Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

Trying again to get this to run on Linux.  Have never managed it before.  Downloaded the 32-bit installer, set up a 32-bit wineprefix, installed .net 4.7.2 (I think, it didn't say much when I did).  Then I run

WINEPREFIX=~/.local/share/wineprefixes/Mids wine ~/Downloads/MRB_Setup.exe

The installer loads up, and then there's a popup that says "Install Failed" "Mids Reborn cannot be installed on 32-bit Windows versions."  When I close the popup the installer has a message "The Mids Reborn Setup Wizard ended prematurely" with a "Finish" button, which closes the installer.

I'm not sure what's in the .zip files but I thought I'd give them a try but neither of those links work.  The first just gives a 404.

So I'm stumped again.  Any suggestions are welcome.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, carroto said:

I'm not sure what's in the .zip files but I thought I'd give them a try but neither of those links work.  The first just gives a 404.

Try the zip version. It's just the Mids app packaged up, extract wherever you want. It may be the installer giving you problems, which we've been hearing reports of lately.

---

EDIT:

Oh, I'm sorry, you said both links are dead. I don't think any of us had any idea! I'll look into that.

---
EDIT 2:
The webserver is case-specific, which may have been a recent change. The link just needs the filename updated. For now:
https://midsreborn.com/download/MRB_2.6.1.25_32Bit.zip

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

23 hours ago, carroto said:

Trying again to get this to run on Linux.  Have never managed it before.  Downloaded the 32-bit installer, set up a 32-bit wineprefix, installed .net 4.7.2 (I think, it didn't say much when I did).  Then I run

WINEPREFIX=~/.local/share/wineprefixes/Mids wine ~/Downloads/MRB_Setup.exe

The installer loads up, and then there's a popup that says "Install Failed" "Mids Reborn cannot be installed on 32-bit Windows versions."  When I close the popup the installer has a message "The Mids Reborn Setup Wizard ended prematurely" with a "Finish" button, which closes the installer.

Primary link to the archive (zipped version) has been restored.

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

• 2 weeks later

So I finally updated to Mids Reborn from Pines. I loaded a character with a power I'd edited in the database of Pines to take an enhancement category it doesn't normally, expecting I'd get an error, and I did:

qOMuYDT.pngp

Which is a weird error message to get, right? Figured it was worth reporting. Is that interesting to you guys?

13 hours ago, Vanden said:

So I finally updated to Mids Reborn from Pines. I loaded a character with a power I'd edited in the database of Pines to take an enhancement category it doesn't normally, expecting I'd get an error, and I did:

qOMuYDT.pngp

Which is a weird error message to get, right? Figured it was worth reporting. Is that interesting to you guys?

Depends on how old the character is. That's an error that usually happens when you load a character that was built before Fitness was changed from a pool to inherent.

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

3 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

Depends on how old the character is. That's an error that usually happens when you load a character that was built before Fitness was changed from a pool to inherent.

I figured it out, it's happening on any hero file where one of my unused power pools has the legacy Fitness pool selected. I think that was still around in old Mids for spaghetti reasons, but I guess that's been figured out for Reborn?

I believe what happens now is the powers are automatically taken out of the selected powers list and put down in the inherents, so it leaves you with X number of empty powers and refunds the enhancement slots to fill in said build. So yeah, no need to have the powerset selectable.

~ The Meowcronomicon

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 10/1/2020 at 6:36 AM, xl8 said:

Winetricks link is dead:

Not Found

The requested URL /webroot/php/Winetricks was not found on this server.

That's specifically for the Mac link, it looks like.

Here's two more Mac OS X sources. I'll see if Metalios will update the first post.

The first option, Brew, is probably going to be the best for most people.

Edited by Felis Noctu

~ The Meowcronomicon

Hi there!. I've been using Mid's for quite a while, but as of yesterday I've been getting an error message. Has anyone experienced this? I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm running Windows 10.

fhsd.png

• 2 weeks later

Any chance we could PLEASE get the ability to recolor the UI to red again? I simply can't stand the blue color scheme and I've been using an outdated version but I really want to play around with the new power sets and IO sets.

Just now, Rikis said:

Any chance we could PLEASE get the ability to recolor the UI to red again? I simply can't stand the blue color scheme and I've been using an outdated version but I really want to play around with the new power sets and IO sets.

Yes

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

When I choose a power that scales based on the number of enemies around me, like the Melee Radial Embodiment incarnate, how can I see the effects in the Totals list? Is there a way to show that power active for 1, 2, 3... enemies/stacks? As far as I can see it doesn't show any effect at all.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Furiant

• 2 weeks later
Just now, Hyperstrike said:

Is there a DB update for Mid's for the new EM changes yet?

No, there is an unofficial DB update for Scrapper EM available on MRBU however that was from roughly Build 1 of the Beta. So Bone Smasher shows as the spender still. Constant changes on Beta is why it's pointless for us to update as it would just require re-doing the work every week. There won't be a DB update until the next release of Mids as there are major changes coming down the line. So stay tuned. 

