Would something like this be of interest to anyone?

Bopper

I've been working on something recently. (Skip ahead to 0:58 if parsing of data bores you).

EDIT: I will keep this top post updated with the newest version of the EXCEL file generated, which will typically be the attachment in my latest comment.

CoH_Homecoming_of_Data_Page5_20200928.xlsx

Edited by Bopper
Updated with correct Snipe numbers
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

28 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Are you calculating in Arcanatime or is that coming in with the data? Also, HELL YES PLS.

I am calculating Arcanatime and DPA

25 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I can't say - I went to full screen and I guess I need new glasses. I have no idea what was on the spreadsheet. 

image.thumb.png.9684586e686cb89ddffb65dbecacc3ba.png

• Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I am calculating Arcanatime and DPA

image.thumb.png.9684586e686cb89ddffb65dbecacc3ba.png

Could you please explain a couple things for me?

What is 'Arcanatime'?

Does 'TimeHit' mean "time until hit" for things like firing off sound effects (aka back loaded cast time)?

Regardless of the answer, I am interested to see this. Many times I am curious to know arc for cones, cast times etc and can't find out until I jump in feet first.

16 minutes ago, LiquidBandage said:

Could you please explain a couple things for me?

What is 'Arcanatime'?

Does 'TimeHit' mean "time until hit" for things like firing off sound effects (aka back loaded cast time)?

Regardless of the answer, I am interested to see this. Many times I am curious to know arc for cones, cast times etc and can't find out until I jump in feet first.

Time Hit is the animation time until a hit effect occurs. This could be useful for things like the scrapper ATO proc which gives a 3.25s window when it hits. I suspect some of that window gets eaten up by the power you're casting, so this could be useful info to have. For example, Whirling Axe has a 2.67s cast time, but the hit happens at 1.2s. So I suspect (haven't tested to confirm, so take this with a grain of salt) that ~1.5s of the 3.25s window would be wasted. And if I'm wrong and that info proves to be useless, I can pull it out of my tool.

• Like 1

For those interested in playing around with it. Here is a link of a Google Sheets version.

Attached is the original Excel version. Please provide feedback of things liked/disliked/missing/etc.

CoH_Homecoming_of_Data.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Thanks @Bopper.

This is pretty awesome!  Although, am I reading it wrong, or does it not contain any of the information such as Buff/Debuff/Control/Special Effects?

You're not reading it wrong. This is just a summary sheet similar to how City of Data used to do it (it also didn't show debuffs/buffs). For example

Screenshot_20200913-182736_Chrome.thumb.jpg.55bb2dc9940baff2db28078051d02818.jpg

To add other effects will take some extra coding (and columns). But I am thinking about adding a hyperlink that would allow someone to jump directly to the RubyRed API url that contains that data. We'll see. Thats what I'm looking for with feedback...ideas.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

do wonder why it takes so long to parse and load, though, considering it's only just over 700kb.  For some reason it took about a minute and half to load, while spreadsheets I have which are 700MB take a split second

That is weird, I dont get a delay with loading. Is it the excel file or Google sheet?

Excel file.  Opening it in Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6.  Opening XLSX files normally doesn't cause this kind of slowdown.   I just tested with a few other XLSX files, and all of them opened within 1 second.

I saved your spreadsheet file in to the native ODS format for OpenOffice, and shaved almost half the file size, but it still takes over 15 seconds to open for some reason.  

I'll try rebooting my whole system later, and see if that changes anything.

That is odd, keep me informed. I have nothing weird embedded. It's just text, some formatting (background color, alignment, basic stuff), and i have a filter bar set up on the top row and the first row and column are freezepane. If you continue to have issues, PM me and I can make tweaks to any of those formatting options and we'll figure out what your program doesn't like.

• Thanks 1

I'd be inclined to blame the load time on OpenOffice, I have 4.1.2 installed on my machine still and the load time for the file was nearly a full minute, but I notice longer load times for pretty much any heavy-data grid-formatted Excel file; even one that is only a few tabs but has a significant amount of numeric values and calcs occurring still takes ~10-15/s and it's not that complicated. I have an unformatted copy of the powers data pull (sans hard stat numerics) and it's 29,053 rows and six columns, and even just being half of the total data and pure text it still takes several seconds to load it (~5-6). Speaking specifically of the Apache version of OpenOffice, it's still running 32 bit standard and, best I can quickly tell is the program is hanging on loading the data set efficiently as it hangs in the Windows conversion process for a bit before it eventually loads.

I opened the file in Excel and it loads instantly. For as long as I was a user of OpenOffice (even before the development split), it just really can't match Excel for raw power, function, and load/execute speed. Checking it myself I'd lean pretty heavily that the load issue is simply just the data volume crushing OpenOffice.

Side thought on the Spreadsheet: With the bar locked at the top, it'd be kind of nice/convenient to have a drop down that filtered out or selected just Primary, or Secondary, or Pools (etc) from one click to make sorting by group a bit more efficient than guessing in the current boxes.

Very nice work Bopper.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 8:18 AM, Bopper said:

(Skip ahead to 0:58 if parsing of data bores you)

I mean, I'm sure such people exist... in theory, at least...

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

10 hours ago, Bopper said:

To add other effects will take some extra coding (and columns). But I am thinking about adding a hyperlink that would allow someone to jump directly to the RubyRed API url that contains that data. We'll see. Thats what I'm looking for with feedback...ideas.

I can't afford to pay handsomely, but, I would pay looking-goodly for any resource that fleshed-out and updated Red Tomax's Power Quantification pages, ESPECIALLY if that resource split open the pseudopets and made them reveal their secrets.  

It's been 15+ years, I need to know what "Summon Sticky Arrow" actually DOES!

ETA: Of course, if you didn't lift another finger on this project of yours, it's still an awesome effort and much appreciated!

Edited by roleki

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

13 hours ago, Bopper said:

That is weird, I dont get a delay with loading. Is it the excel file or Google sheet?

4 seconds to load with excel 2013.

Edit: By the dark gods I don't have time for this! But it's an awesome problem to suddenly have. Thanks, Bopper.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba