Never Have I....

Erratic1

I am sure there are a lot of things people have never done in the game, but some things are more natural for people to do (play to level 50) than others (slot IOs). And some are outright weird. So, what is the thing you see done all the time that you have not done?

Kicking things off...

Never have I ever paired primary and secondary powersets of the same theme. Not a single character has ever been X/X along the lines of Fire/Fire, Dark/Dark, Ice/Ice, etc.

I've never done a TinPex.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

30 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Never have I ever paired primary and secondary powersets of the same theme. Not a single character has ever been X/X along the lines of Fire/Fire, Dark/Dark, Ice/Ice, etc.

This.

I've also never played a Controller.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Never got a HEAT or VEAT to 50.

• Like 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

Never really played a WS, PB, or Sent.

Never leveled on blueside Red only!

Never did matching powersets either.

Never been to some of blueside zones, mostly hazards I believe. 

Never did any of the league sized Incarnate trials.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Never have I ever gotten a character past level 46.

Only once have I ever bothered with set bonuses, and never have I ever slotted more than two from a set.

Never have I ever played an epic archetype.

Never have I ever found footwear that actually matches the rest of my costume (to my satisfaction, anyway).

Edited by TheOtherTed
mind your business, that's why.
  • Like 5

Never have I ever used a Fighting attack. 

• Like 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

I don't even know what one is, although I see it all the time in LFG.

That's 'cause it isn't one, but two shorter ones.  Their contacts (Tin Mage & Apex) are adjacent to each other making running them back-to-back a logical arrangement.

Well, until this summer, I'd never never participated in a Hami raid.  Have now checked that off my virtual bucket list.  Have also checked a failed Hami raid off my list.

I've never run all four parts of the Summer Block Buster.  I've only done it one time.

I've never done all of the "Who Will Die?" storyline.  I have teamed to others on one or two bits.

I've never done the Seed of Hamidon zone event.

I've never used a widow archetype.

I've never actively done PvP in the game.  I have, however, been attacked in PvP zones trying to badge hunt.

• Never made a PVP character.
  • Never run a redside Hami Raid.
  • Never made a really great base.
  • Never gotten all the badges.
  • Never hit the inf cap. (No comment on the debt cap, at least on Live.)
  • Never gotten a Brute, Dom, Scrapper, or EAT to 50.

(Makes me feel a bit of a slacker...)

On the other hand:

• Never kicked someone from a team for anything but sheer obnoxiousness.
  • Never hit the ignore cap.
  • Never turned down a prospective teammate for archetype or powerset.
  • Never needed to turn off the profanity filter to insult someone (Take that, you ectoparasitic, feather-feeding louse!)

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Thumbs Up 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Never have I ever...

... been involved in a Master of... TF. I don't want to be a hindrance screwing it up for everyone.

... done an iTrial (since live). I don't want to be a hindrance screwing it up for everyone.

... been a successful farmer. The grocery store provides me the fresh veggies I want.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seen it all. yet.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

Never hit the ignore cap.

The ignore cap is amazingly low, and it doesn't stop you from adding someone; it simply kicks the player longest on the ignore list off the list when adding a new one when full ... so you have to be watching for it to see it happen.

But, even with all the ignoring I have done, I don't think I have every had to put anyone on ignore twice.

7 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

So, what is the thing you see done all the time that you have not done?

Never been power-leveled to 50 before AE.

Never been power-levelvel to 50 in an AE farm.

Never intentionally didn't complete a mission order to farm it.

Never door-sat.

Never enjoyed the Praetorian content.

Never been an elitist.

Never enjoyed the end-game.

Never enjoyed the incarnate system.

Never completed a "full circle" through alignments through Tip missions (other than through Nul the Gull, i think I did it once out of prompting from a teammate)

Never understood why players enjoy a team where the effects are so busy that you can't see anything that you are fighting.

Never enjoyed a Hami or Mothership raid.

Never passed up helping someone that needed help if I thought I could be helpful ... especially if no one else was offering help.

Never gave some player that I didn't know more than 10 million inf.

Never made a VEAT.

Never used Mids Planner.

Never asked for build advice in the /help channel.

Never installed the VidiotMaps.

Never created a character without a bio.

Never understood why the Dr Quarterfield Task force needed to be so long. .... wait ... I think everyone knows that the Dr Quarterfield task force is too long .... 🙄

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

2 hours ago, nihilii said:

I've never ERPed in Pocket D.

I tried, but I am not very good at it. So I drank a bottle of Enriche and left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

• Also never done a TinPex. There's probably quite a few TFs I've never done.
  • Never done a Mothership or Hami raid.
  • Don't think I've ever been in the Shadow Shard for more than like 10 mins, max, if that.
  • Never got a dominator or controller past 15, despite trying many times. Maybe they're just late bloomers, maybe the control-style playstyle just isn't for me, but I find them so boring.
  • I only just took part in my first costume contest a few days ago!