Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

Ok, I looked at the Brute version.  I believe the issue is the +10% one in Blaster has the (Variable) tag.  The brute version only has the variable tag on the +2.5% version, which is correct.  I can't figure out how to remove the (Variable) tag from it.  If you can, that is the easy fix.

If not, you can go into the Brute version and click the Copy button, then go into the Blaster version and Paste.  This overwrites the effects with the Brute version.  Delete the two taunt entries, and it should then be correct.

I tried a little harder using the Brute version side by side with the Blaster version to spot the differences. 

think all I changed was

• Power Attributes/Scale Range from 0 to 10 -> 1 to 10
  • Power Attributes/Scaling Variable -> wrote in "Targets"
  • Effects/10% effect/Enable Power Scaling (Override) to unchecked

It seems to be behaving correctly now. 

Power Off: 182.5% recharge

Power On/1 Stack: 195% recharge

Power On/2 Stacks: 197.5% recharge

I had also tried your recommendation of Copy/Paste (which worked, but I didn't recall if anything else changed with the power), but I reverted and tried again as above afterwards. 

Edited by hemmingway
added the quoteded text in because this replied ended up on the next page

We've been brainstorming and/or swapping the same DB file back and forth between us for almost a week now, so Zed and I schemed and he started a github repo for the unofficial updates. Reporting errors there in the Issues section would be extremely helpful to us as they're much easier to gather up vs skimming the thread or Discord! We've set up an issue template to make it easy.

https://github.com/zethriller/MRB-Updates

Right now updates are happening once or twice daily, but obviously that can vary depending on the time we have. We have a plan (which I'm setting up the framework for tonight) to add alternate Beta powersets/pools so people can experiment with the beta changes as well.

As an aside/reminder: what would be considered AT scales in Mids are hard-coded, and editing them involves correcting large tables of numbers and recompiling the program. Tankers and the like may still have some inaccuracies due to this, but that's low priority at the moment.

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

On 3/11/2020 at 9:49 PM, hemmingway said:

Blaster / Atomic Manipulation / Beta Decay

each stack applies 12.5% +Recharge

> should be: first stack applies +10%, all stacks apply +2.5%

Just uploaded a fix for that to the new Github repo.

On 3/12/2020 at 7:03 PM, hemmingway said:

Also, found another issue with Blaster/Temporal Manipulation/Chronos power.

It seems like it just needs the database entry changed under Based/MxD Special Flags/Power is a Click-Buff Unchecked -> Checked.

On 3/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, Caulderone said:

There are several powers where that simple fix is convenient to do.

That one's also already fixed. If you know of any more please let us know!

Edited by Felis Noctu

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

20 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

We've been brainstorming and/or swapping the same DB file back and forth between us for almost a week now, so Zed and I schemed and he started a github repo for the unofficial updates. Reporting errors there in the Issues section would be extremely helpful to us as they're much easier to gather up vs skimming the thread or Discord! We've set up an issue template to make it easy.

https://github.com/zethriller/MRB-Updates

Right now updates are happening once or twice daily, but obviously that can vary depending on the time we have. We have a plan (which I'm setting up the framework for tonight) to add alternate Beta powersets/pools so people can experiment with the beta changes as well.

As an aside/reminder: what would be considered AT scales in Mids are hard-coded, and editing them involves correcting large tables of numbers and recompiling the program. Tankers and the like may still have some inaccuracies due to this, but that's low priority at the moment.

This is basically what I was hoping to learn when I posted here. I'll be sure to post there in the future if I find anything. Thanks!

I can't launch this program, I get this window:

MissingMethodException

Method not found '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'. 

...with an OK box. Upon clicking OK, I get this window:

Hero Designer.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0xfd51be0d.

I get the impression I'm doing something really super basic wrong. What is it?

Edited by Herotu

Has someone figured out how to make stacks work with IOs? Tankers have the +res that stacks three times, Brutes have the regen and end discount that stacks five times. I've messed with the editor and found the enhancments and changed them from non stacking to stacking, but this had no effect I could perceive.

