Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 2/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, Player2 said:

Is the elegance of simplicity the best design choice?  I'm not sure what else I could have done for this guy:

Alien Autopsy

Necromancy / Kinetics Mastermind

RUnZNOW.png

For some reason it kind of made me think of Alan Tudyk's character on Resident Alien.  If you want some inspiration, maybe look there?

• Like 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Wisecrack (WM/Ninjitsu), a former (and reluctant) Carnival of Shadows acrobat, now freed from their mystic brainwashing, and fighting crime with his particular style of slapstick... one mallet swing at a time!

(Somehow and truthfully NOT inspired by a famous DC Comics anti-villain, more of a love letter to characters like Spiderman and Nightwing, with a dash of Astro City's Jack-In-The-Box)

wisecrack.PNG.3bb5e900c7db82529b12aa8b8b57a846.PNG  wisecrack1.PNG.c96d5d98e62dc01c1b136db8ce9f688d.PNG

• Like 14
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Wisecrack (WM/Ninjitsu), a former (and reluctant) Carnival of Shadows acrobat, now freed from their mystic brainwashing, and fighting crime with his particular style of slapstick... one mallet swing at a time!

(Somehow and truthfully NOT inspired by a famous DC Comics anti-villain, more of a love letter to characters like Spiderman and Nightwing, with a dash of Astro City's Jack-In-The-Box)

wisecrack.PNG.3bb5e900c7db82529b12aa8b8b57a846.PNG  wisecrack1.PNG.c96d5d98e62dc01c1b136db8ce9f688d.PNG

Very nice, would team well with my Mind/Psi Dom, The Cackler

Cackler Hula.jpg

• Like 4

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

I just did this one for the Costume Requests Thread and I'm quite proud of it!  The request was for a darkness powered villain.  I especially like the ring chest detail with the black in the center; it shows that there's a hole where his heart should be.

oneeyedark.png

• Like 8

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

6 hours ago, Conradigan said:

Constantinople.

Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster.

*Must.... not... make... They... Might... Be... Giants.... joke....*

• Haha 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

28 minutes ago, Charistoph said:

*Must.... not... make... They... Might... Be... Giants.... joke....*

IIRC, I had a Particle Man character back in the old days... 😊

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Had been playing around with different helmet ideas and really liked the look of the Cyborg 1/Samuri Menpo details together. Made a character with them but then decided to run with it a bit further - no decent name for these guys yet, but until such time as I think of one or give up, they're Tiger 3:

1852256370_Tiger31.png.6f03d6530d49b051baabc5b1bfd5ff10.png

891502183_Tiger32.png.3d43937bdf0e774e65871af01f992b57.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

On 2/16/2021 at 4:48 PM, Player2 said:

Is the elegance of simplicity the best design choice?  I'm not sure what else I could have done for this guy:

Alien Autopsy

Necromancy / Kinetics Mastermind

RUnZNOW.png

Got one just like it

The Blank Puppet from Dreams PS4

J5pjJEG.png

wTtYNmN.pngmAiMQnE.png

and my Welsh farmer Dafydd in his rugby kit

QMbOEXY.png

A few more

This is Matthew Mara (Rickety Cricket)

q4IvDXJ.png9kcr3ty.png

And Makoto Iwamatsu my Demon/TIme MM

ef5wIFU.png

Edited by DJFM
Added more
  • Like 4

On 2/17/2021 at 11:45 AM, Virtual Green said:

Gosh, he sure does look a lot like my own Punchline.

image.png.425069d477efe6bccb46843d23d55da4.png

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

3 hours ago, Flashtoo said:

Gosh, he sure does look a lot like my own Punchline.

Except for the boots, the pants, the belt, the shirt, the gloves, the chest emblem, the mask/glasses, the two-prong/three-prong hat, the mallet, and the color scheme...you're right!  He does look a lot like your character.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Been a bit of a dry spell with new characters, but I was inspired tonight to revisit one of my old heroes and see what I could do for a makeover. Max Damage is an Energy Melee / Bio Armour Scrapper, his abilities powered by a fusion of bleeding edge tech & alien DNA.

The makeover started with trying a lot of colour combos before I finally convinced myself to go bright and bold. After a couple of large-scale changes, I ended up retaining the majority of his original costume - turns out it was really just the torso that I wasn't happy with. The big breakthrough on this new look was using Ascension chest detail without the radiance effect (which shows off the glowing circles underneath), and the Perplex pattern on the chest/back. I rarely add patterns to bare-chested characters, but in this case I'm very pleased with the way it aligns with the Cybertech Spine and provides some framing for the chest piece and his new, more alien-inspired shoulder armour.

image.thumb.png.6212f2e4193eca1d2a85332654e2d16f.png

image.thumb.png.2311a637d0b9f9ab7072b1416a43ad38.png

image.png.acd6a57da954bb11d52a8ad71b2bec6b.png

• Like 15

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...