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Has any1 found a workaround for catalina, the shiny, 64bit, won't work with anything pre 2020 OS?

.net framework won't work and after countless iterations and reinstalls with playformac and finally getting mids to start loading, I got...

273735986_ScreenShot2020-11-13at7_57_02PM.thumb.png.0d500c9bcb58966a56ed8b8d4ee135ea.png

Debug compiles a log...

r installroot
0039:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0039:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0039:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0039:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0037:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0037:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 06433018
0037:fixme:winsock:set_dont_fragment IP_DONTFRAGMENT for IPv4 not supported in this platform
003b:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x2f2b608, context 0x2a2958, init_notify 0, handle 0x734fbc4): stub
wine: configuration in '/Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac//wineprefix/MidsReborn' has been updated.
C:\Program Files (x86)
[11/13/20 08:20:27] - Running wine- /Users/edit/Downloads/MRB_Setup.exe (Working directory : /)
000b:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
000d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0010:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0017:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9203
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x7007
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x700b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x700f
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x7013
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x7017
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x701b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x701f
001f:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0025:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0009:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
002b:fixme:explorerframe:taskbar_list_SetProgressValue iface 0019FB60, hwnd 00020050, ullCompleted 10000, ullTotal 13e800 stub!
002b:fixme:explorerframe:taskbar_list_SetProgressState iface 0019FB60, hwnd 00020050, flags 0 stub!
002d:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
002d:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0037:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0037:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0037:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0037:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0056:fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
0056:fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
0025:fixme:explorer:webbrowser_QueryInterface (000000000041B260)->({00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} 000000000032DEF8) interface not supported
0025:fixme:explorer:webbrowser_QueryInterface (000000000041B260)->({00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} 000000000032DDF8) interface not supported
0025:fixme:explorer:webbrowser_QueryInterface (000000000041B260)->({00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} 00000000000E2F30) interface not supported
006a:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0064:err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed
0070:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0009:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFA, 0033FD1C
[11/13/20 08:21:21] - Running wine- winepath -u C:\\users\\crossover\\Desktop (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c)
000b:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
000d:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0010:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
0017:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9103
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x8f07
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8f0b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8f0f
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8f13
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8f17
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8f1b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8f1f
001f:fixme:thread:create_user_shared_data_thread Creating user shared data update thread.
/Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac//wineprefix/MidsReborn/dosdevices/c:/users/crossover/Desktop
[11/13/20 08:21:43] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 08:21:45] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 08:21:57] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x8f03
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x8e07
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8e0b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8e0f
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8e13
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8e17
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8e1b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x8e1f
0009:err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed
[11/13/20 08:22:28] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 08:22:30] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 08:22:38] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 19:49:16] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 19:49:17] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 19:56:21] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
or equal to 2.0.5.
or equal to 2.0.5.
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xffffffffffffffff at address 0x7fff387c8c56 (thread 001a), starting debugger...
[11/13/20 19:56:53] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
[11/13/20 19:58:34] - Running wine- Hero Designer.exe (Working directory : /Users/edit/Library/PlayOnMac/wineprefix/MidsReborn/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/RebornTeam/Mids Reborn)
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x6f03
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device object 0x9007
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x900b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x900f
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x9013
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x9017
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x901b
001d:err:plugplay:process_IOService_Device Unable to create plug in interface for USB deviceobject 0x901f
0009:err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed

Then the process starts over again...

Could some1 tell me what kind of a coder/designer I need to hire to create the online version of mids @redlynne has discussed plz?
I need specific job titles to find an online freelancer.

Also, does anyone "own" this software is it considered freeware at this point?

Thx in advance.

40 minutes ago, xl8 said:

Could some1 tell me what kind of a coder/designer I need to hire to create the online version of mids @redlynne has discussed plz?
I need specific job titles to find an online freelancer.

Also, does anyone "own" this software is it considered freeware at this point?

Thx in advance.

1) What version/release of MRB were you attempting to use with Catalina?
2) MRB is open-source and licensed under GPL 3.0. As long as the rules of the license are abided you may do what you wish. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crytilis said:

1) What version/release of MRB were you attempting to use with Catalina?

MRB_2.6.0.7_MacOS_Linux

The version isn't really relevant, as it's the 32bit architecture that's the problem. That's why i tried PlayOnMac.

2 minutes ago, xl8 said:

MRB_2.6.0.7_MacOS_Linux

The version isn't really relevant, as it's the 32bit architecture that's the problem. That's why i tried PlayOnMac.

The 2.7 release uses 64 bit architecture. 

Per our Discord announcements

End-of-Life Announcement
Mids Reborn 2.6.x has been retired. Maintenance releases and other software fixes will no longer be performed. Software defects found in prior releases are addressed by moving to the current 2.7.x product. Database releases will however continue until such time as deemed by the Reborn Team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xl8 said:

Well! I'll give it a go... Ty!

Let me know, Mac isn't officially supported since Mids is technically a Windows application but we do our best to accommodate.