I hate Male Face 1

Vanden

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

That guy looks like an a-hole. I hate how he's the first face you see when you go to create a character. Male Face 7 or Male Face 10 would be much better default faces for when you first create a character.

It's a great face for a Brute.  I use it on one of mine. 

56 minutes ago, GastlyGibus said:

Male Face 1 should be restricted to villains only. No super hero would ever have the kind of shit-eating grin that Male Face 1 has. 😛

Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if certain faces were restricted to certain alignments only?

Plus, Going Rogue?  Your face changes out from under you if you change alignments?

Now a different sort order, I could get on board with. 

Or if you want to rename the face "Villain Face 1" while still keeping it available for characters of any alignment, then sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GastlyGibus said:

Male Face 1 should be restricted to villains only. No super hero would ever have the kind of shit-eating grin that Male Face 1 has. 😛

You underestimate the potential of a hero who saves the day for selfish reason

• Thanks 1

I had a character on live that used Male Face 1.

He had a cigar, was a fire/something Something. Don't recall what he was. Just know he had fire.

He was The Smoking Loon.

I thank doing inventory in the liquor department of Ralph's Grocery Store for that name.

2 hours ago, MTeague said:

Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if certain faces were restricted to certain alignments only?

Plus, Going Rogue?  Your face changes out from under you if you change alignments?

Now a different sort order, I could get on board with. 

Or if you want to rename the face "Villain Face 1" while still keeping it available for characters of any alignment, then sure. 

T'was a joke, friend, not a serious suggestion. I would never genuinely advocate for making costume choices alignment-restricted. 

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Yeah, well, male face 1 hates you too, so nyah!

53 minutes ago, Guardia said:

Honestly, I'd love to see all the OG faces get an overhaul. They're visibly lower resolution than the newer ones added in later updates. But I'm guessing this would be a very low priority for the Dev team.

Er. Depending on which faces, I suppose. Some of the much later ones often get "looks weird" and "kind of creepy," too. (the .. gunslinger pack faces, I think.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

9 hours ago, Guardia said:

Honestly, I'd love to see all the OG faces get an overhaul. They're visibly lower resolution than the newer ones added in later updates. But I'm guessing this would be a very low priority for the Dev team.

I like some of them, better to just add new ones then change the current ones.

8 hours ago, Greycat said:

Er. Depending on which faces, I suppose. Some of the much later ones often get "looks weird" and "kind of creepy," too. (the .. gunslinger pack faces, I think.)

I agree. The later faces had a very odd glossiness going on. Like polished marble. Steampunk too has this.

• Like 1

When I created my first toon, I used Supernatural Face 10:

418519917_SupernaturalFace10.png.cb8455393e19352bfed9e698ed6017d3.png

When I later wanted to create a second toon that essentially a non-supernatural variant (i.e., family relation), I was pleased to find that there was a corresponding Face 3:

1770896100_Face3.png.ff62a4553066627e44fbd492b686be1d.png

Though I suppose that I had a softer option with Face 12:

118234733_Face12.png.5cc0ee368dab2e5ec37fa4559f16035c.png

My point being that slight variances were available, which you wouldn't immediately appreciate until you were trying to be creative.

Later in the game, I actually arranged two costumes for a toon, one being "relaxed" using Face 12, but the other being his "business face" using Supernatural Face 10, with a mild body aura added.

I've been making my toons wear masks these days.  Just seems proper.  This thread is giving me the geebeez seeing all these uncovered faces.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

38 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I've been making my toons wear masks these days.  Just seems proper.  This thread is giving me the geebeez seeing all these uncovered faces.

This.  I am so happy to hear I am not alone!  Every one of my alts gets a surgeon's mask or the bandit bandana when I stop by a trainer.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?