Sooo... What's coming up on HC?

Now granted I don't follow the discord which is probably the best source of info but what's on the table right now? I know we got some upcoming changes to low level SO access, and some kind of back-end overhaul to the powers system maybe? 

Besides that it's seemed pretty quiet as far as announcements go. So what's coming up? Powerset revamps? Buffs? Nerfs? New Content? Freem? 

No clue. Titan Weapons was gonna be looked at. But what else...who knows? What new features/content? Who knows. Its been very quiet, but I'll take that as a sign of a lot of work behind the scenes

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

58 minutes ago, Bopper said:

No clue. Titan Weapons was gonna be looked at. But what else...who knows? What new features/content? Who knows. Its been very quiet, but I'll take that as a sign of a lot of work behind the scenes

If they did do a huge backend power system overhaul I can see that being the cause of the quietness. That and Covid, the riots, work, life, stress, etc... 

It has been pretty quiet on the announcement front.  Always makes me wonder if it's not "The deep breath before the plunge", or "the calm before the storm".  Either, or, could be applicable.  But, it is a bit disconcerting reading about folks who roll over to other servers offering their latest shiny little costume piece, or powerset changes.  Everyone wants the coolest stuff.  I get that.  HC has opted mainly for the long-term, under the hood changes that will ensure the game is viable through OS changes, and updates.  The others have opted to make changes to the game as it is, without doing that heavy lifting first.  It's the easier, quicker path, that has more immediate appeal.  But, eventually they will all be faced with making the kinds of foundation level changes that HC has already done, and their development on the shiny of the week will slow as well.  Then, we're gonna look light years ahead.

• Like 5

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 hour ago, Abraxus said:

It has been pretty quiet on the announcement front.  Always makes me wonder if it's not "The deep breath before the plunge", or "the calm before the storm".  Either, or, could be applicable.  But, it is a bit disconcerting reading about folks who roll over to other servers offering their latest shiny little costume piece, or powerset changes.  Everyone wants the coolest stuff.  I get that.  HC has opted mainly for the long-term, under the hood changes that will ensure the game is viable through OS changes, and updates.  The others have opted to make changes to the game as it is, without doing that heavy lifting first.  It's the easier, quicker path, that has more immediate appeal.  But, eventually they will all be faced with making the kinds of foundation level changes that HC has already done, and their development on the shiny of the week will slow as well.  Then, we're gonna look light years ahead.

Something happened to the current team though. No idea what. At first glance I'd say Corona but that usually means stay-at-home which is where HC business should have been happening anyway. The flux of news completely stopped, we have no patches, and more importantly, we have no information.

It's fine, the game is up and running so we don't *need* any of those things to log in and have our fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Something happened to the current team though. No idea what. At first glance I'd say Corona but that usually means stay-at-home which is where HC business should have been happening anyway. The flux of news completely stopped, we have no patches, and more importantly, we have no information.

It's fine, the game is up and running so we don't *need* any of those things to log in and have our fun.

Yeah I agree. It's good right now that's for sure. I've noticed though we've gone from constant updates and communication to kind of an abnormally long stretch of nothin'. Not even a "Hey we're still here" kinda post (maybe I just missed it though). 

Again, all in respect to the current situation globally and the riots now, it's understandable that things would slow down. 

Edited by Neogumbercules

16 hours ago, Communistpenguin said:

I was hoping that they were working on the tech power pool... Granted they did just get the science one out, but I am greedy, and I want my beam rifle/traps corr to get the tech pp before he hits 50.

I haven't really used any of the new origin pools. Are they any good? 

8 minutes ago, Neogumbercules said:

I haven't really used any of the new origin pools. Are they any good? 

Sorcery seems excellent, at least on my sorcerer.  Force of Will was pretty meh on my WP Tank.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Sorcery seems excellent, at least on my sorcerer.  Force of Will was pretty meh on my WP Tank.

I actually really liked FoW for thematic reasons, to get a quick and easy way for BOTH a Travel power and a "earthquake stomp" power in one go.

• Like 1

But the stomp was the only good part, and it's not enhanceable. Thus my "meh." Glad you enjoy it, though!

Looking forward to Utility Belt for Natural Origin characters, sounds perfect for my stalker, No Millionaire.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

49 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

But the stomp was the only good part, and it's not enhanceable. Thus my "meh." Glad you enjoy it, though!

Looking forward to Utility Belt for Natural Origin characters, sounds perfect for my stalker, No Millionaire.

Yeah, like I said, it was for thematic reasons for a character.

Also, a suggestion I had for Utility Belt that I  REALLY wish they'd implement:  Instead of having just a little adrenal surge in the travel power or whatever, I think they need to have a "grappling hook" power that just acts as a super-fast, short-range teleport.....with the caveat that it can only target a surface OR an enemy, not just empty space.....like you're yoinking yourself to a spot you've latched on to.

22 hours ago, Abraxus said:

In other words, the HC team is taking the slower and more deliberate path of the Incarnate...which as we all know, is the way to go.

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior