raid this will open up all kinds of problems for future raids and likely make it something only people who are in, in groups get to participate in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Leandro said:

@Matt_Miracle Re-Validate files in Tequila and make sure your antivirus is not blocking the new cityofheroes.exe download.

THANK YOU!!!!!  I closed out and opened Tequila again and saw more files patching.

I was going nuts trying to find it.  🙂

Matt Miracle

7 hours ago, Leandro said:

• Fixed a bug where Illusion Control powers would not stack as expected.
  • Fixed a bug where Illusion pets were ignoring enhancements.

Bless you and all the devs that put their efforts into maintaining this fantastic game.  I lived with these bugs, but am so thrilled they are fixed now.  The boys are not longer shooting at the ceiling all the time, KD is working in the pet again...oh, happy days.  Thanks so much for all your efforts.

~N

1 hour ago, Savantir07 said:

Yes, that fix was a dud. There is another fix on the queue but it's part of the "page 3" update branch with all the PVP and tanker changes which will hit the testing server later today, so it will be a while before it makes it to the live servers.

20 minutes ago, TheAdjustor said:

Your miracle is other people's curse.  Because of the mechanics of the Hami raid this will open up all kinds of problems for future raids and likely make it something only people who are in, in groups get to participate in.

Yes because the mechanics are so hard. Oh please help me with the Hami.

This is not a curse. This is how it should be, and quite frankly the reduction of leechers to the raids are a good thing. You can run a raid yourself you know, there is no 'in-group' of people leading hamis. There is only people willing to lead hamis. But just because your not willing to lead, don't try to claim some vicious elitist motive to who leads the Hami raid because your unwilling.

but oh the Hami mechanics are so hard. Get out of here. 

For anyone unfamiliar with the hami mechanics, here's a guide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

21 minutes ago, Profit said:

Yes because the mechanics are so hard. Oh please help me with the Hami.

This is not a curse. This is how it should be, and quite frankly the reduction of leechers to the raids are a good thing. You can run a raid yourself you know, there is no 'in-group' of people leading hamis. There is only people willing to lead hamis. But just because your not willing to lead, don't try to claim some vicious elitist motive to who leads the Hami raid because your unwilling.

but oh the Hami mechanics are so hard. Get out of here. 

kids these days ... i say BRING IT!

• Like 2