Never Have I....

Erratic1

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Got this far in the thread before I hit something I had also never done.

Oh come now... 😂

• Haha 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

12 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

Never have I ever found footwear that actually matches the rest of my costume (to my satisfaction, anyway).

My basic "monkey" costume is barefoot for this reason.  As I begin to accessorize I often settle for something armored and colored black to hide it's failings, but footwear mismatch is a serious issue with this game.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

completed mmm, 50%? of the content. Huge numbers of blue contacts for instance, but maybe 60-70% of redside contacts. Also, I haven't pvp'd since early in live when pvp just came out, right around the introduction of set ios; mostly i played in the one spot to get points or whatever to buy the awesome insps, or in rv because taking points and getting big mechs was/is fun, especially if you exclude the pvp.

Played an Arachnos Soldier/Widow, Peacebringer or Sentinel. Until last week I had never played a Stalker.

Hami raid in the Abyss. I can count the number I've done in the Hive on one hand.

Power leveled a character or done an AE farm. I have been know to farm Fake Nemesis.

Played goldside.

I think I've done Dr. Q once.

Had to google ERP - didn't know that was a thing in CoH. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

14 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Don't take this the wrong way but I read this and all I wonder is what the hell are y'all doing? ...lol

Never have I ever read this and wondered what everyone is doing.  😉

12 hours ago, Kismet Cowboy said:
  • Never got a dominator or controller past 15, despite trying many times. Maybe they're just late bloomers, maybe the control-style playstyle just isn't for me, but I find them so boring.

They're late bloomers.  In the original design of the game they really were a struggle until security level 22, and teaming was almost manditory.  It's easier now with things like DFB teams and Posi 1 & 2 task forces (not to mention the 2x XP from the P2W vendor) to more quickly push them up to the mid-20s, where they really start to come into their own.  While never extreme damage levels (someone's going to disprove me on that), by level 50 many of them are quite the terrors.  I've said it before, but illusion/storm controllers, for example, are a joy to play.  So much variety to choose from!

• Thumbs Up 1

Never have I...

... actually finished leveling a Warshade.

I've tried. I really have. Multiple times, with different builds.

Human-only. Bi-forms. A full-on MFing tri-form.... But no dice. 

I hated every single one of them and ended up abandoning them all somewhere along the way.

There's just no livin' la vida purple for me. 

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

There's just no livin' la vida purple for me. 

I've never stopped being sad at just how bad Khels have always been. (I'll throw in the caveat of "while solo" to be nice.) And I mostly soloed both to 50 back when they were released. Oh, the tantrums I threw then...

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Never have I ever rolled a Stone Tank or Brute.

Never have I ever played a Peacebringer.

Never led a Incarnate trial or anything else that requires a League. (except the occasional GM defeat where more than 7 people showed up)

Never have I ever passed up the opportunity to do Crimson and Indigo's arc and serve sweet justice to every Malta agent I met. Those anti-MHI guys gotta go down!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Techwright said:

Never have I ever regretted nuking entire zones back when there were no target caps and you could cram a thousand nazis in a dumpster.

I specifically made my (what ended up being my first 50) fire/axe tank to herd all of creys folley into dumpsters for buuuuuuurn to "farm" warwolves.

Dumpster diving is a long lost art.

I've never ever hit 50 on a Kheldian.  Kept trying especially on a Warshade (and especially since watching one, pre-IOs, nuke a spawn then mop up the corpses to instantly refill their health and end bars).  They did it so rapidly this GM Empath player was amazed.

Never gotten to 50 on a Praetorian while running only Goldside content.

Never hit 50 on a Tanker.  These last couple will happen, less sure about those Khelds.  Haven't done it on a Sentinel yet but that is mostly a result of the computer going belly up.

Never done a redside Hami.

Never power leveled from creation to 50.  I have done it for a few levels here and there.

Never made a character specifically to farm, particularly to finance other characters.  I have farmed but not often and it was primarily to fund that character.

Never done the Seed of Hamidon event.

Never created a character or used an alt build for PvP.

Never solo'd a GM, the Monster sort, have solo'd plenty of GMs ... the Green sort 😜

Never collected all the badges.  Dang close at one point Live, but then a new issue came along and added a bunch ... .  Never got Bug Hunter so I was likely doomed there anyway.

Never led an I-Trial

Never tried the no enhancement challenge setting on a TF.  Have done it in Oroborous for the badge.

Never exemplared to level 1.

Never got the "Rikti Gone Wild" badge on level 1 (or 2) character.

Never switched alignments all the way via alignment missions (only via Null the Gull)

Never switched off xp (as far as I recall).  

Definitely still stuff on the bucket list to do.

On 9/26/2021 at 7:14 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I've never stopped being sad at just how bad Khels have always been. (I'll throw in the caveat of "while solo" to be nice.) And I mostly soloed both to 50 back when they were released. Oh, the tantrums I threw then...

I'm selfishly happy Kheldians are bad because there is only so much you can do with a Kheldian build. A Peacebringer is going to look like another Peacebringer and a Warshade is going to look like another Warshade, for the most part. Compare that with the average diversity in any AT, with 10+ primaries and 10+ secondaries making for 100+ possible combos and interactions.

I wouldn't want for khelds to be so powerful I join a team and see a kheldian everytime, and know that kheldian is going to look and play the same as other khelds I've seen. To an extent, the playerbase congregates around top picks anyway, but even with Blasters which IMHO currently have it the worst with intrabalance, you see much more than just Fire Blast.

Plus, playing with forms means not seeing your costume. Kheldians were a fun idea and an interesting part of the lore, and I'm glad the Cryptic devs never shied from experimentation, but I feel history has proven this wasn't the right direction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never realized so many people are missing out on so much game content 😁

• Haha 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Never have I soloed to 50.

Never have I solo farmed

Never have I soloed from 1-50

Never have I leveled a character from 1-50 through farming

Never have I leveled a character from 1-50 through only story arcs

Never have I leveled a character from 1-50 through only strike forces/trials

Never have I leveled a character from 1-50 as a pure hero/villain

Never have I made a 1-50 praetorian

Never have I played a 'hardcore mode' character. (Delete at first death)

Never have I gotten a Peacebringer, Bane spider, or Night widow to 50. (Still working on it!)