On 3/20/2020 at 4:42 PM, Chrome said:

im also confused here i downloaded the updates but my MRB already has a data and images folder...so do i add the contents of the updates to existing or do i copy the new folders over the old ones

If you haven't found out yet, overwrite the existing files.

On 3/21/2020 at 6:40 AM, Sovera said:

Has someone figured out how to make stacks work with IOs? Tankers have the +res that stacks three times, Brutes have the regen and end discount that stacks five times. I've messed with the editor and found the enhancments and changed them from non stacking to stacking, but this had no effect I could perceive.

Boy I wish. That's something I want to revisit in the future, but previous attempts make me about 99% convinced that Mids can't forward stacking functionality from enhancements to powers.

I won't go into detail here, but there's a number of things that would be fantastic to implement if only we could. The more Zed and I dig around, the more we believe that Mids needs a fairly substantial overhaul to clean out a web of hardcoded functions and values, overrides for those, large redundancies, and other spaghetti chaos that's built up over the years and multiple project managers. It can happen to any project. Hell, it usually does. 😛

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1

~ The Meowcronomicon

So we're led here by another problem. I had played at like 1024x760 for years. Recently, Mids had developed a display error when tabbing between the game and it in which it would display really tiny, pixelated, unreadable slots. If I looked at it outside of the game, it was fine, and it had just developed over the past few months or so, but I use Mids tabbing between the game so much that this problem necessitated me finally changing my laptop resolution and my game resolution to 1920x1080, which I did today.

That fixed the display problem, but now I have this problem with the missing Epic field.

The window isn't crunched down at all - I can minimize/maximize and it not correct.

Edited by ChrisMoses

6 hours ago, ChrisMoses said:

My Display > Scale and Layout on 175% was the culprit. Apparently my laptop has been optimized for a 65 year old this entire time without me realizing that while change is scary, it's also an improvement.

Yeah, I've noticed that Win10 defaults to 150% for some screwy reason or another.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

24 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

So a usage question : Is it possible to set the level for individual slotted IOs? Or set everything to a specific level rather than Min / Max?

When you right-click on the empty enhancement slot and choose either IO or Set, you can see 50 in the bottom right corner.  You can then simply type any level you want, the 50 will change.  The only limit is that standard IOs are only available in 5 level increments (20,25,30,etc).

If you type a number above or below a given set IOs range, it will automatically choose the low or high end.

• Thanks 1

@crytilis

I have spent equally as much time in any version of the Hero Planner since Mids first came out, as I have playing the actual game. I have so much appreciation for anyone of you, who has taken time out of your life, to make such a tools for the community!

I have only one suggestion, and it might seem like such a small and silly one, but it's been a wish since Mids.

Is there any way to have the app remember which Power Pools were chosen in the previous build, so when you choose New / Clear in the menu, it doesn't reset the PP's to the first 4 alphabetically  and first 1 for the Epic Power Pool (Concealment, Fighting, Flight, Force of Will and Dark Mastery)? E.g. similar to how it remembers the Archtype, Origin and Powersets?
9/10 times when I use the New/Clear feat, it is to reapply the skills and slots on the same build, just in a different order, and having the PP's reset every time, pulls you out of whatever thoughtprocess you might have been in. At least, that's the way I feel personally.
Minor thing, but when you spend hours and hours playing in the planner, it would just be such a lovely tweak.

Much love,

//Aeroh

2 hours ago, Caulderone said:

When you right-click on the empty enhancement slot and choose either IO or Set, you can see 50 in the bottom right corner.  You can then simply type any level you want, the 50 will change.  The only limit is that standard IOs are only available in 5 level increments (20,25,30,etc).

If you type a number above or below a given set IOs range, it will automatically choose the low or high end.

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

@Caulderone answered before I could.  If you look at the builds I post, you'll see Level 27 and Level 31 enhancements everywhere, along with procs that are set to the minimum level of the set they belong to.

Thanks both! I discovered I could also change the Default to my level, then set all my IOs to that default. 

But the number thing I never knew at all!