Is work on page 6 ongoing or stalled?

aethereal

This is not a complaint!  This is all volunteer stuff etc, I don't want to sound like it's anyone's duty to produce content on any particular schedule.

That said, there's been radio silence for quite a while on page 6, and I was just wondering in terms of my future plans, whether this is something where someone's free time that was going to making page 6 is now being sucked up into childcare or something like that.  Or if things are chugging along behind the scenes, but there's nothing to show yet.

• Like 2

all the frequent updates get addictive.  I'm withdrawing man! 

In all seriousness i hope all the people who bring us Homecoming are in good health and spirits and never get burned out working on this in their spare time.

....but seriously let us know... like clown masterminds or cat-girls are coming, right? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Not that they -need- to tell us in advance, but I figure this team deserves holidays and vacations from this game.  It really helps avoid burn out if you can take occasional breaks, even from a passion project.   If they're on such a break right now, I hope it's a restful and rejuvenating one!

But, yeah, on the other side of this:  I'm always an advocate for greater and fuller lines of communication.  I know not everyone agrees, but I still think there's no such thing as an "over-share" or too much information.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Not that they -need- to tell us in advance, but I figure this team deserves holidays and vacations from this game.  It really helps avoid burn out if you can take occasional breaks, even from a passion project.   If they're on such a break right now, I hope it's a restful and rejuvenating one!

But, yeah, on the other side of this:  I'm always an advocate for greater and fuller lines of communication.  I know not everyone agrees, but I still think there's no such thing as an "over-share" or too much information.

apparently you've never heard my wife tell a story

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Maybe they are working on Carp Melee, we have only been asking for that powerset since....uh I forget.

Seriously things I'd to see new dance moves, new hair styles or maybe updating the old ones to the newer styles, shoulders getting the asymmetrical treatment, a Pirate and/or Viking themed Mastermind powerset, Whip Powerset, Technology Control Powerset...

But mostly to the Devs and the Volunteers stay healthy and happy, take your time we'll be here, drooling, frothing, rabid waiting, staring at you with big puppy dog eyes...  🙂

5 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

apparently you've never heard my wife tell a story

I was talking to my college friend yesterday.  We met when I lived in the dorms my second year after all of the drama my first year.  Drama that wasn't my fault.  So anyway, she lived on the floor upstairs.  We got along pretty well even though most of the people on the floors didn't like people from other floors.  So we hung out but not in the dorms.  Usually the library or this cafe I liked which had great cookies.  Kind of like the ones your mom makes, but better.  So she texted me to say 'hi'.  I was grocery shopping, they were out of Spam light so I need to add that to the shopping list for next time.  So I did not text her back right away.  I feel bad about that because once when we were supposed to meet at the cafe I was late.  It wasn't my fault.  I was helping a dorm friend.  But when she texted I couldn't tell my dorm friend about it because of different floors not getting along, so I didn't text back.  When I got to the cafe she was mad.  She has always been sensitive about texting back ever since.  So when I got to my car after putting the groceries in the back.  I nearly got hit by a driver who was backing up and must not have noticed my shopping car as I was putting groceries in.  So after that, I sat in the front seat and texted my friend back.  I didn't know what to say since we haven't spoken in awhile so I texted 'hi' back.

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

I was talking to my college friend yesterday.  We met when I lived in the dorms my second year after all of the drama my first year.  Drama that wasn't my fault.  So anyway, she lived on the floor upstairs.  We got along pretty well even though most of the people on the floors didn't like people from other floors.  So we hung out but not in the dorms.  Usually the library or this cafe I liked which had great cookies.  Kind of like the ones your mom makes, but better.  So she texted me to say 'hi'.  I was grocery shopping, they were out of Spam light so I need to add that to the shopping list for next time.  So I did not text her back right away.  I feel bad about that because once when we were supposed to meet at the cafe I was late.  It wasn't my fault.  I was helping a dorm friend.  But when she texted I couldn't tell my dorm friend about it because of different floors not getting along, so I didn't text back.  When I got to the cafe she was mad.  She has always been sensitive about texting back ever since.  So when I got to my car after putting the groceries in the back.  I nearly got hit by a driver who was backing up and must not have noticed my shopping car as I was putting groceries in.  So after that, I sat in the front seat and texted my friend back.  I didn't know what to say since we haven't spoken in awhile so I texted 'hi' back.

My mom telling me about anything, anything at all:

- Hey mom, I tried to phone you earlier and you weren't answering.

- I was doing the grocceries and I met miss X and she told me she was having back problems so I helped her. The same thing happened to your uncle and he couldn't move very well so I used to help him all the time. That's how I ended talking a lot to his wife before they got separated. She was a really nice girl and she made great cakes. We used to spend a fair bit of time trying new recipes during our days off which was when we finally had some free time to ourselves. When they separated we still kept in touch and she now lives in X city which is really nice. We went there to visit with your father a few times but the restaurants are really expensive so we would bring food from home after the first time.

• Haha 3

On 5/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Page 5 is a month and a half old and ya'll are asking for page 6? Really?

I dont think they are asking for the patch just information on the possible direction of the next patch. Are we getting sentient artichoke pets or not? Inquiring minds want to know.

11 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

I dont think they are asking for the patch just information on the possible direction of the next patch. Are we getting sentient artichoke pets or not? Inquiring minds want to know.

The problem with giving those kinds of status updates is that people tend to react that those updates are definitive and flame wars start happening over nothing. We've seen this every time.

So the lesson learned by those types of reactions is to simply hold off on sharing what the changes are until they're certain of what will be changed/addressed. That will limit the backlash over things that wind up being removed/changed anyways.

I recommend, follow the Beta forums. When Patch Notes show up there, that will give you the heads up of MIGHT eventually will show up in the game. Given that Pages tend to be big updates, I expect it will live in Beta for 1-3 months depending on test feedback/bugs.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

30 minutes ago, Bopper said:

So the lesson learned by those types of reactions is to simply hold off on sharing what the changes are until they're certain of what will be changed/addressed. That will limit the backlash over things that wind up being removed/changed anyways.

Sure, but it would be good to have some idea what they're up to, given that a really nice set of simple changes have been on the test server for a month now with no word on what the next step will be. Is there anything that needs further testing? Are the SO changes something they've decided to ditch? Or is it waiting on development of other things that they are planning on putting into Page 6 (which is fine)?

It's mainly due to the fact that it's been on the test server for so long that people are antsy, I think.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kenlon said:

Sure, but it would be good to have some idea what they're up to, given that a really nice set of simple changes have been on the test server for a month now with no word on what the next step will be. Is there anything that needs further testing? Are the SO changes something they've decided to ditch? Or is it waiting on development of other things that they are planning on putting into Page 6 (which is fine)?

It's mainly due to the fact that it's been on the test server for so long that people are antsy, I think.

Gotcha, I thought folks were asking about Page 6. Didn't realize it was about what currently is on beta. I wont speak for anyone but myself, but I suspect real world stuff may have happened that has delayed things on current beta. Things will probably start moving along again soon.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

MOstUfFs!! Aethereal wants MORE (but in a good whey)

Maybe the NCSoft talks have taken a turn. (noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo one mustn't)

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

What i actually want to know is, uh, the title.  Is work ongoing or stalled?  It's a different world than it was a month or two ago.  If nothing has gotten done in the last six weeks because, you know, whatever, key members of the team are now spending all their time on childcare, or, taking care of elderly relatives or they work in hospitals and are overwhelmed or whatever else, that doesn't bother me, lots of stuff is more important than CoH development, including simply making sure that one's life feels relaxed.

If in the other hand there have been a bunch of private betas and they're actively working through ideas and they just aren't ready to show off yet, that's also fine.  

I'm not asking for an eta or a feature list or anything, I just want to know if the last two months "count" or not.  

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 7:05 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Page 5 is a month and a half old and ya'll are asking for page 6? Really?

Personally, I just want the SO changes that have been on beta for the past month. Being able to play through Praetoria on the test server without it being an act of masochism was amazeballs.