i dont care how it preforms i like dual blades

trogenion

I, too, love Dual Blades. 
As for the best secondary, it depends on your preferences. Do you prefer a more "natural" secondary? Willpower or Super reflexes.

Basically, everything works. some secondaies are better in some situations, but the real question is, what do you find to be fun?

• Like 1

I'd rank it 1) Stalker 2) Tanker 3) Scrapper 4) Brute

Rationale:

- Stalkers do the most damage thanks to Assassin's Blades. Getting Build Up instead of Blinding Feint gives them great burst ability. Perhaps the one point of contention would be their lack of a big, meaty hitter to start the fight with a guaranteed crit, but if you're not against epic attacks, you can fill that hole with the snipes in either Mu or Soul mastery.

- Tankers got a lot of utility out of the recent buff. Sweeping Strike hits 10 targets rather than 5, One Thousand Cuts and Typhoon's Edge hit 16 rather than 10, cones are wider and Typhoon's radius is twice bigger.

- Scrappers (like Tankers) benefit from Blinding Feint's +damage, and crits work nicely to complement Dual Blades relatively low damage per hit (because you don't one-shot things left and right, you're less likely to "waste" damage in overkill crits).

- Brutes benefit less from Blinding Feint due to their Fury mechanics - because they start at lower base damage as a result.

As for secondary, /bio because /bio is OP with everything. 🙂 Can't go wrong with a damage aura + a -res aura + offensive adaptation giving you tohit, damage, and extra toxic damage on your attacks. And all that absorb. And the regeneration, and the recovery. Listing /bio perks is an endless task.

But really, you can make any secondary work.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

I'd rank it 1) Stalker 2) Tanker 3) Scrapper 4) Brute

I don't know stalkers or dual blades, but I saw a post that stalkers have to use placate as part of the dual blades combo, so that makes it lame for many levels.  Apparently once you get high enough you just spam one combo that doesn't require placate so it doesn't matter.

If Critical Strikes + Blinding Feint is anywhere near as good as Critical Strikes + Follow-Up for Claws (and I strongly suspect it is), then Scrappers make for a good synergy.  I mained a DB/Invuln Scrapper for many years on the old servers, in fact, and even without things like ATOs and other such nice perks that have come around in Homecoming, it was quite the slicey machine.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

I don't know stalkers or dual blades, but I saw a post that stalkers have to use placate as part of the dual blades combo, so that makes it lame for many levels.  Apparently once you get high enough you just spam one combo that doesn't require placate so it doesn't matter.

I will never play a Stalker without Placate. These other guys can run without it if they want to, but regardless of how obsolete Placate becomes, I will always find ways to make it useful.  Honestly though, they need to revert it back to it's original state.

Stalkers are probably best suited for it because Stalkers are naturally loldamage and thus paper over some of the shortcomings of DB. /bio as  way to kill enemy resistance to lethal would pair the best. Enemy smash/lethal resist REALLY bites into any set that's those damage types.

However, as someone mentioned up above, a Tanker suddenly became potentially hilarious with Bio as the primary, and I think I'm going to have to try that for myself.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

I think it's best on stalkers, provided you basically ignore the combo mechanics and go Ablating -> Sweeping -> Ablating -> Assassin's Blades.  The only combo you really want is the Sweep combo (Build Up -> Assassin's -> Ablating), which is fine because you get to use every time your Build Up recharges, which is constantly because you're a stalker with the stalker ATOs.

If you're not feeling a stalker I'd say put in on a scrapper and pair it with /bio because /bio is OP  😂

Inosuke_using_Fang_Three_Devour_on_Horned_Demon.gif.af2590096a3951b2d8be98248bf86ab5.gif

Never tried dual blades, though there's some great weapon options (like dual chainsaws!) 

'Everyone' seems to say it's fiddly. 

Stalker might be better with build up, as the others have the blinding feint, which you have to persistently weave into the attack chain. 

Edited by honoroit

Here's a thought if you like the look but don't like how it plays why not roll a Claws character and use one of the blades options instead of claws?

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

On 1/30/2020 at 6:33 PM, Haijinx said:

No no no no.  The most epic thing about DB is the confront/taunt animation.  So Stalkers are no.

Heh.  My Dual Blade/WP scrapper has the Taunt proc that can cause Psionic damage.   One of my favorite chars to play too. 

20 hours ago, trogenion said:

Man i remember when db came out and groups if 8 using db on the test server. Dostinct sounds. Heh. 

I played in one of those groups. Seven DB/Willpower scrappers and one Willpower/DB tank—each of us wielding a different pair of weapons. Weapon customization was new too that issue and that's when I knew it was going to be a big hit.

3 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

I played in one of those groups. Seven DB/Willpower scrappers and one Willpower/DB tank—each of us wielding a different pair of weapons. Weapon customization was new too that issue and that's when I knew it was going to be a big hit.

Want to do that again sometime heh